It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Halo Infinite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anybody playing the new Halo?

Just playing it at my pals and im not one for multi-player fps affairs but so far i have to say this game rocks.

The campaign is not even that bad, and the controls are just about spot on, it glides on par with the likes of Golden Eye.

Think i might buy it when i get down the road.

Just wondering as to your thoughts and opinions.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I uninstalled it. It was like Unreal Tournament without the badass dodge jumps.

edit on 112022 by Wide-Eyes because: Double word somehow. Text dodge jump.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I'm quite liking the movement mechanics.

Some problems with draw distance is about the only quirk putting me off so far, well that and the somewhat repetitive environments.

But all in all im thinking its rather good for a return to the Halo franchise.
edit on 1-1-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As a lifelong Halo fanboy (beginning in 2001), I’m enjoying it so far. The multiplayer is pretty fun, but I’ve always been more involved the with campaign/lore; I’ve read almost all the books haha. The story left me wanting more, but unfortunately that’s the way games work nowadays.

They’ll release 1/3 of the game for the initial launch, and then release the other 2/3 periodically over the next year or more as DLC. Gone are the days of spending $50 and getting 100% of the game. Developers can make $200 or more from one player (when considering micro transactions within the game store and obviously depending on how much said player wants to spend) over the course of the games life now. Halo is also known for releasing ‘unfinished’ games and then correcting/adding on the fly.

But, as I said, the game is a lot of fun. The campaign was decent, and the multiplayer is well balanced. They will never have another classic like Halo: Combat Evolved though. That game will forever be god-tier.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I have game pass and saw it on there. To be honest every review I’ve heard so far is that it’s great.
People are even saying if you pay the $80 for the campaign it’s actually worth it, for once.
We don’t see that too often anymore in AAA games.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You can get it from CDkeys.com for £37.99(about $52).

Never went wrong with a code from there.

Good single player campaign is always a must for me.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like it.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I am enjoying it (or should i say enjoyed it) completed the campaign on my halo edition xbox series x (the game came free) but it is also on gamepass alongside the fantastic forza horizon 5

i like the addition of the grappling hook, but changing between grenades and powers (shield, grapple, motion sensor etc) is a bit of a pain

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I agree, with the two clicks to the dpad nonsense for shield, grapple, motion sensor powers.

What's the sequence to swap grenades?

And im liking the grapplehook to.

I like Forza 5 myself but pretty as she is, its kind of a rinse and repeat of 3 and 4.
edit on 1-1-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

same as for grenades except push Dpad left first then either up/down/right

I love the FH games and played the hell out of all of them so far, only just putting down FH4 days before 5 came out so I have a little fatigue myself but they just play so well

feel free to add me on xbox live, i dont play many MP but if we ever get banned from ATS at least i can still access your wit

I have just purchased disco elysium as its currently on sale and meant to be a great game

oO JT Fever Oo
edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago101202161 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I like it. Very casual player though. Just playing campaign by myself. Controls and feedback are excellent. I don't like overly complicated controls. Grappling hook and semi-open world play is cool though.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ummm...I played the whole game on legendary...

For a game called infinite...it was short...and the playable map no larger than other Halo versions...

For Christos sake...there's a whole ring there...and all they give you are smallish island sized chunks as the playable area...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

No offense, but that game was the biggest pile of trash I have picked up in a while. I didnt get it for Campaign, I only cared about online, and it was horrible.

Metroid Dread is not trash though. Much better game. Even PubG and Battlefield 5 beat the new Halo IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Im thinking with the size of the ring its going to be about releasing DLC.

Like another poster suggested chances are they don't release 100% of the game all in one.

Its all about the ££££ $$$$ at the end of the day.

Still liking this version of Halo all the same.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

No offence taken, after all i did ask for opinions.

I'm liking the new Metroid myself.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I’m in Canada, so the exchange makes a $60 USD game like $90 cad.

Plus I’m on console, so sorta limited with what I can buy

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thats a bit steep Macenroe82.

They like to get there pound of flesh dont they.

top topics

join