It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the draft comes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

listen to the words of this song

war does nothing but hurt everyone involved, sometimes more on the inside than the visible injuries

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I generally think that the draft is used more for culling than brainwashing. War is hell, being drafted in Vietnam lead to a lot more anti-establishment sentiment than pro.

A problem occurs sometimes where a society has too many unattached young males. I say this as a young male, not trying to disparage the sex, but to identify a real scenario.

When there are large populations of young men that feel like they have no purpose, they will try to find one which can lead to subscribing to violent ideologies. I believe this is a significant factor in various middle eastern terror movements.

You could see this clearly in the aftermath of the botched Afghanistan pull-out. The Taliban that was left was riding bumper cars and posting memes on twitter, these are essentially the "neck-beards" that everyone is aware of in western society, but in a vastly different set of circumstances.

My fear of the draft comes from the US' desire to reduce our population of potential revolutionaries. A concerted effort by cultural institutions to remove meaning from life in favor of cheap easy thrills leads to a large group of people frustrated (consciously or unconsciously) by the lack of meaning in their lives.

China's skew male as a result of the one child policies has left them with a similar problem, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that the US and China would seek to boost their economies and reduce problematic population through a mutual war with drafting.

Just my two cents. I had a similar worry when it looked like Hillary would get in and enforce strict no-fly zones to fan the flames of war with Russia. But given that I am in fact a young man, I try to take my own opinions with a grain of salt as I just haven't been around that long.

edit on 10-1-2022 by EventideExpanse because: Typo and clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EventideExpanse

The soldiers that made it home from Vietnam felt disillusioned.

These guys will be marching lockstep towards globalism,having conquered white rage first, with their hair dyed to match the color of their berets.

There needs to be a barrier between this government and its people, a position for which your military will be groomed.

It also fits in with the depopulation agenda.

You don't sound young at all, by the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join