It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Agreements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Reason for posting In this forum, The Four Agreements of life are derived from the wisdom of the Toltec people. They are from a book written by Don Miguel Ruiz.

Agreement 1. Be impeccable with Your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what You mean.

Agreement 2. Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of You. What others say and do is a result of their own dream.

Agreement 3. Don't make assumptions. Find the quiet courage to ask questions.

Agreement 4. Always do your best. Your best will change from moment to moment. Under any circumstance, do your best.

Ok so there we have it. I really like these and have incorporated them into my personal philosophy of things, and wanted to put them out there in this format.

So the Toltec were aggressive and violent. Fierce warriors...and they participated in ritual human sacrifice.
I have this concept that I named Hitlers Time Machine, this is when some despicable piece of garbage in life comes up with an idea. There are two sides to Hitlers Time Machine conundrum..Kill Hitler , take the time machine and use it, or kill Hitler and destroy the time machine..In Lord of the Rings its pretty cut and dry, the Ring can't be used for good period. Gets destroyed. Real life..not so cut and dry. Yup kill Hitler...But its a freakin time machine!..So anytime someone who isn't worth the powder it would take sends some stupidity my way I consider Hitlers Time machine, among other things..Such as these 4 agreements, or Corners if You will.

Hope You can benefit from the Toltec wisdom as I have.

edit on 27-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: content

edit on 27-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We shouldn’t be presumptuous enough to think that we have all the information to make decisions like to kill Hitler. We are so limited. Someone is even more limited if they think they should go back in time if able and kill Hitler. Much more limited and rather narrow minded.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

Reason for posting In this forum, The Four Agreements of life are derived from the wisdom of the Toltec people. They are from a book written by Don Miguel Ruiz.

Agreement 1. Be impeccable with Your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what You mean.

Agreement 2. Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of You. What others say and do is a result of their own dream.

Agreement 3. Don't make assumptions. Find the quiet courage to ask questions.

Agreement 4. Always do your best. Your best will change from moment to moment. Under any circumstance, do your best.

Ok so there we have it. I really like these and have incorporated them into my personal philosophy of things, and wanted to put them out there in this format.

So the Toltec were aggressive and violent. Fierce warriors...and they participated in ritual human sacrifice.
I have this concept that I named Hitlers Time Machine, this is when some despicable piece of garbage in life comes up with an idea. There are two sides to Hitlers Time Machine conundrum..Kill Hitler , take the time machine and use it, or kill Hitler and destroy the time machine..In Lord of the Rings its pretty cut and dry, the Ring can't be used for good period. Gets destroyed. Real life..not so cut and dry. Yup kill Hitler...But its a freakin time machine!..So anytime someone who isn't worth the powder it would take sends some stupidity my way I consider Hitlers Time machine, among other things..Such as these 4 agreements, or Corners if You will.

Hope You can benefit from the Toltec wisdom as I have.

I've read the 4 Agreements, and also the follow up The Fifth Agreement. There are some good concepts in them.

However, one area I gravitate away from now days is complete relativism. In agreement 2, "don't take anything personally," one of the primary philosophies is that everything is simply relative and matter of perspective or someone's "dream." While that is true with many things, not EVERYTHING is imaginary and relative. This is nothing but spiritual post-modernism.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams
We shouldn’t be presumptuous enough to think that we have all the information to make decisions like to kill Hitler. We are so limited. Someone is even more limited if they think they should go back in time if able and kill Hitler. Much more limited and rather narrow minded.

I used killing Hitler as an almost absolute reference point. Never mentioned anything about using the Time machine to kill anyone. The point is actually the opposite. Id like to think that I use the time machine every day for a positive outcome.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This is nothing but spiritual post-modernism.

And that's ok. I don't have to know about the birthmark on David Lee Roths inner buttcheek to like Van Halen.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, and like I said, there is some good stuff in those books. LIke anything, take what works for us and leave the rest.

This is nothing but spiritual post-modernism.

And that's ok. I don't have to know about the birthmark on David Lee Roths inner buttcheek to like Van Halen.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams

I used killing Hitler as an almost absolute reference point. Never mentioned anything about using the Time machine to kill anyone. The point is actually the opposite. Id like to think that I use the time machine every day for a positive outcome.

Good plan. I wonder if despite good plans and intentions that the "law of unintended consequences" will raise it's ugly head? That cold be a surprising feedback loop.

An interesting concept this thread presents.

edit on 27-1-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I hope you have all the paperwork in order for that time machine, the keepers mean business when it comes to time infringement.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

The first "Agreement ' will itself prove impossible for at least 99% of people to keep . 99.9 % probably .

Sounds to me like the Ts were just one more race /tribe that were 'visited' and that the the new ruling elite over rated the capacity of their slaves in terms of enlightenment .Or , did not succeed to manipulate the DNA as much as they had hoped .

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know. The Continuum Cops don't mess around. My ship has a light speed engine with a transmission (16 speeds), they've been after me for a long time just for that..throw a time machine in the mix...and I hit the Cosmos Most wanted list in a hurry. a reply to: Terpene

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I liked that the principle is straightforward and somewhat simplified. Unlike other philosophies that seem to be easy to overcomplicate and distort. Seems the disciplines of the world require too much preparatory activity, which is good for the body and makes us more pliable to the program of social control that most texts are used for. Can it all be boiled down? In a perfect world I suppose..That takes a lot of failure and waste because no one is ever on the same page. a reply to: Madviking

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Interesting but the use of the term 'Toltec' is misleading.

A modern movement led by writer Miguel Ruiz is called "Toltec Spirit." In his famous book "The Four Agreements," Ruiz outlines a plan for creating happiness in your life. Ruiz' philosophy states that you should be diligent and principled in your personal life and try not to worry about things you cannot change. Other than the name "Toltec," this modern-day philosophy has absolutely nothing to do with the ancient Toltec civilization.

The Toltec's had no written language and the people who were the Toltecs did not survive as a community after their capital city of Tula (Tollen or Tula de Hidalgo) was destroyed nor did their language.

They were noted for being militaristic and violent group.
edit on 6/2/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The first "Agreement ' will itself prove impossible for at least 99% of people to keep . 99.9 % probably .

Thats my favorite of the agreements. And yes, You are correct. Unfortunately

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey , I’ve got another one to add :
“ Don’t be a tosser to people on forums who might not know as much as you ..”
for Harte and his sycophant Hans.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Truly hope I don't come off this way. If so, I have failed. This site has a monstrous collective intelligence ready to assassinate BS at the drop of a hat..defense becomes offense.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mate , no one on here is as rude as those two clowns, the pseudo-academic Harte and the actual academic Hans who stands behind the bully sucking up to his nasty snarky comments.
They could both do with reading the said Agreements. I’ve watched them belittle and be rude to so many people on here over the years , just sick of seeing other posters , who may be new, or who don’t know as much as them , being insulted.
Funny how they never get warnings or bans or posts deleted due to their rudeness , which , by the way , is ALWAYS levels above everyone else .

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes KILL Hitler! then you are as bad.
why not do it in a good way?
Hitler loved painting, so.
go back and sponser him to paint!
set up fame people to buy his work.
make him famous hes happy.

Now go find his replacement and do over...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The Hitlers time machine metaphor isn't about going back and killing hitler. It was assuming he is alive and has created a time machine. (If I would have been alive while he was) So say during ww2 we discovered hitler had built a time machine...the question was..what would we have done? Kill Hitler and take the machine to use for good, or kill Hitler and destroy the contraption?.. But if the hypothetical killing of Hitler is a sensitive area..my apologies.

If I would have meant it the way you interpreted it then Your solution would be preferable. Awesome actually.a reply to: buddha

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
Hey , I’ve got another one to add :
for Harte and his sycophant Hans.

WELL gosh

Harte works for me dude in a rotating supremacy confederation but he gets Tuesdays off. We are also mentalist archtoppers of the third tier. We are strengthen in five dimensions by the vibrations caused by reality supplanting fringe.

It is our gravitational duty to do so. If we didn't the pressure of the fringe would cause cats to murder trees and science to fail.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

Tsk, tsk. So you are saying the moderation here is biased for us? I hadn't noticed that. I left here because moderation against trolls was NOT done. I visit only rarely now. You feel bad because we so often corrected your lies and misstatements? That isn't our fault its yours.

I'd be interested in seeing all the insults I hurtled at you care to list them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join