It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming that you're aware it's just a dream, but yet you're not lucid dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hi all.

I get this often , that I'm dreaming that I'm aware it's 'just a dream' , but yet I'm not lucid?
This only ever happens when I'm dreaming about interacting/meeting aliens.
Wondering if they're visiting me inter-dimensionally in my dreams
?

I've had lucid dreams and then I'm aware I'm dreaming and able to go where I want in the dream .

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I can do this from time to time , But only when I'm really exhausted like at the point of falling asleep sitting up .

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I’ve only known I was dreaming once. I was having a nightmare and then realized the events happening made no sense. The crazy part was when I woke up, I woke up into another dream and then realized I was still dreaming and remembered trying to wake up from the nightmare before. That literally scared the crap out of me and I thought I was dead, but then finally woke up for real. Definitely wasn’t a pleasant feeling.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The opposite happened to me a while ago the first time.

I thought I was a wake and just got in bed suddenly I was in a long white hall, I thought "is this a dream" then the I felt strongly I was NOT dreaming and was back, I suppose awake from a seconds long dream.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
There are surely 4D beings that may not necessarily be 'alien' , but will enjoy messing with people in lower levels of dream space.

Here's a technique I tried with good results, had to research back 200+ years for references that show people naturally have two sleeps; one just after sundown, then a late-nite to dawn sleep. In this model it's ok to get up and wiz, snack, go outside and look at stars, f around a little, etc.

When intentionally going out of body, have a big dinner and lay down right after. Then, 3-6 hours later, get up, have a glass of water and/or snack, and sit to briefly clear the mind and set the intention. Have 'playful' attitude when laying back down for the 2nd sleep; this 'fun' will prevent 4D mofo's since they naturally do not seem like much fun to play with. Chase the 'bunny' to your destination. There's more to it but that should assist you in your endeavors. It takes some practice. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've had that happen a few times, I just let it ride & make like I have front-row seats in a movie theater, lol.

My favorite one was an epic mash-up of characters & themes from Stargate: SG1, and themes from Warframe.

Namely, me suddenly 'wearing' Rhino, and wall-climbing the SGC gateroom silo walls.

I was clinging (basically like a fly, hanging there) and looking downward at the stargate, and it dawned on me that it was a dream. A ridiculous, awesome, FUN dream so far, that ended up being so excitingly immersive that I excitement-woke myself up, knew it immediately, and willed myself back to sleep & to the dream (successfully! I still haven't swung that again) I ended up repeating that same dream moment I woke from ('wearing' Banshee, chasing Grineer through a canyon on Mars with some crack SGC team) but it was like a CD skipping a few times & then I don't remember anything else.

More often than not, the mentally-aware dreams stand out as more hyper-creative/adventurous compared to a 'regular' dream (and mine are generally pretty creative or adventurous to begin with) With those, I'm pretty ok with letting the dream play out while I watch on the proverbial edge of my seat -- with my luck, if I tried for full lucidity, I'd ruin the dream and never have it again. I know when to not bite the hand that feeds

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Had a dream this morning just before I woke, not like the ones you are describing I have had many such lucid dreams in the past but not for a long time, even ones were I was outside my body seeing myself asleep like a dark shape on the bed and walking back to my body then waking up often breathless only to then fall back asleep or near sleep paralysis except in my version I fought and always began to move as if I was under a great weight but could still move if very slowly only for something to break then wake up also in a similar breathless state.

No just a normal dream this morning but one in which I was watching others going about there business like an invisible observer.

There was some sort of conflict somewhere, the people looked pretty much human in the dream (I am a science fiction fan so expect wacky here) but they were leaving one planet on a small military transport ship of some kind and heading somewhere else that was of tactical importance, I never saw there enemy in the dream but it all made sense the way it always does in dream's.

There technology was not explained (to me) but pretty high tech and far above ours, I focused on the pilots of the craft.

A young man whom was barely able to control it using prescience to guide him and a young prodigy whom on earth would pass for a young teenage girl, she was far more skilled than the older young man whom was like a military recruit while she was some kind of gifted individual and could see and control the ship's jump's, some kind of jump drive that is all I could gather, seeing were they were going before they got there.

They were day's or week's away from there intended destination and there was no way they would get there in time so she took control of the craft and used her far more advanced prescience to guide it (prescience was essential to space travel knowing before it happened), she jumped the craft almost into the outer atmosphere of an unstable huge star and watched as wormholes were opened by the gravitational and electromagnetic turbulence of the star at the edge of it's outer atmosphere looking almost trumpet shape or more accurately like the shape of water going down a whirlpool when you pull the plug out of your bath but going away from the star not down into it there spiral leaving a flattened disk near the surface of the star and trailing off into an infinite thin thread away from it (basically they looked like flattened trumpets sucking up the stars matter and that was what you could see, there were three that seemed almost static and a fourth blinked into existence then she used it to guide there jump perhaps passing through the wormhole to another giant unstable star entering it's outer atmosphere and repeating (it was as if these wormhole like structures somehow linked these stars but only became visible under extreme gravity and electromagnetic conditions which then stretched them open somehow near to the stars, very near to them and by the third star the ship's alarms were sounding as it was never meant to be flown this close to a star though up to this point it had somehow survived, she made two more jump's one to yet another star and then to the planet they were intended to go, an airless moon like world were there was some sort of outpost or base they were heading too.

She made the journey in seconds that would have taken week's using her prescient ability to guide the ship using wormholes or something like them that were connecting distant huge stars whose massive gravitation and electromagnetic storms opened and closed these almost but not quite randomly with her somehow able to see them even before they formed.

Weird dream but it was refreshing almost like a mental holiday.

edit on 1-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlightm

I get this frequently, and sometimes layered dreams, like dreams within dreams.

The most recent time I became aware I was dreaming was just the other night.

Myself, my family, and my sister-in-law with her family were all in our old kitchen, and the kids had spread milk and crap everywhere, the place was destroyed and I was upset to say he least.

So we start washing and cleaning the place up, and leaks started springing from all over the place until it was coming out of the walls and things.

My partner said 'f*** this, I'm calling the plumber', and which point I said to her 'don't bother', and she asked me why.

I just said to her 'look at the state of the kitchen, there's no way this is real, this is a dream', at which point she just sort of shrugged the whole thing off, then the dream shifted into another one.

Trippy stuff 🙂

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Once, when I was middle school age, I had a dream within a dream within a dream, ad nauseam. It leaves me puzzled to this day.

In the dream, my mother comes to the door of my room and says, "Time to get up for school!" But she is wearing clothes from long, long ago, and as I begin to get up, I am awoken by my mother at the door saying, "Time to get up for school!" She is wearing clothing from an era later in time, but not present-day. As I begin to get up, I am awoken by my mother at the door saying, "Time to get up for school!" She is wearing clothing from an era still later in time, but still not present-day. This scenario happened 3 or 4 times before my mother really did wake me up at the doorway with the exact same words, but wearing her normal clothes.

I have puzzled over that dream all my life. Did my mind rapid-fire create those dreams within dreams at the moment my mother actually opened the door and spoke, or did my mind somehow coincidentally create the sequence just minutes before my mother mother came to the door? Maybe I my sleeping brain heard her coming down the hallway or something?

(post by MessiahBuddhaBooks removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I had a lucid dream last night.

Dremt I was a kid again living with my half-sister. Suddenly I realized it was a dream and started asking her if she knew it was a dream. She didn't. She laughed and gave me a hug, told me I was being silly. Almost convinced me too. But I'm good at lucid dreaming so I changed the story to one involving having sex. Not with my sister you purves. But with some random girl a made up. And wouldn't you know it right as soon as I was going to kiss that girl I get woke up by a noise from the neighbors.

I've been having lucid dreams all my life and I remember most of them still. Even my very first one were I fought off a skeleton in my living room when I was 10.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What if death is like that? Like being in a dream that we slowly come to realize is a dream. And then learn how to control it.
We then spend eternity creating super fun things to do. Maybe the dream/afterlife becomes so vivid and real that we create scenarios that even we don't know are fake.

Maybe that's what 's happening right now. Your in a dream that you have convinced yourself is real.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have a couple of recurring dreams in which I become lucid to it...an imminent tornado striking the house; the ability to slam dunk at will during a b-ball game, and closely related...the ability to fly around the neighborhood/town. At an early age I lived thru a tornado hitting our property and wrecking the garage, so probably a ptsd type dream...the others are a blast and I'm always disappointed at the wake-up.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
you have to watch out for "those people". You start dreaming about peeing, you know you can't pee here, but they tell you it's OK. They are convincing. It's cool, just go ahead, no worries. next thing you know, you are jumping up and racing to the bathroom. They aren't nice people.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So only number one?

Never actually done it but had that dream, I guess I have good bladder retention or something.

But you know as you get older you often get the urge to go and there is not much there then you go for a check up and there is nothing wrong with your prostate though you feel all violated because some fat chick whom is your doctor put her finger were nothing should ever go.

There is supposed to be a trick but I have never done it, while your mates are asleep put there hand into a bowl of warm water and it supposedly triggers that response as well.

Scraedtosleep
You know there was an old saying "everyone is an actor (or life is a play) and all the world is a stage", I am still getting rotten fruit and vegetables thrown at me or that is what it feels like.
Another is "Life is a dream and Death and AWAKENING" which is based on the belief that there is NO death which as a Christian I quite believe, at least not death in the usual sense and the concept of OTHER worlds were the spirit goes depending on if they are good or bad is as old as human antiquity.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
know it's a dream when i buy a giant can of beer. lol. i wake up before i get to drink it every time.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

i have narcolepsy(a light case) and that happens to me all the time as well as sleep paralysis

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting dreams those who shared their dreams

Does anyone ever experience this: rapid flashing of images that you're aware you're watching? This is not when I'm dreaming, but often when I'm laying down to sleep , my eyes are closed, and then these images rapidly flash before me . Like a movie , but not, with just random people and place.

Sometimes I will see strange symbols or aliens (grays) , which is even more strange. Though this is rare.

I also think I probably experienced an OBE once, when falling asleep I felt like I was shaking/vibrating and this was mostly from my head. All interesting, wish it would happen more often.
Though I have a strong feeling I could just will all these experiences again and again, if I could be bothered to try.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
you have to watch out for "those people". You start dreaming about peeing, you know you can't pee here, but they tell you it's OK. They are convincing. It's cool, just go ahead, no worries. next thing you know, you are jumping up and racing to the bathroom. They aren't nice people.

Toilet dreams, holy crap (pun intended) I HATE them, I do become well-aware it's a dream & a real bodily signal sounding off, but only at the last possible moment before waking up to do the blind midnight bathroom jog.

The goddamn bathroom mazes, they're never-ending. The bathrooms just seem to stretch on and on, stall after stall, sometimes the layouts curve, sometimes they're part of 'public dressing rooms' (WTF, right?) Layouts vary so much it's unreal, but the common themes across all are:

Filthy commodes you wouldn't make your worst enemy poop on.
No TP.
Toilet's clogged.
Door doesn't lock.
No door at all.
Stall walls are sitting shoulder-height (again, WTF) & everyone can see you from everywhere.
Stalls don't have doors, but have shower curtains/drapes full of holes, or missing entirely. Just another take on the door issue.

One of the stranger ones was a massive home design store with full-sized & fully functional mock rooms built in it, you could view dozens of bedrooms, dozens of bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
All the grand luxury example bathrooms were pristine & hell, you could take a butler-serviced bath if you wanted to no problem, but the crappers were still all of the unpleasant mentions above.

I have strange bathroom dreams...

top topics

join