It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What shortages of edible and none edible goods are you seeing in your country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Actually in one of my more recent post I stated that toilet paper, tissue paper , sugar, bread flour and oil made products are / will be in short supply.
Yesterday the mouse I use from my computer broke. ( the ones you buy at the dollar store for about 3 bucks ) So I went looking for a new one. Went to 4 stores that usually sell on the cheap side. Like wow! Mostly all sold out except the more expensive ones. Luckily I was able to snag the last 300 yen one (3 bucks ). I couldn't believe it.
So I guess if you actually have to go shopping that you rarely have to replace, we all might find some kind of shortages.
One thing this virus did in this country was to bring down the high cost of rice. Reason was, restaurants closed and the rice suppliers had WAY TOO much rice.
edit on 0100000059442022-01-16T20:44:59-06:00445901pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We went to Meijers today to pick up some stuff. The area where the chicken strips and chicken nuggets was bare, people bought the stuff out. I suppose that people are preparing for the upcoming superbowl celebrations at their homes and figured they better buy them while they could get them. There were a few other things low, like orange juice and stuff like that, I suppose people were stocking up to make mixed drinks while watching the superbowl too, or the women wanted things to drink while all the guys were watching the game. Prices went up somewhat, but most things were still in stock there and at the other super markets. At the Super One, there were some bare areas in the pizza section a few days ago when we were there, I expect a potato chip and tostada chip shortage too coming up before the game.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm not seeing any shortages. Or at least not for anything we buy.
edit on 16 1 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Anybody anywhere seeing gas shortages or long lines ??? 😨

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have not seen any edible underwear in the grocery stores around here. You would think that since they legalized pot and gambling here there would be edible underwear in the stores...Maybe I need to go to a pot store or something to see a pair, come to think about it I never have seen edible underwear in any store. Maybe I just don't go into the right kinds of stores.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Located in the Prairies in Canada. So far we have been seeing shortages on Chicken/Beef and dairy since Mid December -- If you go to Costco, it is always there in abundance, but any other store in the city (pop. approx 260,000) is always lacking.

Produce is generally hard to come by in good "fresh" quality. Seems to always arrive at the stores near its expiration or it just looks unappetizing and not worth the $$$ for what you get.

Other than that, gas prices being at $1.39/L CAD for Reg. is annoying.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm near Houston, not seeing any shortages.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have not seen any edible underwear in the grocery stores around here. You would think that since they legalized pot and gambling here there would be edible underwear in the stores...Maybe I need to go to a pot store or something to see a pair, come to think about it I never have seen edible underwear in any store. Maybe I just don't go into the right kinds of stores.

Check Craigslist you can get them cheap.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
MidWest USA.

Coffee. Including the store brand, Krogers. There is coffee available, but maybe not the kind of brand you prefer. IOW, some empty shelves.

Ready-to-eat cereal. We don't buy it, but a lot of bare spots, or one box in front masking the bareness. Seemed to be more Kelloggs than anything else.

Frozen foods. Always various bare spots. Especially pizzas.

New vehicles.

Mail delivery. The last two-three weeks, our mail is often 4 hours later than usual, if it is delivered at all.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

In Canada, severe shortages of:
- honesty
- transparency
- democracy
But above all, shortages of LIBERTY

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Pretty much universal shortages there. It’s the groundwork for the NWO.

a reply to: M5xaz

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nor in Detroit. $2.95 per gallon tonite. Milk, breads, meats. All good.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Coffee.

I would be a thinkin , time for me to punch out on the old time clock....

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Shortages ? Yes . Lots. You just have to wait on the stock to come in . (It helps to know folks that work in the stores)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

It's mostly logistics and those have been steadily changing for a while. Is Amazon big in Japan?

A few high street stores in the UK keep stock at depots and collection points these days, things like batteries, HD cables and keyboards, things that move fast. I can order right now and it would be ready to collect in 5 minutes I can imagine a place like Japan loving modern logistics in the marketplace. Maybe this is the reason you're seeing less mouse's and the likes in stores.

Foodstuffs are often distributed on mass so if a warehouse misses one truck a whole region can run out of a product fast, it could also be the case that the producer is having logistical hiccups too. That said there's diversity in online shopping and due to covid there's a lot of consumer fluidity in the choices people are making.

There's no actual shortages of anything food wise name a product and the chances are there's a year on year increase in production. Distribution and storage are the major problems.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have 5 supermarkets at 10 minutes driving distance. The prices are the problem. Lidl and ALDI have the best prices around.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The wife and went shopping yesterday. I was looking for a new sport coat at the local Belk Men’s Store, the selection was low. Both size and quality was lacking.
At the grocery store, I didn’t see any problems other than cost increases on nearly everything. Meat is extremely expensive.

At work, I’m an electrical contractor. We are seeing a shortage of supplies across the board. From breakers to light fixtures, to transformers. Extremely high prices. Eaton has a 13 % increase coming the first of February. Copper cable is at an all time high. I am having a difficult time finding the simple items, like meter bases and residential panels. Everything is much more expensive than a year ago.

It’s difficult to keep our prices both updated and accurate. No one will guarantee pricing more than a week. It makes bid day a nightmare. On the commercial side the time lag between estimating, getting contracts signed, and placing orders can easily be 30 days. It makes it tuffer than ever, to turn a profit on low bid project.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

From a North West British perspective of someone that actually does not go out as much as I used to so only really go the supermarket perhaps once or twice a fortnight.

Well my butt is not particularly posh so I usually buy the budget toilette paper, no difference to the expensive stuff really but it is selling out more and more since others have cottoned onto the idea that my local supermarkets brand of budget toilet paper is not bad at all and are now buying it up, it's half the price of an almost identical premium paper.

Wheat is not the same as it used to be either but this is a decades old problem, we used to use mostly British grown wheat in the UK and it tasted far better than the crap we have bulk shipped in these days from Canada and the US that is no where near as nice as it used to be, there wheat used to be the best in the world but with all that GM and Monsanto crap it tastes like dust and bread's and pastry's these days have no life in them.

Food prices are going up and up and up though since we came out of the EU and with the double whammy of the current gas crisis caused partially by Russia strangling it's supply's to the west (Blame the blood Germans and the Yank's for this as they are all about Ukraine and to be frank we would not be interested in that den of vipers anyway bringing it into our circle is just unleashing Nazi's extremism back into Europe so let the Russkies patriotically deal with them instead) it is the perfect storm of supply and demand, monopolization of a trapped isolated island nations retail sector and bad government in power that can't get there act in order but are led by a pompous clown and act like it and add to that rising gas prices making supply logistics more expensive.

Other than (tongue in cheek this one but still factual) that I never noticed but apparently there is a global shortage of Bananas, we are all eating Plantains instead and are NOT eating or have ever tasted Banana's which apparently due to a disease nearly went extinct back in the 50's or 60's but you know when they say something is Banana flavoured and we think that it tastes nothing like Banana's, well it's actually WE that are wrong it's plantains that taste nothing like a Banana though they are related species and Plantains are almost a Banana.

But generally we are so swamped by products and competing supermarket chains over here we won't notice until it really bites but likely if you ask the buyers of the supermarket chains behind closed doors they will tell you of supply difficulties mounting.
edit on 17-1-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I have 5 supermarkets at 10 minutes driving distance. The prices are the problem. Lidl and ALDI have the best prices around.

I'll second that, Aldi is actually quite good but there quality is no where near as good as when they first came to the UK but you get about one and half to two times the bang for buck as they may say in the US for your money there, Lidl I have little experience with but I believe that most regard Aldi as slightly better.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It's mostly logistics and those have been steadily changing for a while. Is Amazon big in Japan?

A few high street stores in the UK keep stock at depots and collection points these days, things like batteries, HD cables and keyboards, things that move fast. I can order right now and it would be ready to collect in 5 minutes I can imagine a place like Japan loving modern logistics in the marketplace. Maybe this is the reason you're seeing less mouse's and the likes in stores.

Foodstuffs are often distributed on mass so if a warehouse misses one truck a whole region can run out of a product fast, it could also be the case that the producer is having logistical hiccups too. That said there's diversity in online shopping and due to covid there's a lot of consumer fluidity in the choices people are making.

There's no actual shortages of anything food wise name a product and the chances are there's a year on year increase in production. Distribution and storage are the major problems.

I think Amazon is probably big, but there are so many internet stores now that offer free delivery, its hard to tell how much of a market Amazon holds. For music stuff I'll go to Amazon and Sound House. But really so many outlets now competing with each other.

Currently the shortage today is that many long distance truck drivers are out with the flu/covid and up north a lot of snow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join