It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman in the CRYPTO DIP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How many Country's have banned crypto so far .

I heard Russia and China

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I was planning to buy a mining machine, now they are cheaper. Maybe that's why.

For Bitcoin? You'd be better off throwing your money out the window.

edit on 22-1-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
ATS is where you come to brag about how much you made, not where you learn about crypto.

Lot of clowns on here like that, buying in the $40's and 50's and posting their awesome memes.

HODL cupcakes, big nanny government is coming.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I was reading over in another more focused forum about the global "whales" but they call them something different there.
Same "whales" appear to be active "policing" other global financial markets.
Tools like dark pools and currency markets get floated around a lot.
Whales weighing in goes way back....

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

ATS is where you come to brag about how much you made, not where you learn about crypto.

Lot of clowns on here like that, buying in the $40's and 50's and posting their awesome memes.

I've resembled that remark.

Like Kenny says, You gotta know when to hodl em, know when to fodl em...

edit on 1/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: lol

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate

I was reading over in another more focused forum about the global "whales" but they call them something different there.
Same "whales" appear to be active "policing" other global financial markets.
Tools like dark pools and currency markets get floated around a lot.
Whales weighing in goes way back....

Yea F2Pool in China was and probably still is heavily manipulating the market. There are others too(some backed by governments or huge corporations), I haven't been actively trading in ages...so I'm sure there's even more and even more sophisticated with algorithms doing the work (stealing, lol).

It's like going to the Klondike in the year 2000....that boat has pretty much sailed...
edit on 1/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The last paragraph could be applied to any topic here.

I remember the golden ATS Era. Before the Mayan calendar expiration.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It's like going to the Klondike in the year 2000....that boat has pretty much sailed...

At least with that the gold was worth something, Bitcoin is not even a zero sum game, it's a negative sum game and world governments are starting to get irritated.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

True,

But the risk factor is a little different, no?

I'm not trying to discourage you, just relating what I see happening, like others are warning, heavy regulation is coming. They're right.

In the early days we didn't give the government a second thought, when it came to crypto, in fact what I invested in crypto at the time was in my own way a big middle finger to government...it was based on a philosophy.

Now? The government is saying “you'll have to pay taxes and follow the rules, just like any other industry”

Kinda takes the whole being underground out of the equation...

(post by Trueman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

Tools like dark pools and currency markets get floated around a lot. Whales weighing in goes way back....

The rich know there is power in numbers.

Early in the fantasy online sports days my husband and I won a couple of jackpots. We didn’t believe it until it hit our bank account. Then that ability fell off a cliff. I know how too.

The “sharks” got involved.
I never did it but here is how the “dark pools” win. There are so many teams and so many winning combinations. If you get enough people and bet on those combinations or statistically the most probable, someone will win, then you split the profits. They have things to try to prevent it, but there are always ways around it.
The online sports betting venues knew this was a problem so they started doing single entry games. You’ll almost never see the professionals playing those. You can tell because the same dozen people always win the top prizes. It works too well, the lottery has banned this process because the same people were winning.

My guess is crypto is being playing like that. They wait for everyone to build the wave up, then sell. Then when it is low, they buy. The rich have this process down. It sounds easy, but it isn’t, and it usually isn’t done by just one person either.

edit on 22-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was planning to buy a mining machine, now they are cheaper. Maybe that's why.

For Bitcoin? You'd be better off throwing your money out the window.

I was. No more. Now looking for a time machine.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Wonder what if other kind of government would do the same.

Wonder if crypto will be a topic to debate next election season or something to avoid talking about.

You didn't discourage me. Paying taxes neither. You wished me luck; you shared your views.
[snipped]

I don't think the option to debate it will come up (at least not in my country), they just add or change laws on the fly.

The whole idea of Bitcoin was to circumvent governments and make anonymous money a thing. That obviously has failed or is too hard to adapt on Satoshi's design, not to mention the mining issue.

Bitcoin White Paper

I'm sure you've read that, but maybe some are interested..

I looked at it as a gamble back in the day, I only invested what I was willing to lose. That gamble paid off, but now as I said before..the gravy train is over, and they (government's) might become the engineers driving the train....

If you're having fun and not spending the bread money....give'er.

edit on 1/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

edit on Sat Jan 22 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It's absolutely disgraceful that an ATS member is shilling a token like Shib and just listening to YouTube clowns about how it's going to be the next big thing. Shameful even.

Technical analysis on a meme token is absurd. Promoting it is absurd. In five years what you're doing now will targeted by the SEC and you'll be looking at SEC investigators face to face. This site is way too big to be allowing this bs to continue.

A. He is not shilling Shib at all.
B. What they are doing in the realm of NFTs / Gaming have moved this beyond a meme token.
C. The ownership is irrelevant when one understands the burning schedule.

Time will tell, but this coin is going to be a winner. Shiba/Leash/Bone have been developed by a team that I find to be worth researching and investing into, your level of disdain is your own opinion and it is laughable that you reported this to the mods.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sports betting analogy was spot on.

As far as the trades go, they use algorithms that outperform the market. Up or down at will. No humans need be involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If big nanny government had the power you project, bitcoin never would have been allowed to progress to the point that it has.

The global corruption we have all been so accustomed to is on its last legs, as it is taken down their control of currency will be taken down right along with them.

Blockchain tech is freeing humanity from the banksters stranglehold, would you like a meme?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Wow, I think you're the first to mention NFTs.

That's where I see some interesting stuff going on, it has its own future IMO.

Oh and the possibilities of Blockchain, taking crypto out of the mix even, is endless.

edit on 1/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: elementalgrove

Wow, I think you're the first to mention NFTs.

That's where I see some interesting stuff going on, it has its own future IMO.

Oh and the possibilities of Blockchain, taking crypto out of the mix even, is endless.

I could not agree more!

We are living in very exciting times and this technology is nothing short of revolutionary.

The NFT world is ramping up and there are so many altcoin teams that are the driving force into this unknown territory!

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
If big nanny government had the power you project, bitcoin never would have been allowed to progress to the point that it has.

Bitcoin mining is already banned in several countries with Congress now discussing regulations on mining here due to energy consumption.

Blockchain tech is freeing humanity from the banksters stranglehold, would you like a meme?

And everyone laughed and laughed and laughed until FedCoin showed up.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Bitcoin mining is already banned in several countries with Congress now discussing regulations on mining here due to energy consumption.

And everyone laughed and laughed and laughed until FedCoin showed up.

I know it is super scary, big nanny government is always going to control us, there is no hope!

My god Congress is discussing regulations!?

Did Greta give another inspiring blah, blah, blah speech and now our virtuous leaders are going to act!?

We just need more windmills

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmSaturday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join