It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact check: The WEF does not have a stated goal to have people own nothing by 2030

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
Yeah and the tweet also said: read more at wef.ch/2gmBN7M, which was a link to that article where the author wrote:

Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse. I wrote this piece to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.

So, it was really never a stated goal by the WEF to have people owning nothing and being happy by 2030.

edit on 8-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: vNex92

Not a conspiracy

This is the one that scares me.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That would mean only women usually hold onto the memories. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but men don't usually wear gold with diamond rings.

It is interesting that gold and diamonds have some sort of stronghold on our culteral evolution. I think its just trinkets but who really knows!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

That would mean only women usually hold onto the memories. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but men don't usually wear gold with diamond rings.

It is interesting that gold and diamonds have some sort of stronghold on our culteral evolution. I think its just trinkets but who really knows!

Men used to wear watches with crystals on them, and the bands were made of metals with conductor metals on them...although not as good a conductor as gold they would work. Also the ticking of the watch can pace the heartbeat somewhat. We can also store information in the crystaline structure of our bones. How about glasses, or in metals themselves, because there is a crystaline structure in a high carbon blade, it is just squished and elongated by the processing.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Yeah and the tweet, also said read more at wef.ch/2gmBN7M, which was a link to that article where the author wrote:

Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse. I wrote this piece to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.

So, it was really never a stated goal by the WEF to have people owning nothing and being happy by 2030.

Sigh.

Covid19 the great reset by klaus shwab

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight
You could sigh as hard as you like but Shwab's book and that article are not the same thing.

The fact being checked was if "you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" was a goal stated by the WEF. It wasn't.

edit on 8-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
Is the video of them saying this scrubbed from the internet already?

They literally said this, how can you fact check your way out of it?

Not only that but banks like black rock and others are outright buying up real estate and times all over the cou try en masse.....theyve basically made where here in Idaho you can't rent a one bedroom for under 1200 a month!

Don't give a sh!t what the fact checkers say...ill watch what they are actually DOING

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You could sigh as hard as you like but Shwab's book and that article are not the same thing.

The fact being checked was if "you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" was a goal stated by the WEF. It wasn't.

It IS a goal stated by the WEF , it's in the book! That's my point

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Can you pinpoint where because I have the book open in another tab and it isn't showing up when I search for it?

ETA: Did a quick scan through the book, spending a little more time in the chapters that might include that idea and it isn't there. I couldn't find anything in that book that mentioned loss of the right to personal property or people being happy about it.

edit on 9-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So in the USA if you buy your house outright you still have to pay taxes on it each year?? Thats a madness a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I thought this video was interesting. Hope it hasn’t been posted before.

Warning, harsh language.

“You Will Own Nothing & Be Happy” - Davos 2022 The Great Reset
m.youtube.com...

Not sure how this guy is still on YouTube.
edit on 9-2-2022 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 9-2-2022 by neutronflux because: Added screenshot

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
This might not be a goal on it's own. It's an outcome of the goals the have.

They even state it openly.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaaaaamazing

Yes that's called property & land taxes, it's like that almost everywhere.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

See here is the thing, they are pushing financial reform/tracking so they can find and give an annuity to all those kin of Nigerian Prince's scattered about the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
They didn't state it openly as a goal, they used it in a campaign about discussing what the future "might" be like based on the article I mentioned earlier.

Some people just ran with that being what "they" have planned.

edit on 9-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yeah and the tweet also said: read more at wef.ch/2gmBN7M, which was a link to that article where the author wrote:

You are either a "glass half full" type person, and by half full I mean someone willing to quaff down a half-full cup of p1ss, or you are incredibly naive, or you're drawing a paycheck from WEF/Herr Schwab.

As others have already tried to persuade you, once again, here are the printed words, extracted from the WEF's own web property:

1. All products will have become services. “I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes, writes Danish MP Ida Auken. Shopping is a distant memory in the city of 2030, whose inhabitants have cracked clean energy and borrow what they need on demand. It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two.

I don't want to hear any waffling or deliberate ambiguity (i.e. WEF floating trial balloons to the masses about where they'd like to take things) about whether or not "owning any clothes" (?!?!) is "a good or bad thing" from the future.

WTF planet is one living on to consider that not owning your own house or clothes is sort of an on the fence proposition?

In the here and now, in 2020, we call that state of living "homelessness".

So the author is opining that we could all be heading for homelessness in 2030? And this is a question of whether or not it's a "for better or for worse" thing?

o_O

Nothing I read in that article is any degree "better" than what's in 2022, and currently I'd say human civilization is not really trending up at the moment.

For the WEF to even host this type of garbage on their site tells me all I need to know about such an organization. People trying to hand me a cup full of warm p1ss ("You'll be homeless in 10 years or so, but it won't be so bad, promise!") and tell me it's delicious lemonade are not suitable custodians of a kindergarten bathroom, let alone visions of humanity's future.

So contrarians can eye roll and laugh at those "Luddite conservatives hahahah" all they want. No amount of window dressing or dressing in sheep's clothes is going to make me listen to the WEF with any sense of genuine interest or curiosity in their designs on 2030 and beyond.
edit on 9-2-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
I can't help it if you didn't get the gist of the article.

At the end of the day the WEF never actually stated that this was a goal for them by 2030.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This guy has a fairly balanced take on BlackRock, rentals and Idaho in particular:

The triggering event for this mass freak-out about BlackRock appears to be a Wall Street Journal article from April about a new spurt of home purchases to convert into rentals. The name “BlackRock” appears in it once, as an aside, among “more than 200 companies and investment firms in the house hunt.” BlackRock, which mostly manages index funds and sells trading technology, owns about $60 billion in total real estate assets. It didn’t start financing other rental home purchases until 2015, five years after the market began in earnest. And according to its year-end financial statement, over 2020 it increased its real estate portfolio (which includes commercial real estate) by a whopping … $20 million. BlackRock’s asset funds that invest in other companies’ real estate or infrastructure (an unknown portion of this goes to residential housing) had a fair market value of $75 million in 2020, with $94 million unspent.

For context, the total value of U.S. rental housing was $4.5 trillion last year. Even the most expansive reading of these numbers, where literally every one of their real estate and infrastructure assets, direct or indirect, are residential homes, would give BlackRock no more than a one-ten-thousandth share of the market. In reality, it’s much less.

So using BlackRock as a metonym for institutional investing in housing betrays near-total ignorance about the situation. Boise, Idaho’s premier home builder Blackrock Homes probably has more of a toehold in the housing market than BlackRock does. It’s clear that their name was singled out because a lot of Biden administration officials migrated from BlackRock and it fits a conservative populist narrative about captured Democratic governance. Source

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcsnacks77

Technically no one owns anything. You leave this world the same way you entered it~with nothing.

Yes, you come in with nothing and leave with nothing. And with the help of the WEF all the time in between will be filled with nothing also!

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
I can't help it if you didn't get the gist of the article.

At the end of the day the WEF never actually stated that this was a goal for them by 2030.

"Yeah, we said you'll own nothing and be happy, but we didn't say it was a goal by 2030!"

Man they sure got us with those semantics.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join