It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact check: The WEF does not have a stated goal to have people own nothing by 2030

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaaaaamazing
You think that is crazy, american citizens have to pay income tax to the US government even if they earn that money in another country.

US Citizens Living Abroad: Taxes and Regulations

Do American Citizens Living Abroad Have to Pay Taxes?
Yes, if you are an American living abroad as a US citizen, you must file a US federal tax return and pay US taxes on your worldwide income no matter where you live at that time. In other words, you are subject to the same rules regarding income taxation as people living stateside.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Reuters are a partner of the WEF,they say so themselves:

www.reuters.com...

Also-

Jim began his career as a journalist and rose through the ranks at Thomson Newspapers to become responsible for operations in North America...
...Jim is a director of Pfizer, Inc. He also serves on the board of the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative and is a member of the Forum’s International Business Council, as well as on the International Advisory Boards of British American Business and the Atlantic Council.

www.weforum.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekner
No, they actually never said it. They hosted an article that described that type of situation which, ironically, didn't have that phrase in it either.

If you look at these two bits of text you will see similarities between 1984 and this article:
1984:

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Here's how life could change in my city by the year 2030:

Once in awhile I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. No where I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.
All in all, it is a good life. Much better than the path we were on, where it became so clear that we could not continue with the same model of growth. We had all these terrible things happening: lifestyle diseases, climate change, the refugee crisis, environmental degradation, completely congested cities, water pollution, air pollution, social unrest and unemployment. We lost way too many people before we realized that we could do things differently.

Both, although one is much longer than the other, end up at the same place, with the narrator accepting the trade of privacy and freedom for security and thereby making the reader think about that and deliberate if that is something they would be ok with.

Of course everyone probably agrees that that was the intent of 1984 but with the article we got a bunch of SWOOSH!

edit on 9-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
I can't help it if you didn't get the gist of the article.

At the end of the day the WEF never actually stated that this was a goal for them by 2030.

Ok, let's try this another way.

How about you walk through the author's listing of "pros and cons" and explain what aspects of that dystopian future you consider "pros".

I'm well aware of what the author's "stated goal" was in writing the piece. I think that person considers maybe half of the material in their article "beneficial", which is delusional thinking, IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
No, the topic of the thread is whether the WEF actually stated that one of their goals was to have people by 2030 own nothing and be happy about it.

It isn't about what I think might be pros in that article or whether the author considers half the things in it beneficial.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner
Yes, you come in with nothing and leave with nothing.

I came with my birthday suit, personally.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I came with my birthday suit, personally.

I have a great-aunt who likes to say she came with a man, her and my great-uncle are fraternal twins.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Technically you can own everything you want. It’s just not easy. So not many do it. Be like me. Make yourself independent. REAL Independent tho. Pay off all your debt. House, cars, loans, credit cards. Put solar panels on your home with as many batteries as possible. Dig a well. They have them now so that they can run on solar power also. Set up a garden and a small orchard. Learn to fix everything yourself or know someone who will help. And lastly, declare your property a non-profit organization, like a church. As long as you don’t have any income and only accept donations you won’t have to pay any taxes ever. I have a empty hauling trailer I put on the side of my house that I let people fill with recyclables. Or I will drop it off somewhere for them to fill it up then pick it up later in the week.Drive by the recycling center, they empty it and pay me in cash. 100% independent. 😎

<< 1  2   >>

join