It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me the bacon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I remember about 10 years ago I was living in a sublet, and had 40$ a week I could afford on food and travel. I’d buy bacon for 2.99 a lb, peanut butter for 1.25, bananas for about .50 and a loaf of bread for .89 at the cheap local grocery. Now bacon costs 7.99 for the worst pack of irregular bits and normal bacon is starting at 8.99 for a lb!!! The cost of meat is noticeably growing... what’s a red blooded American to do? For Xmas Eve my family would traditionally do bacon wrapped scallops and mushrooms as an indulgent treat. I’ve had to forgo this year as these ingredients are simply too expensive! Crackers pepperoni and cheese wiz will have to do for those of us who can’t spend more as bidens economy has left us with out. Good thing we aren’t hosting this year with covid (can’t possibly risk causing a super spreader event) so we don’t have to worry about the lower quality eats! Let’s go Brandon!
edit on 24-12-2021 by Skepticape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I bought bacon today for $3.24 for irregular cut, and neatly sliced for $4.24. Bananas are 45 cents a pound. I'm in Missouri.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

And many are saying it will just get worse or more expensive. This may be the trigger that starts real change, I dunno but people who can not eat usually get pissed IMO.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I bought bacon today for $3.24 for irregular cut, and neatly sliced for $4.24. Bananas are 45 cents a pound. I'm in Missouri.
I’m in NY state. I fled NYC partially because of the cost of living and its quickly catching up.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

Ah, gotcha.

We're seeing some inflation here, for sure, but nothing ridiculous yet. Gas is $2.75 a gallon today, and food has gone up just a little bit.
edit on 24-12-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I’m in NY state. I fled NYC partially because of the cost of living and its quickly catching up.

Only figures...we in upstate pay for the darn city

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Gas is $2.75 here in rural SC, the price of bacon is about $7.00 a pound. Having a hard time finding pig bones as well so I can make broth. I know there was a bit of a shortage at one point, could be leftover from that as I recall bacon being above $6 a pound since the start of the pandemic.

Edit: I can get locally sourced chicken for about $1.50 a pound with the exception of wings, which are almost $4 a pound. I know when I was living in Charlotte the cheapest I could find decent chicken was $4-5 a pound.
edit on 12/24/21 by Hypntick because: additional info

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Chitterlings were hit hard this year, couldn't find them anywhere. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, what's with the price of ox tails? Nearly twelve dollars a pound now!

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maine.
Corn gas starts around 3.50, bacon starts at $9 a pound. The good local stuff is more like $15.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Perhaps all the industries are seeing the results of the toilet paper panic of 2020, and they want the bacon bust of 2022.

Not to mention I think there is a serious push to regulate meat products out of the market thus the push of impossible meat products.

new topics

top topics

join