It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America falling off its knees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As I watch CNN I believe America and its people are having the best time of their lives. Paying more , yet their income has gone from 9 bucks to 15 bucks an hour. But they don't know the history of us old timers when MC'D's hambugers were only 18 cents.

Anyway here in this country thousands are trying to come to this country to invest and for that they might get a visa.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why would you watch CNN? Turn off that garbage and take a walk.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
" Cathy, I'm lost, I said though I knew she was sleeping And I'm empty and aching and I don't know why Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike They've all come to look for America All come to look for America All come to look for America". Simon and Garfunkel - America.

I always thought it said gone to look for America...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm in America, and my pay hasn't increased at all.

Cost of living goes up every day.

This won't end well.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I remember when a liter of gas was only 25 cents, And not it was not a long time ago, Democrats in power are killing the nation's economy because they hate America and Americans.

That trillion dollar that I call kill the nations bill, is to pay benefactors and whatever is left is going to pave a darn road in the backwoods that will have a sign, praising the democrats for it.

Just like Obama did when he passed similar bill and darn his was not over a trillion dollars.

edit on 11-12-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
America the beautiful by Ray Charles

Oh beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife
Who more than self, their country loved
And mercy more than life
America, America may God thy gold refine
'Til all success be nobleness
And every gain divined
And you know when I was in school
We used to sing it something like this, listen here
Oh beautiful, for spacious skies
For amber waves of grain
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain
But now wait a minute, I'm talking about
America, sweet America
You know, God done shed his grace on thee
He crowned thy good, yes he did, in brotherhood
From sea to shining sea
You know, I wish I had somebody to help me sing this
(America, America, God shed his grace on thee)
America, I love you America, you see
My God he done shed his grace on thee
And you oughta love him for it
'Cause he, he, he, he crowned thy good
He told me he would, with brotherhood
(From sea to shining Sea)
Oh Lord, oh Lord, I thank you Lord
(Shining sea)

GOD bless America by Lee Greenwood

God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home
God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above

The Star Spangled Banner

Ooo-oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave
edit on 11-12-2021 by DustyDust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Star Spangled Banner.
(As you've never heard it)

There was a lawyer once; his name was Francis Scott Key. He penned a song that I’m sure you’re aware of – you’ve seen it – it’s in most hymnals throughout our churches. It’s called, The National Anthem. It is our song as an American. We go, however, to a ball game, we stand in our church services, and we sing the words of that song. And they float over our minds and our lips, and we don’t even realize what we’re singing. Most of us have memorized it as a child, but we’ve never really thought about what it means.
Let me tell you a story. Francis Scott Key was a lawyer in Baltimore. The Colonies were engaged in vicious conflict with the mother country, Britain. Because of this conflict, and the protractedness of it, they had accumulated prisoners on both sides. The American Colonies had prisoners and the British had prisoners. And the American government initiated a move. They went to the British and they said, “Let us negotiate for the release of these prisoners.” They said, “We want to send a man out to discuss this with you.” They were holding the American prisoners in boats about a thousand yards offshore. And they said, “We want to send a man by the name of Francis Scott Key. He will come out and negotiate to see if we can make a mutual exchange.”On the appointed day, in a rowboat, he went out to this boat and he negotiated with the British officials. And they reached a conclusion that men could be exchanged on a one-for-one basis. Francis Scott Key, jubilant with the fact that he’d been successful went down below in the boats and what he found was a cargo hold full of humanity; men. And he said, “Men, I’ve got news for you. Tonight you are free.” He said, “Tonight, I have negotiated successfully your return to the Colonies.” He said, “You’ll be taken out of this boat; out of this filth; out of your chains.”
As he went back up on board to arrange for their passage to the shore, the Admiral came and he said, “We have a slight problem.” He said, “We will still honor our commitment to release these men, but it’ll be merely academic after tonight. It won’t matter.” And Francis Scott Key said, “What do you mean?” And he said, “Well, Mr. Key,” he said, “Tonight, we have laid an ultimatum upon the Colonies. Your people will either capitulate and lay down the colors of that flag that you think so much of, or you see that fort right over there – Fort Henry?” He said, “We’re gonna remove it from the face of the earth.” He said, “How are you gonna do that?”
He said, “If you will, scan the horizon of the sea.” And as he looked, he could see hundreds of little dots, and he said, “That’s the entire British war fleet.” He said, “All of the gun power, all of the armament is being called upon to demolish that fort. It will be here within striking distance in a matter of about two and a half hours.” He said, “The war is over. These men would be free anyway.” He said, “You can’t shell that fort.” He said, “That’s, that’s a large fort.” He said, “It’s full of women and children.” He says, “It’s predominantly not a military fort.”
He said, “Don’t worry about it.” They said, “We’ve left them a way out.” And he said, “What’s that?” He said, “Do you see that flag way up on the rampart?” He said, “We have told them that if they will lower that flag the shelling will stop immediately, and we’ll know that they’ve surrendered. And you’ll now be under British rule.” Francis Scott Key went down below and told the men what was about to happen. And they said, “How many ships?” He said, “Hundreds.” The ships got closer. Francis Scott Key went back up on top and he said, “Men, I’ll shout down to you what’s going on as we watch.” As twilight began to fall, and as the haze hung over the ocean as it does at sunset, suddenly the British war fleet unleashed. Bam!He says, “The sound was deafening. There were so many guns that there were no reliefs.” He said it was absolutely impossible to talk or hear. He said, “Suddenly the sky, although dark, was suddenly lit.” And he says from down below all he could hear the men, the prisoners, saying was, “Tell us where the flag is. What have they done with the flag? Is the flag still flying over the rampart? Tell us.” One hour, two hours, three hours into the shelling every time the bomb would explode and it would be close to the flag, they could see the flag in the illuminated red glare of that bomb. And Francis Scott Key would report down to the men below, “It’s still up. It’s not down.”
The Admiral came and he said, “Your people are insane.” He said, “What’s the matter with them?” He said, “Don’t they understand this is an impossible situation?” Francis Scott Key said he remembered what George Washington had said. He said, “The thing that sets the American Christian apart from all other people in the world is he will die on his feet before he’ll live on his knees.” The Admiral said, “We have now instructed all of the guns to focus on the rampart to take that flag down.” He said, “We don’t understand something. Our reconnaissance tells us that that flag has been hit directly again and again and again and yet it’s still flying. We don’t understand that.” But he said, “Now, we’re about to bring every gun for the next three hours to bear on that point.”Francis Scott Key said the barrage was unmerciful. All that he could hear was the men down below praying the prayer, “God, keep that flag flying where we last saw it.” Sunrise came. He said there was a heavy mist hanging over the land, but the rampart was tall enough. There stood the flag, completely nondescript, in shreds. The flagpole itself was at a crazy angle, but the flag was still at the top. Francis Scott key went aboard, and immediately went into Fort Henry to see what had happened. And what he found had happened was that that flagpole and that flag had suffered repetitious direct hits, and when hit had fallen.
But men, fathers, who knew what it meant for that flag to be on the ground – although knowing that all of the British guns were trained on it – walked over and held it up, humanly, until they died. Their bodies were removed and others took their place. Francis Scott Key said what held that flagpole in place at that unusual angle were patriots bodies. He penned the song, “Oh, say can you see by the dawn’s early light, what so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming. O’er rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that the flag was still there. Oh, say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet fly and wave, o’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”
The debt was demanded, the price it was paid.
Star Spangled Banner Lyrics, Today:
Oh, say can you see by the dawn’s early light?
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight?
O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave?
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
"Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord"
-Psalm 33:12

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
May I say that I am at tears .
Yes, I served this country in honor during the War of the 60's and the early 70's

Yes, I see that the American leadership is in a change . A CHANGE OF CONFUSION

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DustyDust

My Air Force recruiter played that Lee Greenwood song for me in his office before I signed up. A little cheesy as far as presentation but I couldn't disagree really.

My smartass buddy while I was in changed the lyrics for vegans. Went something like this, he could always make me laugh:

"And I'm proud to be a vegetarian, where my diet is all meat free..,"

Lol. I forget the rest, dude was a nut.

Yeah, the American, plastic over glass and vinyl over leather dream just doesn't cut it anymore. Our whole country is akin to a Harbor Freight store.

What a legacy...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
As I watch CNN I believe America and its people are having the best time of their lives. Paying more , yet their income has gone from 9 bucks to 15 bucks an hour. But they don't know the history of us old timers when MC'D's hambugers were only 18 cents.

Anyway here in this country thousands are trying to come to this country to invest and for that they might get a visa.

Im not sure what you are seeing on CNN...nor why you would watch CNN...especially after it was admitted that Biden told them to lie about everything.....but Americans are NOT having the best time of their lives and nobody is getting paid to survive the purposeful Biden inflation.

Biden (well, his puppet masters) is trying to destroy this country and it is not the time of our lives right now.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

top topics

join