It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An orgy of incompetence in the gangland of Washington D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
We actually are being dumb down by the orgy of legal and moral incompetency at all levels in the " Gangland of Washington D.C. ".
Starting with the education system in public schools. Yes, there are public schools that actually do educate our kids. And there are schools where some teachers feel like they are there until it is time to call it quits with retirement.
Now lets move to the current administration regarding Homeland Security. For all purposes, they left the door open. Enough said.
Now, the Oval Office. A chair that is filled with a leadership of American's hope for a better future for all. Sadly, my thread title says it all.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We actually are being dumb down by the orgy of legal and moral incompetency at all levels in the " Gangland of Washington D.C. ".
Starting with the education system in public schools. Yes, there are public schools that actually do educate our kids. And there are schools where some teachers feel like they are there until it is time to call it quits with retirement.
Now lets move to the current administration regarding Homeland Security. For all purposes, they left the door open. Enough said.
Now, the Oval Office. A chair that is filled with a leadership of American's hope for a better future for all. Sadly, my thread title says it all.

Speaking as an "older" member, I've been hearing everything that you've said being said by every generation, going back decades.

You're not saying anything that wasn't said before.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Speaking as an "older" member, I've been hearing everything that you've said being said by every generation, going back decades.

I'm also from 'the older generation' and have watched as youth has gotten pretty creative and dramatic to 'shock' the adults. They've had to resort to tattooing their bodies in ways that would make Ringling Brother's Tattooed Lady look like a joke.
The hair style, the colors and gender confusion is certainly having the shock effect kids are looking for with us old folks.
What I don't recall ever seeing before was world-wide genocide, but I have watched movies and read books of it happening just before I was born. The story ended with America being the hero; I'm not seeing any hero's trying to save the world today.
edit on 600000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: fix text

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

If two frogs are in a pot being boiled alive slowly; and one of them turns to the other and says "I think they are turning up the heat again" and the other one says "you've been saying that ever since we got in this pot"; Which one is right?
edit on 4-12-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: musicismagic

You're not saying anything that wasn't said before.

Best we all just accept the situation then I guess. I wonder if that's the reason why, as you pointed out, that every generating just repeats itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The current administration is incompetent.

The hyper focus on sex, gender and race are for college attending 20 year olds who have no identity or responsibility yet and feel powerful when they tweet and stand behind ideas they think are important in the moment. Any one older is doing it to virtue signaling and anyone younger is doing it to mimic someone they idolize. No one does anything for the good and truthfulness of the action. They do it for self gratification.

Covid, although real, was weaponized to control us.

Donald Trump was not supposed to be president. They dogged him his entire term because of that fact.

Teachers, the ones that dread their job choice, are deplorable. Just look for the article on the teacher that felt it was unsafe to go back to the classroom as she tweeted from the beaches of Puerto Rico. It was okay to travel apparently.

The MSM is a liberal backing, lying and opinion based news agency with no real journalism taking place anymore.

edit on 4-12-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

He's in Japan, constantly telling us here in the US....all about us.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Speaking as an "older" member, I've been hearing everything that you've said being said by every generation, going back decades. You're not saying anything that wasn't said before.

My first account here was in 2003 .
And I am most likely "older" than you , and I have never seen it this close to being true .
I believe in being partly an optimist , but to deny facts is right out .

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Text

I'm also from 'the older generation' and have watched as youth has gotten pretty creative and dramatic to 'shock' the adults. They've had to resort to tattooing their bodies in ways that would make Ringling Brother's Tattooed Lady look like a joke.
The hair style, the colors and gender confusion is certainly having the shock effect kids are looking for with us old folks.
What I don't recall ever seeing before was world-wide genocide, but I have watched movies and read books of it happening just before I was born. The story ended with America being the hero; I'm not seeing any hero's trying to save the world today.

I've got one up on you there, I've seen the genocide bit too. There's nothing like a bit of ethnic cleansing, or just plain old mass murder, to remind you that people can and will turn on their neighbors given the right situation.

It's one of the advantages of being older, when people run around screaming and shouting about "the worst thing ever", I can usually sit back safe in the knowledge that we've seen worse and gotten out the other side, and that most of what the younger generations are panicking about is just something a little bit more intense than what they're used to, because they're a bunch of snowflakes.

I also grew up fearing that America would nuke everyone in some global temper-tantrum because it wasn't getting it's own way. Our movies often ended up with everyone dead because of that. Sometimes they started just after.

I also remember that pretty much everything that my generation did shocked out parents and terrified our grandparents. I consider myself to be a pretty right leaning conservative, liberals would might consider me to be an actual Nazi (mostly because they never met a real Nazi and thus don't know what they're talking about) ... but skip a generation back and I'd be considered a radical lefty because what is considered left and right has shifted HARD in the last 20 years.

Most radicals of the 60s would be considered right of center by today' standards on a lot of issues.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm not going to get into a competition about who is or isn't older, as once you get above a certain age a decade or two doesn't make much difference, but things are actually pretty stable right now.

Even the race riots are meh compared to what they used to be. Remember when half of the West coast seemed to be on fire? There was a period of about 20 years from the mid 70s onwards when you couldn't turn the news on without seeing something 10 time worse than the average BLM riot?

Charlottesville was nothing, there used to be actual real white supremacists out marching around on the streets. Real Nazi, too.

If you thought that the liberals were making fun of Trump for his flubs what they said about both of the Bushs' was worse.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He's in Japan, constantly telling us here in the US....all about us.

No offense, but most of the rest of the world is kind of sick of American telling them what their own countries are like.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just state facts as they are.
Not any time in the past has the times had this poor of an outlook for the future .

edit on 12/4/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm old too and from where I sit, one of my biggest concerns is the education system. When I was a teenager and had just come to the USA, patriotism, even with teenagers, was very common. You could tell that's just how people grew up.

Somewhere in the 90's kids were being taught to hate Columbus for discovering America. Now, they teach kids to hate themselves for being of European descent and white.

Take a look at the youngest congress people. They're dead set to destroy tradition and could care less about the constitution they were sworn to protect. When todays kids grow up and get elected, they'll think even less of tradition.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Ever watch the movie "Idiocracy"?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Touche'. Yes. I should have referred as much. Thnx
✌️👍

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes, there are public schools that actually do educate our kids.

Yes, fortunately. Otherwise only rich kids like you would attend school.

top topics

join