It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare and fragile fossils found at a secret site in Australia's 'dead heart'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
very nice Miocene findings..interesting epoch.
We visited a nice Miocene exhibition last year..

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ElGoobero

I'd say 16 million to 11 million years ago is pretty ancient.

My arachnophobia tells me that's not long enough to be sure the spider one is really dead!

The rest of me thinks it's a remarkably well preserved example.

Nice find..... (I think?)

I laughed way too hard at this remark!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LetTheColdCome

It doesn’t. Their dating techniques are based on Earth being in constant near equal weather patterns. It could be as far off as millions of years. Those fossils could be from 12,000-15,000 years ago instead of millions. Their theories and calculations are weak at best. Earth could or was hit by a comet 12,000-29,000 years ago. The impact could have changed its tilt on its axis, gave it a wobble, changed its orbit around the sun, burned 20% of the planet, put billions upon billions of soil and carbon into the atmosphere, caused tsunamis and earthquakes that lasted for months, caused volcanoes to erupt, and killed off 99% of life on the planet. Their model doesn’t account for this or if it does they assume that it happened millions of years ago. Why? It’s not as scary to think about a comet hitting millions of years ago than one hitting 12,000 years ago. Even tho all the info they have points to 12,000 years ago. They have found campsites where one of the smaller dinosaurs had been killed and was cooked on a campfire. They have found footprints next to dinosaur prints. Maybe they really do know they just aren’t allowed to tell people when it really happened. Anything scientists tell you or government don’t believe it unless you know how they came to their conclusions and understand the chemistry behind it. A degree in chemistry and biology and mathematics goes a long way in knowing what they tell you is probably true or if it’s a load of Bull# being told by a great bull#ter.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: gortex

Rare fossil found in Australia.

Of course it's a frigging spider.

Australia is the home of massive, nasty spiders, so it makes sense they would have massive spider fossils too.

Insects grow bigger when there is more oxygen, as in dragonflies and "Meganeura" having 28" inch wingspan, we may get bigger spider fossels.....be afraid, very afraid, evil cackle!
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join