It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill be debating Richard Spencer tonight on Trump and populism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: tanstaafl

I have personally been verbally assaulted with people calling me a “corona”

As I said, I didn't say it never happens... and I'm sorry that you were assaulted by some racist asshat moron.

Why did the president make a point and say we need to protect Asian Americans?????

I never heard him say that, but I'll take your word that he did, and he probably was told to say it by one of his RINO racist handlers.

There are videos and stories galore of Asians being targeted and being told to go back to China, that they were a Virus, that they caused the virus.

I think you are letting your personal experience cloud your bias.

If it was happening all the time, it would be all over the news. It isn't.

I’m not going to argue with someone that is closed minded. Just because you don’t want to believe it has and is happening doesn’t mean that is reality.

Your reality is not mine.

If it was really as bad as you say, you'd be experiencing it all the time. Are you?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Exactly. It isn't racist, and no one takes it as racist, and no one that I have ever heard of blames asian people, chinese or otherwise, personally, for it.

I have personally been verbally assaulted with people calling me a “corona”

Why did the president make a point and say we need to protect Asian Americans?????
Is that just something he says out of the blue?

There are videos and stories galore of Asians being targeted and being told to go back to China, that they were a Virus, that they caused the virus.
I’m not going to argue with someone that is closed minded. Just because you don’t want to believe it has and is happening doesn’t mean that is reality.

I believe you, and I condemn those individuals treating you that way.

I think though that all people need to take stock of ideology and rhetoric.

Did you know that I've had people verbally attack me, or even pass me over for promotions and hiring, because I'm a white, blonde male? In the current reality, there are also people on the left who are becoming radicalized by identity politics rhetoric. Some will even state "yes all white people" or "yes all men." How often are they being held to account?
edit on 30-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I never heard him say that, but I'll take your word that he did, and he probably was told to say it by one of his RINO racist handlers.

www.nbcnews.com...

I think you are letting your personal experience cloud your bias.

If it was happening all the time, it would be all over the news. It isn't.

Do you read the news?!!! There are thousands of articles, I'll just list a few from different sources.
nextshark.com...

32% of Americans Have Seen Asians Attacked Over COVID-19

www.bbc.com...

Covid 'hate crimes' against Asian Americans on rise

www.npr.org...

The Rise In Anti-Asian Attacks During The COVID-19 Pandemic

In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, violent attacks and harassment toward Asian Americans have spiked.

So this article address both yours and & Madviking. Yes there has been discrimination against all sorts of people. What is different is that there is an INCREASE in crime against Asians. Why is that, is it just random.

I'm done trying to prove to you what you refuse to believe.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its just so beyond the pale.

Blaming Asians, not even specifically Chinese for Chinas (and the US) construction of a virus?

Just makes no logical sense. Then again, the past few years has made no logical sense.

However, thats where we are. Clownworld.

Sorry you had to experience exponential racism.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do you read the news?!!!

No, I stopped reading/watching propaganda a long time ago.

There are thousands of articles, I'll just list a few from different sources.

Nextshark? Wtf is that?

Regardless... I'll wager that, just like they do with the Covid deaths and cases and everything else they report on, the numbers are extremely exaggerated, and/or the individual cases are often mis-attributed to 'Covid' when it wasn't.

I'm done trying to prove to you what you refuse to believe.

Probably a good idea...

ETA: oh, and to be clear, I was directing my points against the ridiculous notion that any sane, rational person can take anything that Trump as racist against the chines, or asians, and especially can never use anything he said to even remotely justify violance against chinese people, much less asians in general.
edit on 30-1-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join