It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flooding, Dam Breaks in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

The death toll from floods hammering northeast Brazil rose to 20 on Monday, as the governor of Bahia state declared it the worst disaster in the state's history and rescuers braced for more rain in the coming days.

Much of Bahia, home to about 15 million people, has suffered from intermittent flooding for weeks, after a long drought gave way to record rains. Flooding in some areas intensified late on Christmas Eve and early on Christmas Day after a pair of dams gave way, sending residents scrambling for higher ground.

very sad
not making much noise in USA press of course.

good that the drought is over but too much (rain) is too much

anyone with contacts / experience there?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

One more thing that will be (unjustifiably) blamed on Global Warming.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think I need to look into boosting my coffee stocks a bit....I am not talking about the stock market. I am guessing the price will start to swing up pretty quick again.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I'd say the timing was bad, but when is a flood not bad timing.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think I need to look into boosting my coffee stocks a bit....I am not talking about the stock market. I am guessing the price will start to swing up pretty quick again.

Not sure how it is in the States, but Vietnam coffee is big here. I even think McDonald's coffee is from Vietnam.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Brazil is not the only place that grows good coffee. the Philippines for example grows some great coffee. i believe eve Hawaii grows coffee. and lots of other places. the fact places like the US and Canada seem to rely only on one country for most of their coffee is the problem.

new topics

top topics

join