It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sick cat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My cat also looked as if it was having a seziure when he couldnt breath. He was drooling and convulsing and eventually scrapped and puked at the same time on the way to the vet. I thought he was gonna die on the spot but draining his lungs cavity gave him almost a full years longer to live. I was not particularly thrilled with the emergency vets we had to take him to the first time. They'd actually seemed more interested in doing a much as they could to rack up my bill. After that we started taking him to a proper vet and she was much better did a lot more to inform us and never ran tests unnecessarily or tried to conflate things for a buck. If it were me I'd look for a second opinion once the cat is stable enough to transport.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
decent website about cat seizures etc

www.hillspet.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sounds like poisoning.
Be sure to check house for weird plants.
There are a few that cause those symptoms.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToddB
If the vet thinks it is coronavirus, find a new vet.
The cat most likely ate something, maybe a D-Con filled mouse or drank some deliciously sweet anti-freeze.
Coronavirus is bullsh*t.

The vet is not saying the cat has Covid-19.

The term "coronavirus" is a classification, that has been around a long time (before Covid), for a large family of viruses. There are several ones that fall under feline coronavirises. They are not talking about Covid-19.

The term coronavirus was not coined for covid-19.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just heard about an hour ago that he started responding to treatment, is coming out of the trance like state and beginning to behave more like a cat again. No seizures in several hours now and they are once again optimistic he is going to make it

What a great outcome it is turning out to be!

It doesn’t help figure out the cause unfortunately, antibiotics, anti viral and I think charcoal have all been given. Something is working though!

I really want to thank everyone who replied
As always the people of ATS know what is going on 👍🏻

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for sharing that! Will be helpful especially if any sort of recurring issues pop up

So far he is looking good, started responding to the treatment about an hour after telling the family to prepare themselves for his impending death. I won’t call it miraculous but it is a far better outcome than I had started to expect

Home wouldn’t be the same without this friendly ball of stripes who likes to come around here

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I am really happy to hear they got your distinguished gentleman straightened out!! 😁

These infections are worrisome, they seem to come on quick and cats are notorious for their pride. It takes a lot before they let you know something is wrong or hurting them

Another great outcome 👍🏻👍🏻

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
spam
edit on 3-1-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oct0berRose

originally posted by: ToddB
If the vet thinks it is coronavirus, find a new vet.
The cat most likely ate something, maybe a D-Con filled mouse or drank some deliciously sweet anti-freeze.
Coronavirus is bullsh*t.

The vet is not saying the cat has Covid-19.

The term "coronavirus" is a classification, that has been around a long time (before Covid), for a large family of viruses. There are several ones that fall under feline coronavirises. They are not talking about Covid-19.

The term coronavirus was not coined for covid-19.

Where, in the actual **** quote, did I use the term "Covid-19"?
Where?
You posted my quote, so you can't comprehend the printed word?
Nowhere in my reply did I use those letters grouped in that manner, to convey that idea.
I am also guilty of reading too fast and assuming words and phrases that aren't there, but do not go about correcting others' non-mistakes.
Chill out.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
After several days and $4000 later, he has been diagnosed with epilepsy

Epilepsy meds have totally stopped the seizures and drooling, and he is eating/playing like normal again

He is spending a few days with Uncle Jack since their other cats/dogs and kids make their house hectic. I will see if I can figure out how to get a picture from my cell to the Web 👍🏻👍🏻

I appreciate everyone’s information and knowledge

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Here he is being a sweet little fella. Still a little sleepy from the whole ordeal, but resting well and enjoying life

And let me tell you... this guy is a real chatter box. Purring, chirping and making little squeaks. This is his bed when he is not on my lap. My cats love him I told the neighbors they aren't getting him back!!!

One of the girls convinced him he likes scarves too...

edit on 1/6/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Didn't take long! One of mine has officially adopted him

top topics

<< 1   >>

join