It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying car on surveillance cam regarding kidnapping, Denmark

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well, I been reading the news today.. and there is a girl missing in my local area in Denmark.
The police thinks it could be a kidnapping.

It is regarding the 22 year old girl Mia Skadhauge Stevn from the town Aalborg in Denmark.
She was last seen sunday night in Aalborg party area.

The family and police say its unusual she have not given any signs of life for this long and fear there might be a crime.

She was last seen getting into a black car, the police think it could be a uber.
The police say they cannot identify what brand of car it is. So I thought perhaps ATS could help identify it, and I could relay that information to the local police.

There have been a public "wanted person" message on social media and on police own homepage here:
politi.dk...
'
Danish news:
nyheder.tv2.dk...

www.world-today-news.com...

I do not know the girl, but I do not have anything better to do... and perhaps there are some car experts in here.

edit on 8-2-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I can't be of any help, I just wanted to say fair play for trying.

Respect,

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A dark colored 08 kia spectra maybe.

Notice the bump out on the read bumper.
This picture actually helps limit the models of 4dr hatchbacks.
A couple identifiable things stand out to me.
-The body line at window bottoms are pretty flat, traveling length of car into trunk window, making it have a weird looking, small hatchback door panel above the bumper.
-The bottom of the bumper has an obvious flare out to it..like the spectra
-The rear hatchback window is at a 45 degree angle
-lights look similar too
pic

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Add pic

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

It looks like an Alfa Romeo Giulietta with the back end lowered.

Perhaps something heavy in the back.

edit on 822022 by Wide-Eyes because: To add video.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Way too sexy imo
The front end is too rounded on the AR.
That car in pic is pretty square.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here is a bigger picture:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
A dark colored 08 kia spectra maybe.

Notice the bump out on the read bumper.
This picture actually helps limit the models of 4dr hatchbacks.
A couple identifiable things stand out to me.
-The body line at window bottoms are pretty flat, traveling length of car into trunk window, making it have a weird looking, small hatchback door panel above the bumper.
-The bottom of the bumper has an obvious flare out to it..like the spectra
-The rear hatchback window is at a 45 degree angle
-lights look similar too
pic

But does it not look like the number plates are much lower on the "unknown" car then the spectra. And perhaps the unknown car is missing that lip back spoiler at top ?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Here is a bigger picture:

Its a citreon

here is a similar model I can't find the exact one I am looking for atm

Link

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Seat LEON ST with halogen head lights and aftermarket FR line rims? I owned the 2018 model.

Look at the rims, look at the trailer hook, check out where the license plate is, the back lights. The SEAT sign is right where it is on these models, the silver logo is even on the photo. The roof line is the same. The back hatch has a small plateau too

The car has a "steam iron edge" on the door line, check out where the reflection is, it's right above that "steam iron egde". The older models are rounder, this one from my photo is a facelift. The older models have more rounder edges.

I would have said it's an Alfa Romeo Guilette because of the rims and back, but I am most confident it is a SEAT Leon or IBIZA. It's just too many similarities. The rear lights blend like this so they look like round on pictures. I have seen that model so often at night from this angle, even with the trailer hook sticking out it fits perfect.
edit on 8.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I was just about to suggest a Seat Leon.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Thanks for the suggestion, I see the similarities.

I will wait some time before contacting the police to see if anyone else have suggestions.

thx

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I am currently on the autobahn but had to stop to get fuel, there is a older model, I just passed an older model like that in black minutes ago, it's a model with halogen head lights, the one in my photo has the full LED headlights already.

I write this because I noticed the model and while overtaking, looked at front lights and yes they are exactly like in the photo. I also noticed now, that the car (add: in the picture...) is indeed very low, on the front too but the back a bit more.

If I could see the edge of the tires to compare it with the fenders, I could tell you if the suspension is original or not. SEAT does two heights for the older models without dynamic suspension actors. This one looks even lower than the sport suspension package they offer. Either a spring in the back broke or it's under load.

That's about everything I could extract, that is, if I am right and it is a LEON.

Also cheers to flatcoat, you two give me even more confidence it's a LEON.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I'm pretty confident you've nailed it with your assessment. As for my part, I've lived in Spain for the last 20 years and at least half my friends had a Seat....it instantly popped into my head when I saw the photo.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Is it possible it could be a SAAB?
I ask because the rims of the car remind me of SAAB rims
Those can be used as an important identifier
I pray for the safe return of this girl, please everyone send a prayer out, it makes more of a difference than we know.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

If I dim the lights and add contrast you can see the shape of the lights.
The front light got a strange design.

does this match ?

Also looks like it have big vertical break lights in the back ?
nvm.. could just be a glare from nearby shops and street lamps

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Yeah then you give it even more credit than me, having lived there for so long and seen so many. It's a SEAT for sure and it is a model with halogen head lights. Not because of the color, I think that is a reflection, because the full LED head beams have "eye lashes" as a faint LED strip when standing, and if the head beams were on, you would see it because everything on the street would be white. And they are automatic on, as soon as you turn on pre ignition. The rear lights are on, so the front would be too. So It can only be the mediocre halogen IMHO.

So we have:

SEAT
Either LEON or IBIZA (probably IBIZA because no roof railing visible!)
if LEON then it is the ST-Version (4/5-door is always ST)
Trailer hook, maybe removeable
Probably the original 18" rims
Maybe FR-Line (lowered suspension, but unsure, I can not see where the fenders start)
Looks like no full LED.

@Spacespider
Tell the police they should ask SEAT about what they think the model is ASAP. Someone from them can identify it much better.

@Someone that can enhance images, please give it a shot.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The rear lights have little chamfers on the edges that reflect upward. Notice there is a third brake light too, just like the LEON and Ibiza have too. It's also the rear spoiler at the same time and IBIZA have smaller ones, next size is LEON and the CUPRA.

The front lights, I am unsure, maybe it is just a reflection. The reflection has the same color than the lights in the windows and the reflection on the pain near the rear, too.

Check out the FULL LED ones, it might be the eyelashes that bend upward but I took it as a reflection. Because the front lights would then have the same color as the rear licence plate lighting. They are always LED, even if you buy halogen, these will always be halogen and we can use it as a color reference.

www.qwant.com...

I need to pack my stuff and drive on, will check back later.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I already talk to the police, and gave them a link to this thread. So free to add stuff if anything comes up
Thanks for the help guys.

I will report back if she is found or if we guessed it.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They told me more then 100 people have called them about what car it could be.

So I guess this will be added to the list.

Hope they find her, thanks for the help guys

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I think you guys have it right with the Leon.

However, I'm out and about today and just saw an Opel Astra that is very similar. I don't have time to do a proper search, but it is very similar. The brake light cluster, bumper height/angle, the headlights also have a strip of LEDs "eyelash" running lights. I wouldn't know what model it is, but the year could be 2020; the 2021 model is a bit different.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join