It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of The Lord?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Goth. The whole topic of this thread is based on the fantasy that the Bible is anything more than that, a fantasy, right? That somehow an obscure passage from thousands of years ago manages to correctly predict a future cosmic event. I meet fantasy with fantasy, or as you put it science fiction.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 12:52 AM
link   
When does the day of the Lord start? Soon.

John 2
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So according to the John 2 prophecy he will raise the temple of his body in 3000 years. Take off 1000 years for the 1000 year reign of the saints that would mean the Apocalypse will be over at the 2000th anniversary of his death. Generally considered to be April 7 2033.

So when does the day of the Lord start. At the 6th seal of Revelation. Date wise probably in the next 3-4 years approximately.

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I,myself watch the events in Israel.Especially the Dome of the Rock,the Wailing wall.
Son of Satan will proclaim himself G_d and upon a throne.Until the lord intervene.The end.
edit on CSTTueam2261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You are right, a deadly gamaray burst fits the description better.

(post by GUGLiL removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

First and foremost we have to establish whether "The Lord" actually exists.
Thereafter we can decide whether any specific day had been assigned to "it".

Currently there exists no actual proof for any kind of deity, so I guess your thread is an exercise in desperation?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

There's actually a reason for that in the book of Hosea. According to the "day of Jezreel" prophecy Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And according to Hosea 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8 the curse part of the prophecy is 2000 years long.

So according to this prophecy absence of proof doesn't equate to the absence of the Lord. If anything the history of the past 2000 years on the Jews back up this curse prophecy.

And this warning from Mark.

Mark 13
34For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
edit on 26-1-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: Kreeate

There's actually a reason for that in the book of Hosea. According to the "day of Jezreel" prophecy Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And according to Hosea 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8 the curse part of the prophecy is 2000 years long.

So according to this prophecy absence of proof doesn't equate to the absence of the Lord.

Mark 13
34For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

That's all very entertaining and all, yet still no credence or evidence for god. Quoting things from the bible is utterly meaningless. It's synonymous to quoting harry potter and claiming the quotes are "evidence" for wizards.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
I want to open the forum to see how and if others believe in this passage. Then I will share my beliefs if there is enough response.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

2 Peter 3:10

NIV

I believe it 100 percent.

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.“

The way I read it everything will start over, new.

Anticipating your thoughts!

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

That already happened IMO: it was the flood in Genesis. See Lybian glass fields for supporting evidence.

wiki

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

No day of the Lord has come yet. The Lord needs to successfully steal a lot of money. He's a thief.

The elements in heaven are always melting. And there must always be great mechanical noise in Heaven, from solar wind.

When the basic operation of heaven and earth are revealed, the lies which that revelation exposes will be pretty "earth shattering."

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

No day of the Lord has come yet. The Lord needs to successfully steal a lot of money. He's a thief.

The elements in heaven are always melting. And there must always be great mechanical noise in Heaven, from solar wind.

When the basic operation of heaven and earth are revealed, the lies which that revelation exposes will be pretty "earth shattering."

Thanks for the brilliant reply and I wish you luck with your thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join