It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, US hold first-ever joint naval drill in South China Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well, I guess them planes flying over Yamaguchi , Japan had a reason. Japan and the US will NOT give up the South China Sea to China, regardless what the Beijing gang has on some American political leaders.

News / Military / More
Japan, US hold first-ever joint naval drill in South China Sea
Wednesday, 17 November 2021 9:36 AM [ Last Update: Wednesday, 17 November 2021 10:26 AM ]
US Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) (L) talks with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) during a rally with fellow Democrats before voting on H.R. 1, or the People Act, on the East Steps of the US Capitol on March 08, 2019 in Washington, DC. (AFP photo)
The USS Milius and an unidentifed Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force submarine are seen on Nov. 16, 2021. (JMSDF photo)
Japan and the United States have conducted naval drills in the South China Sea, as part of their first-ever anti-submarine war games in the territorial waters.

The Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (MSDF) said in a statement on Tuesday that a total of four Japanese and US vessels had taken part in the drills, including helicopter carrier JS Kaga and two patrol aircraft.

The naval exercise, which kicked off on Monday, also involved the US navy destroyer USS Milius and a US navy P-8A maritime patrol aircraft.

They used an MSDF submarine as a target during the exercise.

“This is the first time [Japan and the United States] have conducted antisubmarine drills in the South China Sea,” MSDF Chief of Staff Hiroshi Yamamura said at a press conference on Tuesday.

“The fact that we can conduct drills in any sea area shows the high level of interoperability between Japan and the United States,” he added.

The MSDF said in a news release that a bilateral naval exercise between Japan and the US navy would take place in the waters around Japan from Nov. 21 to 30. A total of 20 MSDF ships and 40 MSDF aircraft, 10 US navy ships, and a single German navy ship will take part in those drills, it said.

China has vastly upgraded its military infrastructure in recent years, amid rising tensions over Chinese Taipei, the South China Sea, and military supremacy in the Indo-Pacific.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I hate to say this but that is a piss poor show of strength. I guess they have to start someplace but.. Other than show... not much substance.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I hate to say this but that is a piss poor show of strength. I guess they have to start someplace but.. Other than show... not much substance.

I saw it on Japanese tv today and it did look pretty impressive. Navigating the South China Sea means submarines are necessary. Now we really have to watch out for the Chinese to place them anti-sub bombs on the course that the drills were held on. That could well be monitored by the Chinese.
But here where I live I've been mentioning military planes over head, but in Northern Japan and Okinawa, haven't really heard anything. Maybe they were on standby incase China sent out some war planes

what's your take on that

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What are they going to do flash angry landing lights at the Chinese aircraft ? Give stern warnings of " You have entered into the Japanese ADIZ zone illegally, please exit before we have to write a protest letter and call the Chinese ambassador to the state capital house" !

Until someone starts shooting my opinion is this is all a monkey dance where the ground is beat with tree limbs to scare away an opponent.

In the old days before nukes intruders would have been shot down.. Now it is mostly show as any thinking person knows WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones and the politicians can kiss their cushy retirement plans away.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Tue Nov 30 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join