It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Mortimer on Would I Lie To you... Genius liar :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I don't know how many of the members here have ever seen this, but I watch this all the time, even the repeats on youtube still solicit a smile.

it's a show where someone reads out something from a card, and the opposing team ask questions to determine if it's true or a lie.

Bob is one of the best at it.. Hope this clip gets someone to appreciate good ol' British comedic banter. Closest thing we had in Australia was Good News Week... Loved that, shame it ended..

^^ That's the strangest yvid embed I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Bob is a national treasure.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
Bob is a national treasure.

The maddest bloke, apart from Greg Davies. His tales are almost on par... OoorrrVegetabless !! haha

(and this version of Alex Jones is far more easy on the eye, hehe)
edit on 7-12-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I found this show on youtube, they all are hilarious, but yes Bob is the best liar. His tawny owl story, the trip to the "gulf stream" "We beg your pardon but we are in your garden". After watching this and 8 out of 10 cats/Countdown, I always try and find other stuff they are in, they all are enjoyable to watch. WILTY's chemistry of Mitchell, Brydon, and Mack makes the show. But Mortimer is on a different level, he has done so much bizarre stuff and he weaves such an intricate detail his lies and truths sound the same.

It is telling though that I don't think this show would do as well here in America, collectively we don't have the patience and are too cynical. Not to mention I doubt we could very find a trio that works as well together, nor would our guests be as interesting.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Oh I am not sure, a lot of people from the US comment saying how refreshing this show is. But I do think they are rare.

You should see the episode where David and his yet to be wife are on opposite teams.. She rips him a new butt hole.. hahha.. but you can see they are connected.

It's a great time waster, same with Big fat quiz of the... either year, or decade.. especially with noel fielding and russel brand. Or Richard ayoade.. But that's an hour and a half long, lol..

I so will miss Sean Lock.. That man was just a classic comic..

This isn't the one I was looking for, but it shows their chemistry... He certainly punched above his weight getting her to marry him.. haha

edit on 7-12-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I can't stop... haha.. just stuck on a WILTY loop now !!
Have some Henning..

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

Oh I am not sure, a lot of people from the US comment saying how refreshing this show is. But I do think they are rare.

You should see the episode where David and his yet to be wife are on opposite teams.. She rips him a new butt hole.. hahha.. but you can see they are connected.

It's a great time waster, same with Big fat quiz of the... either year, or decade.. especially with noel fielding and russel brand. Or Richard ayoade.. But that's an hour and a half long, lol..

I so will miss Sean Lock.. That man was just a classic comic..

This isn't the one I was looking for, but it shows their chemistry... He certainly punched above his weight getting her to marry him.. haha

Im pretty sure Ive seen every show and clip on youtube here in the US, for WILTY, 8OOTCDC, and a lot of the Big Fat Quiz shows. Victoria is so charming and witty herself. I was shocked she was with Mitchell, but you can see they have a connection that's rare, the one where she said she stopped and picked up a wounded seagull, and Lee Mack says is that your nickname for David was pretty funny too. Henning Wehn is great, it's hilarious watching the Brits tease him about his German heritage all in good nature.

Started watching 8 out 10 cats first and yes Carr, Lock, and Richardson have that chemistry too, along with all the others just funny and entertaining. Ive graduated to also watch An Idiot Abroad, and the Ricky Gervais Show among others.

Im sure part of it Ive always been fascinated with our British and Australian cousins, but Im afraid here in America everybody has ADD and they can't listen to a story long enough, or we get caught in the politically correct crowd, somebody would find something offensive, but mostly I believe most Americans are too shallow and uptight.

You did see where Jimmy Carr and Katherine Ryan did an American game-type show on Netflix, it was okay but seemed to lack quite a bit.

I did find New Zealand's version of WILTY.

this is the first one that got me all started...

youtu.be...
edit on 7-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Haha I loved that seagull bit, also the one where she said she was besotted by him the first time they went on a date.

And before they even were dating, the one where he told a story about not having a door knob on bis bedroom, and the lady next to him said "That happened to me once.." and relayed a tale about spending the night in with a guy, but being locked in the room... David spoke up "I don't remember this!" haha

Kathryn Ryan does things to me....
well, earlier on she did. Like Jimmy, she shows her age in more recent years, but still..

When American guests are on, it's always hilarious watching them stuck in the middle of something they can only stare at...

Reginald D Hunter is an exception!!

Oh and, cheers for the link, that's a long one, got me set for 2 hours

edit on 8-12-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Thanks for this. A really great show. I could do some stories for a show like that, I've got a few doozies for sure.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join