It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Another Cat Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Some pics of my two cats when they were first born in this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The two kids liked me then but once they got fixed I was barely able to pet them at all. So for years they have avoided me. Since Mom has passed the house has been largely empty as I only use the kitchen to cook and my bedroom. This has given them free run of the rest and they have been spending much more time in the house and I can even pet them at times. The boy is easier especially when he's asleep on the couch. The girl, she's getting there but still tends to bolt when I come around.

They are the last of the cats that were around back in that first thread so that's nice as they don't have to piss all over the house to mark their territory. That was a thing back then with seven cats. They aren't pissing all over but the vomit needs to stop.

I'm not sure if I have two cats or three. My neighbors cat has been spending a lot of time here and he's so friendly. He likes to come into my room, the only one who will come down the hall. I keep my bad foot on a pillow instead of in a shoe when I'm back here and he likes to lay on the pillow and lay on my foot or lay on my bed. He's the only one who actively seeks out attention at all times he's here and not sleeping.

I've got these cloth couch coverings that I didn't need to wash for a couple months after Mom passed. Now they come in and spend loads of time sleeping on the couch and I have to wash it every couple of weeks now as the cat hairs make it a place you can't sit unless you want to get hair all over your bum.

Anyway, fun times with the kitties. I like having them around as I live alone and they give me something to talk to. My voice tends to get really raspy if I don't use it and they help me keep my vocal chords working.

ETA before the ETA.... I started this a couple weeks ago and never posted it. Laziness, I suppose.

The boys are really hanging with me. They like to come into my room in the back of the house and lay on my foot. I feel guilty making them move when I need to get up, it's so sweet of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's adorable that they lay on your hurt foot. Mine seem to have that sense as well and can be very healing.

I've been saying for awhile now that what the world needs more of these days is cute cat memes. And threads too!

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I love cats.
I have 2 domestic cats that are fixed.11 years old each.
Rocky, the male, used to be as sleek and muscular as a panther.
He got fixed when he was 3 years old because he started spraying out on stuff.
Then he gained weight and is now more akin to jab a the hut.

His sister, Adrienne, got fixed 6 years back. Then she got cancer and had to have a full on clean out lol.
Nothing but a cavernous maw now haha.

My Serval/Savannah’s cat, just recently started spraying on things. He’s two year old.
I got him some more tunnels for Christmas- he loves playing tunnels.
And to celebrate getting them, he peed all over them.
Luckily they are contained to his bedroom - he’s not allowed to roam the house.
He destroys everything he can just for the fun of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

They don't care about my foot being bad, they just want to get close. Awwwwww.

a reply to: Macenroe82

Who needs tunnels? Paper bags do quite well and are somewhat cheap. They are easy to please.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We have our two younger boys and the old lady.

Peeps is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-years-old and fat enough she looks more like a bolster pillow. She just sort of hangs out around where we are. We have a couple boxes between our computer towers on a low shelf and she jams her pudgy self down into one of those and is quite pleased with life, the universe, and everything.

DC is the one my mom rescued as a barely 3-week-old abandoned kitten dehydrating in the September sun. We had to bottle feed him for a few weeks until we could wean him onto proper food. Today, he's a long-haired, jet black, 15 pound monster. He's solid but not fat. He's also fairly large and in charge. He's the type that will attack the hand-held vacuum - that kind of attitude about things. Right now, he's sprawled full length on our bed, and that's the only place where he's going to get cuddly with you (unless he wants food). The rest of the time he'll play with you, but he's not a lap cat and he doesn't really like being petted a whole lot. He does like being where you are and into what you're doing though.

Shazam's a tabby-tux and the cuddle bug. He loves attention. He's also the slender, athletic one. He's smaller than DC but leaner and rangier. He still has his "girlish waistline". Shazam is the one who loves to fetch! He'll sometimes spend an entire afternoon doing it if you indulge him. He only fetches NERF rival balls and only if you throw them off the kitchen door, ricocheting them off the wall and then down the basement steps. He is very, very good at bringing that ball straight back to you. Sometimes, he even drops it right on your foot. But if you don't throw it right, he'll sit there giving you reproachful, sad looks until you do. He gets all tense and excited like a dog when you say the word, "Ball!"

The boys are about 2 1/2. We've had no issues with them marking. But in general we find that fixed males are better in groups of two or three than females.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

At Christmas time, - last week, I had the pleasure of wrapping the kids presents in the cat room.
He would sit in front of the plastic bags just licking them.
At first I thought it was cute so I let him.
Then it became this obsession, fighting to lick the bag.
The next morning I cleaned up 4 paper towels worth of cat puke.
And usually I don’t mind normal cat puke.
But he eats raw rabbit.
So there’s tufts of hair and bones in it lol
edit on 30-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
2 strays adopted us a few years ago.. wouldn't let me near them, unless food was involved, LOL

Long story short, years later, 5 left from the litters, all fixed, all a bit retarded, and like their grandcats, won't come near unless food is involved..

Fat cat (for obvious feasons lol), precious (ironic, he looks like a black greebo, bits of ear missing from being a hooligan and that 'try it buddy' look in his face), biff (so timid, just stares at you with his cute face till he feels it safe to come out and eat), little one (I swear I thought we only had 4 cats, he's just like biff) and baby.. her eyes are death emeralds. You feel your soul being sucked out as she stares at you.. funny, she's so small, jet black, but has the deepest meow of them all..

They're all experts at jumping between your feet, scattering away at 2am in the dark, scaring the bejesus out of you as you warily try to make to the loo..haha

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We have a 10 yr old wiener dog , a 5 yr old husky , a 6 yr old indoor cat and a outdoor cat that’s about 1 yr old. They are no doubt all part of the family .The wiener dog is the boss!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Cats are like toddlers, keep the present. Just give them the wrapper and box.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

My cats don't leave toys underfoot that almost killed me yesterday. They are above such things as toys, there's too many hours in the day to sleep.

I so dislike kids. I like my cats, even with all the idiot tendencies.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Enduro

An old friend I haven't seen nor heard from in almost thirty years got in touch with me and wow what a way to start the new year. Anyway, he's got a dach and I told him to do this for Helloween:

He and wifey go as catsup and mustard with the dach in a hot dog bun costume, gotta be real clever to beat that one. At least I think it's real clever, he declined. Guess he doesn't have the sense of whimsy I have.

Still, thirty years, wild for this to happen especially with all the death and destruction around my life that last year brought. No joke, it's been pretty horrible and funny how none of it has to do with the dreaded covid. Whatever, the crap happened and for this year to start with a really good person from long ago reappearing, I'll take it.

Life is all about the little victories.

So this is technically a cat thread and I went out to the front room last night and had all three of the little buggers laying on the couch. With only two hands it was real hard to give them all attention but I did my best and they seemed content.

My neighbors cat really does seem to spend more time here than anywhere else. As much time sleeping here he does there's not many hours left in the day so I guess by default, he's at least half mine. My neighbor can pay the vet bills, though. He's a bit scrappy, sometimes tend to bite me when I'm petting him, had a cut ear the other day and recently had a bad paw nail problem that had to be ripped out. He's such a lover and he's really getting comfortable on my foot but it's just because there's a pillow there and he doesn't have to lay on the concrete floor.

My cats seem to be wimps, I don't know how they exist out there.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Someone is crapping in my house and I want to think it's a dog that's sneaking in but it just can't be. I'm going to have to kick all these damn cats out as I can't take spit all over the house.

This really sucks. I love those little buggers but I can't take crap all over the house. I've been thorough this with cats long gone who pissed all over the house, all over the counters and such. I ain't going through this again. I have no idea what's going to happen to the cats but that's not my worry anymore, I simply cannot take this.

top topics

join