It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor says a FETUS is the same as a BRAIN-DEAD Person.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

I think we are on the same page.

I was just thinking... not long ago, Alabama came out with their own very restrictive abortion law... too restrictive IMO, but I didn't get upset over it for one simple reason: it was never intended to be enforced, at least not for very long. It was passed with full expectation that it would be struck down. The reason for passing it was to put Roe v Wade back under a microscope... without a legal challenge, the Supreme Court will never take up an issue; they just don't do that. So Alabama tried to get a legal challenge started.

I don't think it got enough press to work well, though. Apparently MS and TX led the pack on that.

I have two gripes with Roe v Wade, and neither of them have to do with their opinion, really. The first is that Roe v Wade is a perfect example of legislating from the bench, which IMO should never be allowed under any circumstances. In the United States, we have legislatures to pass laws; neither the courts nor executives should be making law. The second is that the language used was so vague and confusing that Roe v Wade wound up being this great moral victory for pro-abortionists, and it emboldened them to the point they honestly tried at one time to tell men that we had no right to express an opinion on the issue even. Wrong. I'm part of this country too, dammit!

So I want it repealed. Period. On the abortion issue, I have a little understanding and sympathy... but on Roe v Wade I have none. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. I want that moral victory removed, completely, so maybe, just maybe, people will figure out if you try to beat someone over the head with a stick long enough, they'll take your stick away.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I vaguely recall the AL law, but kind of skipped over it since the TX law was even more restrictive and I thought it was also just bait to get the MS law in front of the court. I never thought either would get any kind of scotus attention.

I have exactly those two problems with rvw, and have flat out dared democrats to pass an actual abortion law now that they have complete control.

There is no excuse for not passing what they've been saying they want all these years, other than that democrat leaders already know that 75% of the country would be furious.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well, when Obama was in power with Democrat majorities in both Houses, they wouldn't pass a marijuana legalization bill either. Obama just refused to enforce the law. Then when Sessions was appointed AG, everyone was upset because he was going to enforce the law again.

All they had to do was pass a damn law (aka their JOB) and Sessions couldn't have done squat. And they know this... the only logical reason for not doing so was to keep people voting for them so they would pass it this time and being able to complain when anyone else got into power.

I think we're looking at something similar here.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well, when Obama was in power with Democrat majorities in both Houses, they wouldn't pass a marijuana legalization bill either. Obama just refused to enforce the law. Then when Sessions was appointed AG, everyone was upset because he was going to enforce the law again.

All they had to do was pass a damn law (aka their JOB) and Sessions couldn't have done squat. And they know this... the only logical reason for not doing so was to keep people voting for them so they would pass it this time and being able to complain when anyone else got into power.

TheRedneck

Same for immigration reform.

Instead democrats used their power to destroy the U.S. healthcare industry, when they could have simply left things alone and funded a medicaid expansion.

Democrats don't ever change.

They slowly decompose.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Medically speaking, is Justice Sotomayor's comparison of a Fetus with a Brain-Dead Person accurate?

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor rejected the idea that a fetus that has the ability to move and react to pain is a human life that should be protected from abortion.

"Virtually every state defines a brain death as death," Sotomayor, appointed by former President Barack Obama, said during oral arguments in a potential landmark abortion rights case Wednesday, as the state of Mississippi defended an abortion restriction law that directly challenges Roe v. Wade.

"Yet, the literature is filled with episodes of people who are completely and utterly brain dead responding to stimuli," Sotomayor continued. "There's about 40 percent of dead people who, if you touch their feet, the foot will recoil."
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Is she saying a Human Fetus IS a Brain-Dead Person? It sounds like a stretch to me, but I'm not medically trained. Is Justice Sotomayor?

-CareWeMust

January 12, 2022

I think Justice Sonia Sotomayor should take early retirement. She's an embarrassment to the United States.

Last Friday, she declared that over 100,000 children were in the Hospital being treated for Covid-19.

In actuality, there is only a fraction of that number undergoing Covid-19 treatment.

www.foxnews.com...

It's too bad that Justices can continue to serve, no matter how bad their mind becomes.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
1.20.2022 UPDATE

The U.S. Supreme Court takes another step towards saving American babies' lives.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Babies Lives Matter!

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Regarding the Roe v Wade decision "leak": www.politico.com...

Justice Sonya Sotomayor prides herself on hiring "like minded" law clerks.

Law clerks have access to "Opinions" issued by the justices.

Sotomayor is an unstable liberal fanatic.

Notice the pattern?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

A Federal Judge who is smarter and wiser than Justice Sotomayor, says LATE TERM ABORTIONS are now ILLEGAL in North Carolina.

Source: www.usnews.com...

It's AMAZING that we need a LAW to tell women/doctors what is WRONG...IMMORAL...etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Same for immigration reform.

Instead democrats used their power to destroy the U.S. healthcare industry, when they could have simply left things alone and funded a medicaid expansion.

Democrats don't ever change.

They slowly decompose.

Corporate America figured out that uninformed people are more willing to throw free money at them.

I'm amazed it took them so long! They used to mostly lobby the Republican side, because Republicans tend to understand the needs of business.

Then I guess one of them figured out that people who don't understand the needs of business are easier to scam.

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join