It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran targets empty desert in Israel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I sort of took it as a given that anyone who read the article and more importantly has even a modicum of understanding of the situation would understand why desert areas in Israel would be 'targeted'.

Since most of the rest of your post is just pro-Iranian propaganda with bits of truth sprinkled in and full of so many holes it would take a new thread to address it all, I'm gonna focus on this.

If it's such common knowledge what they're targeting out there, perhaps you can post on-topic and enlighten us.
edit on 18 12 21 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What makes you think I’m unarmed?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: face23785

It seems the Jerusalem Post is a bit childish if it wants us to believe there is nothing of interest in the Negev Desert. Apart from Dimona Nuclear Facility, and the associated research labs scattered over the area, there are three main defense facilities quite southwards deep in the desert. They are not that secret.

On the other hand, ignoring the capabilities of the Iranians may relieve the average people, but certainly Iran is a serious threat, want it or not. There are no invincible armies anymore.

Iran doesn't actually need to fight Israel on a military-military basis. It's primary defense is the threat of a scorched earth attack.

If Israel or the US were to move on Iran, Iran has about a gazillion missiles filled with nerve gas or other chemical or biological weapons that it could use to overwhelm Israeli air defenses and turn it's cities into something out of a Mad Max movie.

Iran has no intention on attacking first, it's going to wait until it's attacked and then respond, then claim that it was the victim of American and Israeli aggression.

China has a similar plan. Never attack first, possibly even put up no attempt to defend itself if it is attacked. Then once the world's attention is on the US, strike back.

Wait until they've punched you in the nose, then kick them in the crotch.

Correct, China never attacks first....

except when it comes to

... hacking.

...currency manipulation

...curtailing of freedoms in Hong Kong

....debt trap diplomacy

Have to hand it to you guys; you have perfected the strategy of economic warfare.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Since most of the rest of your post is just pro-Iranian propaganda......

Absolute bollocks.

I take it you conveniently ignored the parts where I clearly said I don't condone Iranian actions and policies?

....with bits of truth sprinkled in....

Well thank you; out of curiosity, which bits?

..... and full of so many holes it would take a new thread to address it all,

Please, please do.

I'm gonna focus on this.

If it's such common knowledge what they're targeting out there, perhaps you can post on-topic and enlighten us.

Isn't it reasonable to think that if Iran has some sort of plan to launch any sort of attack on Israel - which I don't doubt for one minute - they would include places where they think/know Israel has constructed military/intelligence/security etc bases be they underground, secret or just heavily guarded etc?

I'd be amazed if Israel hasn't got similar plans for a theorised attack on Iran....including their secret bases.

I genuinely don't see why that is such a contentious issue for you?
edit on 18/12/21 by Freeborn because: Fix quote and typo's

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Being honest and realistic about it the Iran's have probably got pretty good at espionager, it was all Mossad like back in the day with the Arabians yet those two tribes have pretty much made peace right now thanks to the most amazing peace effort by the amazing (in the eyes of future historians ) X president Donald Trump who has bropught peace in our time

While the Iranians are a totally different bunch. Soz not the people............ Just the ruling bodys namely the Moolahs and the Irtan Revolutionary GHuards

What I will say is Go-d is watyching these events and very time we see those mothersipd in the sky they are watching a cave man

sh*t show and probaly evaluating what this primituve species on the experiemt called Planetb Earth are capable of doing to themselves

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well a shot gun isnt realy made for distance is it?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I take it you conveniently ignored the parts where I clearly said I don't condone Iranian actions and policies?

No, I saw that. It just doesn't jive when the rest of what you post is precisely what Iranian state media (propaganda) would say about the matter.

Isn't it reasonable to think that if Iran has some sort of plan to launch any sort of attack on Israel - which I don't doubt for one minute - they would include places where they think/know Israel has constructed military/intelligence/security etc bases be they underground, secret or just heavily guarded etc?

I'd be amazed if Israel hasn't got similar plans for a theorised attack on Iran....including their secret bases.

That's certainly a possibility. I theorized along those same lines in the OP.

I genuinely don't see why that is such a contentious issue for you?

Probably because this:

I sort of took it as a given that anyone who read the article and more importantly has even a modicum of understanding of the situation would understand why desert areas in Israel would be 'targeted'.

makes it sound like you knew for sure and anyone who follows this should know, and that anyone like me who asked this question is missing something obvious. That doesn't appear to be the case though, since your answer was pure speculation.

It's fine to speculate, that was the entire point of the thread, I was asking people what they thought the reasoning was behind Iran targeting that area. You just gave me your theory. I appreciate your contribution, although I don't see why you had to pretend you knew what it was and that any of us who had questions were missing something obvious.

Now, if you're okay with staying on topic, it'd be fun to discuss the possibility that there may be some underground bases there. I considered that, as noted, in the OP. One of the problems I came up with was that, to my knowledge, Iran's cruise missiles aren't capable of doing any serious damage to an underground base. That makes me think in a massive Iranian retaliatory strike, it would be kind of a waste of time/money/equipment to attack them when I'm sure there are better targets. Perhaps their goal is simply to destroy the entrances, making the facilities unusable until Israel is able to clear the entrance again? What's your thoughts on that?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Being honest and realistic about it the Iran's have probably got pretty good at espionager, it was all Mossad like back in the day with the Arabians yet those two tribes have pretty much made peace right now thanks to the most amazing peace effort by the amazing (in the eyes of future historians ) X president Donald Trump who has bropught peace in our time

I think this is getting ahead of ourselves a bit.

Personally, I do think the Abraham Accords were a huge achievement, probably worthy of a Nobel Prize (not necessarily for Trump, probably for the people involved in actually negotiating it.) And I agree Trump will be seen more favorably by future historians.

However, it's a stretch to say it has brought about "peace in our time." It is a huge step in that direction, but the biggest problem parties in the region, the Palestinians and the Iranians (along with their proxies), are ignoring it. Surrounding them with peace and cooperation is a great way to isolate them, and perhaps in the future it will lead to progress with them, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also feel it's a problem that Saudi Arabia hasn't joined it yet, although I think they will. I would say that's a matter of years away though, not months. I hope I'm wrong.

It's nice to see so many Arab and Muslim nations joining us in the 21st century and making peace with Israel. I hope Iran and the Palestinians join us someday.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No, I saw that. It just doesn't jive when the rest of what you post is precisely what Iranian state media (propaganda) would say about the matter

So all the evidence and financial trails leading back to Saudi Arabia funding extremist Mosques, training camps and terrorist cells are Iranian propaganda?
The fact that the Saud Royal Family only rules thanks to the agreement they have with the Wahhabi's is a lie made up by the Iranians?
Saudi Arabia doesn't try to bully and intimidate other Arab nations, another example of Iranian propaganda?

Its also true that Saudi Arabia is at least as authoritarian as Iran:
Iran Democracy Index = 152
Saudi Arabia Democracy Index = 156
en.wikipedia.org...

I could go on but I hope you get the point.

The bits I posted about internal politics etc in Iran most definitely isn't Iranian propaganda.

Israel is a very security conscious nation....personally I'd have thought it was pretty reasonable, dare I say obvious, to believe that they have secret bases somewhere in places like the Negev desert.
Thus it follows that Iran would have plans to bomb places where they thought/believed these bases are.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Israel didn't have plans to bomb remote areas of Iran where they think/believe Iran has secret bases.
Don't you?
edit on 19/12/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Desert pins are most likely IDF facilities/bases.

This whole thing seems comical. Iran know that they cannot attack Israel without wiping themselves out in the process!

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm absolutely not saying that no one in SA funds terrorism or that SA is a free, democratic nation. Nice try though. I did say there were parts of what you said that were true. But the point is your whataboutism is distracting from the purpose of the thread. Start your own thread defending Iran because "other people are bad too." Replying to every part of your posts and identifying what's right and what's wrong would just further derail the thread, which at this point seems to be your sole purpose here. I'm sure Iran appreciates your efforts.

On topic, no I wouldn't say it's obvious that there are secret bases in the targeted regions in the Negev Desert. It's hard to say something is obvious when there's no real evidence of it besides "well, it would make sense if there were." As I said, that was pure speculation on your part (and mine.)

It is an interesting question and possibility that I tried to engage you in meaningful conversation on here:

originally posted by: face23785

Now, if you're okay with staying on topic, it'd be fun to discuss the possibility that there may be some underground bases there. I considered that, as noted, in the OP. One of the problems I came up with was that, to my knowledge, Iran's cruise missiles aren't capable of doing any serious damage to an underground base. That makes me think in a massive Iranian retaliatory strike, it would be kind of a waste of time/money/equipment to attack them when I'm sure there are better targets. Perhaps their goal is simply to destroy the entrances, making the facilities unusable until Israel is able to clear the entrance again? What's your thoughts on that?

But you didn't even really reply to that, you just repeated your earlier baseless claims that it's obvious and well-known. You literally took the thread backwards. You don't seem to want to discuss the things we seem to agree on, you spend 90% of your replies trying to argue about things that aren't really relevant here, which is why I think your only interest here is derailing the thread. So which of us is really stuck on contentious? I've tried to move you on to less contentious matters (the subject of the thread) three times now.

One last time, I will attempt to steer you towards actual discussion of the topic. You could start by replying to the above quote from my previous reply. You are of course free to post whatever you want, including continuing your whataboutism, but if you can't bring yourself to stick to the topic, I'm just gonna consider you a troll and ignore you.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Desert pins are most likely IDF facilities/bases.

I think some of them are possibly that as well. Do you have any real indication that's what they are though? And what do you think about the potential of Iran's missiles to have much affect on any potential underground bases in the area?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Almost every single reply and post has been of a 'Iran will get wiped out, 'Iran is a danger' nature.
I was giving some balance.

You chose to get yourself all wound up over my post which you described as 'Iranian propaganda' - it isn't, its an attempt at giving at lease some semblance of balance and counterpoint.

Many other posters have gone off topic.

We all know Israel takes its defence and security seriously.
It is widely accepted that they have nuclear, chemical and biological weapons - that's not a criticism.

Many countries have drawn up specific plans in the event they choose/have to attack other nations.
Especially countries at odds with each other.
I don't think that's a major revelation.
Nor do I think it would come as a surprise to most that part of these plans would be to attack places where they believed their 'enemy' had secret bases etc.

That's why I sort of thought it was a given that was why Iran pinpointed these places.
As I'm sure Israel has done likewise in Iran.

Mountain - Molehill springs to mind.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Many other posters have gone off topic.

Yes and you're not the only person I've complained about going off-topic. For the most part you're the only one still replying, so of course I'm talking about you now. But you weren't singled out or persecuted. I get being a victim is some form of currency these days but you're not one.

So you have again failed to reply to my attempts to engage you on the topic. You are just trolling. Mountain-molehill is when you're intellectually incapable of restraining your urge to reply to every single thing I say about your unrelated side topic, even when implored to do so multiple times and being asked specific questions to try to further the main topic. I get it, if you don't reply to everything I say, you may feel like you "lost" or something and your ego will be hurt, but Jeez enough already. Get the last word in so you can sleep tonight, I'm done feeding the troll today.
edit on 19 12 21 by face23785 because: typos

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well a shot gun isnt realy made for distance is it?

My US police model Remington .308 pump is.

On the deer and other animals that is. Never would I consider turning my hunting tools on a person.
edit on 20122021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Iran can try to inflict a little damage, but it will only result in their own complete and total demolition

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ok a new angle on empty desert targets. Been thinking about it today and there are loads of training zones around Bersheba. Tanks literally taking off and flying through the air training around there, loads of them too. That a natural target for Iran and the Gazan too

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Who suggests Iran would strike the desert and on what data?

It depends is the short answer. Nobody is giving away state secrets and that includes target strikes or super secret bases.

What are the supposed missiles armed with?

Chemical weapons and prevailing winds? Pre-emptive strike on likely location of long-range mobile systems? Destroying basic infrastructure like wells?

All seems a bit daft to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I would go with there being something there that isn't shown on the maps as the most likely explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join