It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UGEARS Mechanical Models

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I had no idea these toys/models even existed. But when I was at the mall doing Christmas shopping in December I saw them and grabbed two for my teenage sons. As complex as they appear, these models need no glue, screws, nails, wires, batteries. Just simple patience and gentle finesse. The instructions are very well illustrated and easy to understand.

They are not super fragile, but should be handled with care as they are made completely made of wood and do use rubber bands for tension and energy transfer.

A lovely piece of Ukraine culture and an export i happily add as a creative gift to challenge my kids critical thinking and problem solving with a fun reward. My second has now incorporated the fruits of his labor into the usual Nerf gun foam dart wars. The band's do not even hurt that bad. Kinda gentle.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 1/7/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I love these models and so far I have built 7.
These are a lot of fun and pretty time consuming.
the little airplane one has over 900 parts and took a while but it works.

Am working on a wing flapping dragon right now
ugears.us...
edit on 7-1-2022 by baddmove because: words

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Oh those are wicked. I was interested in the dragon as well, but am probably going to get the motorcycle or big rig truck for myself next.Did you buy yours online or find at a brick and mortar??

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I bought them online right from Ugears shop.

top topics

join