It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 is over.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Disease is defined by symptoms. If symptoms changed, then you cannot say it is the same disease. Ergo, it cannot be called COVID-19. Omicron has same symptoms as common cold, so it cannot be COVID-19.

edit on 18-12-2021 by Jeremyhuex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremyhuex
It's been over for a few months in my neck of the woods. No masks being worn, only 58% of the state vaccinated, no social distancing, no covid conversations. The only time I see masks are at doctors appointments. I did watch this video and hope that everyone else will. I heard someone on t.v. calling it the coldvid virus lol!

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

To believe that a "disease is defined by symptoms" is like saying a person's name should be changed by the clothes they wear.

It's ridiculous.

Viral and bacterial-caused diseases are defined by the genetic make-up of the virus or bacteria causing the symptoms.

Horse - Cart, rather than cart - horse.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Not true. If I say smallpox symptom is runny nose and that's it, you cannot say it is caused by smallpox virus. You cannot redefine symptom of a disease.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And many symptoms, can be ascertained many ways.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
what are you talking about, covid has and is known for always having cold symptoms LOL a reply to: Jeremyhuex

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm with you. If chicken pox disease mutates and has an off spring that does not cause the blisters or neurological issues, it's not chicken pox anymore.

You would have say
Varicella zoster virus (chicken pox)
VS
Varicella zoster virus (shingles)

And if it mutated further to be less damaging it would be renamed and classed again.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There are over 200 different common cold viruses, with the main one being rhinovirus. at least 99 sub-types of rhinovirus have been identified.
All the mutated versions of the corona virus are still Covid19.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

To believe that a "disease is defined by symptoms" is like saying a person's name should be changed by the clothes they wear.

It's ridiculous.

Viral and bacterial-caused diseases are defined by the genetic make-up of the virus or bacteria causing the symptoms.

Horse - Cart, rather than cart - horse.

Well I wouldn't want to go to a doctor with symptoms of arthritis and walk away with a prescription for insulin. I get what you are saying is accurate in a lab setting, but in the practical world, doctors need to define disease by symptoms otherwise we don't have workable solutions.

That's the huge problem with the covid nonsense is that it is blown out of proportion by testing those with mild and asymptomatic cases. It's a cold for most people and should be defined as such.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nope, wrong, from the get go, it's been a respiratory illness.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

covid just stands for coronavirus disease. Some common colds are also caused by coronaviruses and thus cause covid. covid19 just means that it is specific to sars2.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Why do many different diseases and conditions share the same symptoms?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Why do many different diseases and conditions share the same symptoms?

Are you being sarcastic ?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

covid just stands for coronavirus disease. Some common colds are also caused by coronaviruses and thus cause covid. covid19 just means that it is specific to sars2.

Yes Yes Yes exactly .

And I wonder how many people think that Sars-Cov19 is the first corona virus we have encountered ? We have been living with Corona Viruses since forever and always.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I think what the OP meant to argue was that omicron shouldn't be called sars-cov-2, as it seems to have lost much of the severe acuteness. 

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I personally would name it a variant of MARS mild acute respiratory syndrome. BTW, SARS 2 the original variant was quite different from SARS genetically. It was far closer related to bat coronaviruses RTG something. It was only at China's insistence nCoV-19 was renamed SARS 2 because China wanted to panic the world for their own agenda.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The omni variant is not producing covid 19 much so far. Covid 19 is when the immune system reacts improperly to the virus, it is a SARS-CoV2 viral infection if there is not an improper immune response to the virus, I do not know why they are saying people who test positive for the virus have covid 19, The wife and I both had the virus, and did not have an improper response, so we did not have covid 19.

Most of the deaths they tacked covid 19 onto had no more to do with the virus than if the person got any disease like the flu or even a common cold with their health condition or lack of immunity because of multiple reasons. You do not blame pneumonia on the cold that weakened their inadequate immune system. If a person has kidney disease or is taking immune system blockers for some condition they have, they can die from a cold causing a secondary infection from killing them. We have a real lot of baby boomers out there in their seventies and eighties and any disease like this virus or any virus is going to increase their chance of hospitalization or dying. If it wasn't SARS-CoV2, it would be the flu, pneumonia, a cold, or multiple other infections that would knock them out.

Protecting our seniors is a good idea, but no matter what, there is only so much we can do. I would never want to be stuck in a hospital without anyone being able to come in and see me if I was going to possibly die, that would be torture to me. We live, we work and pay taxes and we die. Our kids will be paying way more taxes and higher prices because some people want to make money keeping us seniors alive so we can spend the rest of our money we saved in a nursing home instead of leaving anything to our kids.

If I get really sick, I probably will not go to the hospital because of this, I would rather die at home than go in a hospital surrounded by people I do not know. Sure, if I cut myself or break a leg, I will go in to get fixed up, if I need an operation for something I will go in unless there is not much hope of survival, I am taking steps to lessen our risk of cancer and heart problems in our house by keeping our metabolism and immune system in shape with diet. Will I ever get cancer? Who knows, I never expected to grow a caratinoid claw or horn on my back, but I did...had to go to the doctor to get that removed. I survived, it was an inconvenience, one that is not uncommon.

Doctors are essential in our society, but in the past decades I see that people are going to them too much, there is no place that is more full of sick people spreading diseases than the waiting room of a doctor office.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So if a friend or someone you know succumbs to AIDS, what do you believe happened there?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Democrats want an excuse for maintaining the pandemic economy.
Government spending. High inflation.
And healthcare expanding until it is 100 percent of the economy and controls the political discourse

Because it is their turn
edit on 18-12-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Nobody redefined symptom of AIDS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join