It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pendulum has swung on Feminism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Everything goes in cycles, including the feminist movement.

People think feminism is about women, but in reality a lot of it is also about men and the feminization of them.
I’ve noticed that a lot of people are starting to question and go against the woke culture. The pendulum is swinging back
To what I consider the natural order of things. Yes, there are gay/trans people and that is fine and we are not going to focus on that.

I think a lot of true male energy/essence is also being suppressed. Why?

Back to the backlash on the feminism of men

Here’s one example
vm.tiktok.com...

vm.tiktok.com...

Now back to women. Lots and lots of women are talking about “divine feminine”
I have to laugh a little when I hear that. It’s like people just don’t want to admit, they want to go back to
Just being girls and women. They have to fluff it up because they don’t want people to tell them, I TOLD YOU SO.
It’s like they discovered this new amazing thing, where when you act like a lady, a man will treat you as such! GASP imagine that!
They might even ask you out on a date and not be afraid of you, of being cancelled, of being fired. I can’t imagine being dating age right now.
Can a guy even ask a girl out any more. From what I’m hearing nice girls are being treat like h😭es and h🤪es are being treated like queens.

I’m not saying women have to be in dresses making dinner with a cocktail for their man when they come home.
A strong woman is feminine, and a feminine woman is strong.
I’m talking about being what we truly are. Somewhere along the way, I’d say in the last 15 years or so we took a very wrong turn.

It’s time to go back!

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What about let people decide to live their life however they want? This need for conservatives on lecturing people and creating laws about how people should live is beyond dumb.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

What about let people decide to live their life however they want? This need for conservatives on lecturing people and creating laws about how people should live is beyond dumb.

I’m the farthest thing from a conservative there is.
This also isn’t about laws.
This is about influences on our children that aren’t natural.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Marriage is at an all time low.
Feminism and tinder are the big reasons.

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Stop telling men who want to be masculine that they're "toxic". Stop telling women who decide to be in the home raising children for part of their life that they're somehow less than other women who don't make that choice for whatever reason.

It's not just the right that says insane things about what is or is not proper. The left does it all the damn time and since they control the media, they have the biggest bullhorn out there.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Marriage is at an all time low.
Feminism and tinder are the big reasons.

I think we went wrong with a lot of the sexual revolution. It's one thing to have a relaxed attitude about sex in some things, but we went too far in the hippy free love movement.

Hook up culture is not "masculine" nor should it become the province of women. It's basically trashy no matter who engages in a series of one night stands. Sex should be something to do with deep and loving commitment, even if we're not talking about marriage, and it should be between very committed partners, not two drunks at the bar bored on Friday or Saturday night.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There's a big difference for me between feminism and femininity. I think many do not differentiate between the two.

Femininity entails for me what my avatar tells you, the maiden, mother and crone. With the mother as a life bearer being in the middle. Love like the mother. And all that entails like, caring for food and clothes, education and household is a natural domain.

That's not to say we belong into the kitchen. Now, I did not find any word for like "malism". But womenhood is a synonym to femininity. So let's take manhood and what we commonly understand by it.

We see, these two concepts are naturally given and interwoven what makes family. Now, in 1st world countries the focus on career is more of an option than in poorer countries. You won't find much typical mainstream "feminism" there.

In a way, the last wave of feminism is denying these natural given circumstances. In a twisted way, many ultra feminist also waddle in the waters of other extremist political domains like Thunberg-sect members or PETA, arguing for nature.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think we went wrong with a lot of the sexual revolution. It's one thing to have a relaxed attitude about sex in some things, but we went too far in the hippy free love movement.

100%

My question… If everyone is so “FREE” right now, and can be whatever they want, do whatever they want, with whomever they want… Why are huge swaths of the population so depressed?

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Underneath every blue haired morbidly obese feminist is that girl that's still angry about not getting invited to the prom and being pumped and dumped more than backed up toilet. We all know it's true and so do they.
edit on 5-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It is your responsibility to raise your children. Not the government or society.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ketsuko

100%

My question… If everyone is so “FREE” right now, and can be whatever they want, do whatever they want, with whomever they want… Why are huge swaths of the population so depressed?

Because people that hook up over and over with different warm bodies are incapable of having deep interpersonal relationships with a single individual. They have been consistently been chased for sex and have the mindset they are desired on a deeper level.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It is your responsibility to raise your children. Not the government or society.

I absolutely agree with that, but we can’t forget we are part of society, part of a bigger world.

This OP is not so much about the individual so much as it is about trends of society as a whole.

Right now something isn’t working, so people are reaching back. It’s happening. Maybe some don’t like it. That’s Ok.
Some didn’t like the feminization of boys either.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Because people that hook up over and over with different warm bodies are incapable of having deep interpersonal relationships with a single individual. They have been consistently been chased for sex and have the mindset they are desired on a deeper level.

They are the most lonely people you will ever know.
I know someone like that. Random hook ups with no commitment. It might be exciting for a bit but long term it is as sad as it gets! Better to be alone then with a bunch of other broken people.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My understanding is that the LGBT (qui+?) etc makes up for less than one or two percent of the population.

That, by any measurement, is a fringe group.

I'm all for them having the same rights the rest of us have- enjoy them, it's great!

There's no good reason for a fringe group to be in charge of policy, however. It's great that we let people who don't fit societal norms live their lives the way they want instead of throwing them into a bog... but why are they letting them decide how much exposure the school children get to that fringe?

Something has gone awry.
Chinese government figured it out, and is putting a stop to it.
There was a thread here on ATS about this, but I don't have that handy:
apnews.com... entertainment-business-religion-china-62dda0fc98601dd5afa3aa555a901b3f

I think what makes me laugh about all this is that the same people who will throw a parade for a 1-2% minority are the same who champion communism and hate the freedoms America grants them.
Of course if they ever spent a day living under true communist rule, they'd quickly find that nobody can hear them complain anymore, and their friends who contribute nothing but gender diversity to the community would suddenly disappear.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have never heard such man-pleasing, hand maidening "look at me I am a cool girl boys' pandering. Yuck. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It post modernism world and logic

Feminists use sexism to fight "sexism"

Liberals take away liberties to fight threats to "democracy"

leftists/antifa use fascism to fight "fascists"

BLM uses black supremacy to fight "white supremacy "

CRT teaches Racism to fight "racism "

This is a sign of something very simple. The mental asylum patients have escaped and now been given a mega phone.

This is the only rational explanation to describe these blatant double standards and hypocrisy ...

We need to treat these ideologies as a mental health disorder rather than take these people seriously. Once you do this , you will understand their mindset and can deal with them much easier.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Won't click on tik tok, it's the worlds toilet...
LGBFJB++

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterTheGoldRush

Yet you use the same stereotypes to (allegedly) identify her as that cool girl boys' pandering.

Has the thought crossed your mind, that maybe just maybe woman can have the same interest than men? Maybe even excel at it if we are allowed to? Without "pandering to boys" lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterTheGoldRush
I have never heard such man-pleasing, hand maidening "look at me I am a cool girl boys' pandering. Yuck. a reply to: JAGStorm

Hit a nerve eh? When you can’t argue with the topic you attack the person.
Well I don’t accept the attack because it’s not true, except for the part that I’m cool. That’s undeniable 😎

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2021 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join