It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Me (You), 2022 - TT2022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I opened a time capsule in 1971 which I had placed in the year 2022.

Inside were very detailed notations of significant upcoming events, stock market increases, and scores of sporting events. Over the years I used this information to amass a great fortune.

So here I am in the year 2022, on my yacht anchored off my private island paradise, wondering what I should pass on to you (me). I have decided not to include a list of future events or sports scores or major stock buys. Instead, I will gift you with valuable insights into my observations.

The future is not some solid inevitability; it is fluid; changeable by choices, decisions, and actions. You would be surprised by just how many games ended up going to the other teams. Sometimes the teams slated to play according to the future looking back weren't even the same teams to play in The World Series or The Super Bowl.

I have determined to my own satisfaction that free will is really a thing. Choices and actions do matter.

So if, perchance, you don't happen to be sitting on your yacht, anchored off your own island paradise, while contemplating what manner of note to give to yourself, that should be proof positive that my observations are true to your satisfaction.

From Me (You), 2022

The note transcribed above is what I got out of the time capsule back in 1971. I'm not the guy on the yacht. I'm the guy sitting in the room he rents for cheap from someone who actually owns a house. Life has been good to me, well, good enough let's say.

If I wanted to, I could simply place the exact same note back into the time capsule, thus giving another version of myself the advantage of the wisdom gained through two lifetimes. But no, I have chosen a different path. I should show you what the time capsule looks like so that you have an understanding of the note I intend to place in it.

This isn't a picture of the actual time capsule. The actual one has much wear and tear, as if it has been in circulation for many lifetimes. How's that for a lifetime guarantee?

So anyway, here's what I am placing inside:

Since I am now at a certain stage in life, where I am never far from my coffee pot, I am passing this wonderful piece of craftsmanship on to you. It beats the heck out of those glass products. It's all stainless steel construction.

So use it for its intended purpose. You don't necessarily have to use it to keep coffee hot, just as you don't have to be a complete coffee addict like me.

It's totally up to you.

- The End -

edit on 8-2-2022 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
I like it, something different

Nice to see you around pthena

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Hear, hear!!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

After my most recent hiatus from ATS, the first thread that I came upon was this: 300 million year old pot found in coal, about OOPArts (Out of Place Artifacts).

Upon discovering what the topic of the contest was I thought "hmmm".

So it's an OOPS! story, with just a slight butterfly effect, consciously introduced.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
I did actually mess about with time capsules back in '70,'71. One of my first was a peanut butter jar that I buried.

When I checked on it some weeks later, I found that someone else had smashed it and destroyed the contents. Stainless-steel seemed more appropriate this time around.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Nice to see you around too Zos!

So where's your hear hear now?

If I understood this social interaction correctly, that is.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

So where's your hear hear now?

It's right here:
Hear, hear!!
lol. Just an old fashioned way of saying "I agree!"

Nice to see you too!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I love it. I just taught a lesson in which time capsules came up and I thought about making one w/ my kids. If we do, I'll be sure not to use a peanut butter jar, and that we bury it in secret

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A really good short story. So many thoughts and questions in so few lines. Nice work!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This is a very nice story that you will write next week.

Remember what we said tomorrow ?

Maybe we'll find-out yesterday ?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

Thank you.
I'm glad now that I left out a bunch of other stuff that I had thought of adding.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
Thank you

I was oh so tempted to place a wisdom quote as a prefatory note.

"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
. . .
There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after."
- from Ecclesiastes 1 -

So what can I say now?

I don't remember.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   

lol here it's a way to challenge someone's words OR to hint on something in a joking manner :-P

new topics

top topics

join