It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fostech Echo AR 2 trigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As many here know by now, I pulled a boneheaded move that ruined a rather expensive RLL. My daughter suggested I turn it into jewelry. A pre-81 NFA wristwatch or the sort. Cool idea.

I’m looking for a replacement to use in my PDW pistol AR platform (also ruined) I discovered the Fostech Echo trigger. Also did some reading on Franklins BFS III. Both look like reliable mechanisms for controlled pairs, and retains the select fire ability that took specially modified parts to work with a RLL/selective fire

Anyone have experience with these?

My RDIAS is timed to a 20” upper, and I figure since I’ll be carrying this one around I will not be installing anymore $30k machineguns. The RLR is kept in near collectible condition, so I wouldn’t want to use that for a truck gun PDW either.

I’d love to hear recommendations or warnings about the binary triggers or FRT type triggers out there

Two things I al looking for are

1) controlled shots from the unshouldered brace (won’t become an SBR for at least a year)
2) no weird trigger patterns to learn, such as bump firing

A quick note on 2… I understand there will be a time it takes to get use to fire on pull and release.

I also believe these binary triggers could be more useful than drop in conversion devices. Drop in devices, by default, give you two settings…safe and dump your mag in 3 seconds. Not particularly useful although I’ve gotten good at 4-6 round bursts. These seem to give reliable controlled pairs….Exactly what most defense pros suggest. Double taps. Controlled pairs

I am excited to try it out. Ordered one off Fostech earlier this AM. Will let y’all know how it turn out
edit on 1/14/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

My input would be as useful as a screen door on a submarine, sorry.

I live in "no you can't California". Looking toward a "yes you can" any other state currently.

CA isn't worth it anymore.

ETA: I'm excited to hear your review, obviously.

⭐+🇺🇲
edit on 1/14/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I saw your other thread (since 404d). You should prolly consider sending me a photo via PM of the damage. I've got friends who can legally help you ... if help is even a remote possibility (and it usually is as long as the SN is intact).

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I am really sorry to hear that! As someone who owns multiple NFA weapons (including pre-81 mg) I have spent the last few decades hoping the simplicity of operation and mass awareness of how auto works would be enough to show how ridiculous laws like the NFA and especially GCA really are

Sadly I have been mistaken

It is wrong that folks have to spend upwards of $30,000 Dollars to acquire a weapon no more complex than a semi auto

Fortunately, the practicality of automatics is next to useless for all those without squads of soldiers to cover 😊 And yet, I fully support the right of folks to own them whether they need it or not. To me, simply wanting a MG is a good enough reason to go buy or make one. But the law disagrees much to my chagrin

It is worrisome to know state like California are intentionally and arbitrarily denying their own citizens the right to own things perfectly legal elsewhere. Very disappointing!!! CA legislature. CA leads the way on so many things, yet they are stuck in the 20th century for gun control (fun control, really)

Enter binary triggers and force reset triggers!

These things are cool. And may even help further weaken the NFA/GCA by giving burst functionality (or auto, for our fast trigger pullers out there…) outside of expensive NFA toys. I’d have to say, all things considered, these purpose built triggers are definitely more reliable than drop in components like the RLL or RDIAS

At the very least, they give shooters a quick way to place two rounds on a target for the price (OK-time) of one! I will be sure to let you know how the project turns out

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

THANK YOU!

I will take some pictures and get them to you 👍🏻

It would be a real life saver. My girls have been trying to cheer me up, but this one stings

Not even because I am out multiples of tens of thousands of dollars, but because the artificial scarcity ensures there will likely be one less pre-81 MG in circulation 😞

Far from upholding the future of automatic weapons for future generations, I have directly harmed my own cause/goal. We have a gun trust so my daughters can inherit (and use whenever they want) the NFA guns, I just can’t help but feeling like I took something away from them accident or not

Thanks brother
edit on 1/14/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Alrighty, got my hands on the Echo 2 system. And it is all I hoped it would be

Installation was not tricky, but do yourself a favor and strip the old lower first. Before attaching the trigger lock mechanism 😁

Operation was great. I did have a single failure, caused from replacing my H2 buffer with the original captive spring buffer. Once I switched them back, bolt bounce was eliminated and so was the light primer strikes. This was the original problem with my RLL causing light primer strikes before installing the heavy buffer so make sure you have one on hand just in case

Operation was great, the binary mode reliably delivered two closely timed rounds within a single 1” group at 10 yards. Semi auto was unchanged, but the trigger pull and weight feel much better than before

Have not got the BFS 3 yet, but I am hopeful for it too

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BFS3 has arrived! Installing was also a cinch, and it runs flawlessly. Not sure which I like better

My youngest actually likes the binary triggers more than the RLL/RDIAS guns, and there’s a whole lot less at stake if one got lost or stolen.

She is going out West this Spring with her friends for a few weeks, so I got her a level IIIa back pack and built her a real nice SBR with binary trigger to go with her. She already carries a Glock model 26 day to day

join