It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why dod why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   
so as far as i can tell the dod has not undermined anything because their plan is woefully inadequate and we need the much more comprehensive g amendment to do this subject justice, to me its vitally important to have congressional oversight, reports to the public, oh and legal obligations by govt workers

the dod is focused on human threats and to be prepared to erase such threats when called upon to do so and rightfully so, im sure they have kept an eye on the ufo issue and have collected tremendous amounts of data over the decades but due to the weird nature of it dont feel the need to address it officially, however the time has come to have a comprehensive approach to it using govt personel and equipment to funnel all data to the astro office for further investigation and analysis by a capable staff led by the g amendment

the gallileo project is a great alternative approach, it seems that they will now know where to concentrate their telescopes to have the best chance of capturing ufos and hope to see reports given soon with good visual and other evidence

once it is established that these machines exist and are of advanced technology and physics which i believe have already been established but ill play the dumb peoples game with everybody, we then have to answer the questions who built it?, where do they come from? what do they want? what can they teach us?? etc.

other parts of the over all phenomenon include crop circles, cattle surgeries, abduction/contacts, and poltergeist, the poltergeist aspect does not intrigue me one bit, i believe it to be a real thing but i find it boring, however intelligent non human lifeforms presence on planet earth thats a different story

im not a scientist but does science mean look at an image or video and just make crap up? i understand not everything is a ufo but not everything is a balloon either

question of the day, why are people so afraid to discuss the possibilty of et or aliens? theyre always like lets just stick to discussing uap because im scared of aliens, it hurts my little mind to think about aliens, it will confuse people, it will panic people, i mean dont get me wrong if i came out the house and saw a 4 ft dude with a big bald head and big black eyes talking to me in my head saying come with me itd freak me out but where do people think this is all heading towards?

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Main reason is we have to relinquish our position of superiority. We are no longer the top of the food chain. That in itself causes all sorts of questions and insecurities.

We have unexplainable objects from Egypt and elsewhere. It’s fine to talk about objects, things that make no sense. However, the entities behind or within those objects are another matter for many.

Personally I’d like nothing more than to invite a alien in to the house, share a cup of tea and a biscuit and chat for hours.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: saskwatch

question of the day, why are people so afraid to discuss the possibilty of et or aliens? theyre always like lets just stick to discussing uap because im scared of aliens, it hurts my little mind to think about aliens, it will confuse people, it will panic people, i mean dont get me wrong if i came out the house and saw a 4 ft dude with a big bald head and big black eyes talking to me in my head saying come with me itd freak me out but where do people think this is all heading towards?

You did a very fine job of answering your own question.

Fear is the absolute strongest motivator in human existence.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

question of the day, why are people so afraid to discuss the possibilty of et or aliens?

I think most people are accepting of other life in our Galaxy and the possibility that we have been or are being visited , Defense departments may know more than they're telling but hide that knowledge behind a National Security curtain as knowledge is power and any edge over a competitor / aggressor is an edge to be kept secret , for that reason we will never get the truth from official sources.

The Gallileo Project was a promising development but I fear Avi Loeb has tarnished his credibility with the inclusion of "former " counterintelligence operatives into the project , the enemy within if you like.

I don't believe the discovery of ET will come from revelations of craft in our skies or admission of recovered spaceships but will come from observations of other Worlds , when James Webb hopefully successfully launches and deploys no doubt one of it's priorities will be to take a closer look at the Trappist-1 star system , at just 40 light years away if we detect bio-signatures there we will likely detect them everywhere and at such a "close" proximity perhaps if we are being visited we may have found where they're coming from.

I believe we will find evidence of other life this decade but I don't believe we will get the truth , ET or not , about UFOs.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Main reason is we have to relinquish our position of superiority. We are no longer the top of the food chain. That in itself causes all sorts of questions and insecurities.

We have unexplainable objects from Egypt and elsewhere. It’s fine to talk about objects, things that make no sense. However, the entities behind or within those objects are another matter for many.

Personally I’d like nothing more than to invite a alien in to the house, share a cup of tea and a biscuit and chat for hours.

You may have a more stimulating conversation with a bee over tea and honey...

What unknown object from Egypt tells you there are entities beyond humanity involved? Or they speak, sit and eat in a way you find familiar?

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Who are what do you believe is at "the top" now ?

What "unexplainable" objects from Egypt and elsewhere do you speak of ?

I used to wish I had an imagination .

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think most people are accepting of other life in our Galaxy and the possibility that we have been or are being visited

The first part - maybe.
The second part not so much .

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Who’s afraid to discuss ets? Pretty sure it’s a highly discussed and entertaining subject with quite a few mainstream and alternative bits of media to show for it, more threads and forums than you could ever read... why do you believe it’s a taboo subject? Because people don’t believe what you believe?

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape
Who’s afraid to discuss ets? Pretty sure it’s a highly discussed and entertaining subject with quite a few mainstream and alternative bits of media to show for it, more threads and forums than you could ever read... why do you believe it’s a taboo subject? Because people don’t believe what you believe?

While taboo might be too strong of a word, pretty sure if you talked about aliens and UFO's you would get rebuffed pretty easily especially in today's climate. Hell people have no problem being confrontational with strangers in public on a number of less taboo subjects, less conspiratorial subjects.

FWIW Yes we get it you are skeptical, your monicker is just as telling as someone called UFO Nut, plenty of places online to discuss skepticism of UFOs. Is there a particular reason we have been graced by your presence? Do you believe it or not or are ya just living up to your screen name?

Mentioned this elsewhere, too much media about his subject to not at least be open to the possibility, even though we really don't have concrete proof, beyond a reasonable doubt. Which is how many people measure their interests. While others believe in what-ifs, just as it can't be proven there are no UFOs and aliens, it can not be proven there aren't aliens and UFOS.

edit on 27-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Damn that’s funny. If you have to ask me about Egypt then you haven’t looked at it closely enough.

Am I the bee or are they the bee?

I imagine you have never successfully made it through a fantasy novel - no imagination.

Sad really but it’s yours, so I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Gothsmog

Whoever is in the UAP’s or whoever those ‘aliens’ we have interacted with, allegedly, would be at the top or at least above us by some margin. Even if they are actually more local to us than we imagine.

As for Egypt there are too many to mention really. Examples of core drilling, the incredible symmetry of some statues - far beyond what could be achieved by eye. Significant saw marks. Stone vessels hollowed out to impressive tolerances. None of which could be achieved with the tools archaeologists suggest. The huge stone boxes in the serapeum. They were not made with copper chisels, that’s for sure.

As for an imagination I think we should all dream and enjoy doing so. I can offer tea and a biscuit, perhaps they are more comfortable wielding a probe. Who knows. I mean I talk to plants so maybe, just maybe, aliens would talk to a cabbage like me.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Double
edit on 27-11-2021 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Same. I'd love to 'chat' with an alien. That's if they even talk, most seem to prefer telepathy

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I think you're correct re: perceptions of authority and who actually holds it. A clear admission that something is out there that our authorities can't influence or block would not be a good look.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

A clear admission that something is out there that our authorities can't influence or block would not be a good look.

So, acceptance of the fact that there are events like a supernova explosion, an incoming asteriod, a volcano eruption, or simply a car accident, means the authorities are not ready to talk about them because they cannot control those events?
If that were the case then there would be little authorities could talk about because, in essence, life is for the most part unpredictable.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It’s all conversation, but I bow to your greater experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
First , learn how to reply .
And you got the name wrong.

Whoever is in the UAP’s or whoever those ‘aliens’ we have interacted with

Who said anything or anyone was in them ?

As for Egypt there are too many to mention really. Examples of core drilling, the incredible symmetry of some statues - far beyond what could be achieved by eye. Significant saw marks. Stone vessels hollowed out to impressive tolerances. None of which could be achieved with the tools archaeologists suggest. The huge stone boxes in the serapeum. They were not made with copper chisels, that’s for sure.

You watch too much "Ancient Aliens"

As for an imagination I think we should all dream and enjoy doing so.

But not so much one begins to spin their own reality .

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think it has more to do with the Science fiction and Horror, and just overall ignorance of the fact, even though there is no facts to go with.

Plus the Psyops and labeling these days, worrying about transgenders, instead of the Transformers.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What makes you think the James Webb will deploy successfully? The Hubble Space Telescope was launched nearsighted. A latent problem with the JW could keep it blind for years without a shuttle to effect repairs. If someone wanted to conceal a discovery, that would be very convenient.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

A clear admission that something is out there that our authorities can't influence or block would not be a good look.

So, acceptance of the fact that there are events like a supernova explosion, an incoming asteriod, a volcano eruption, or simply a car accident, means the authorities are not ready to talk about them because they cannot control those events?
If that were the case then there would be little authorities could talk about because, in essence, life is for the most part unpredictable.

Hello Direne

Those comparisons strike me as 'apples and oranges'.

Yes, any number of natural phenomena or human actions can occur that are dangerous. Authorities talk about them (sometimes); most of what we 'get' in terms of those topics are either the notions of scientists or, in the case of perceived lethality of some events, probability calculations that seem of most interest to insurance firms.

Consider this question. We know there are large, dangerous predators in the world; even in the forests of relatively settled Europe and the USA. And yet, despite these dangers, authorities do not attempt to 'lockdown' society. Question is why is that the case when they do so, and successfully at that, when it comes to a virus?

The reason is the role played by psychological influences.

Look: We know there may be wolves and bears in the forest. We have (in normal times) the choice to go there or not. Even if we go there, we know we'll probably see the predator before it attacks, and we have some idea of what its behavior may be. In brief, we know they exist and we believe that the odds are that we can avoid them. And if we can't avoid them, we have technology that can be used to ward them off or kill them. This is why the authorities won't attempt lockdown because of predators lurking the forest -- there is nothing invisible about them, and we know we have proven ways of mitigating the danger they pose.

Virus? An entirely different situation from the perspective of human psychology. We may have some vague of idea of what they do, but we can't see them, and we must have faith that either our immune system can defeat the virus, or that doctors can do something to help us defeat the virus. Nothing to grapple with there physically at a level we can see with our eyes, and because we can't see what is going on, it is difficult to learn how to fight a virus. Either our body does what it is supposed to do, or it fails. -That- scares a lot of people badly, and so they accept measures like lockdowns in the hope that those actions will defeat the virus. And authority keeps upping the lockdown ante because they realize their "scientific approach" so far has NOT defeated the virus (and IMO will not).

Now we're back to authority's fear of admitting they can't control, or at least, influence something -- something, that unlike an asteroid, is ALIVE and which PREYS upon humanity. We're closer to the ugly truth now: that belief we wish to cling to that WE are the Alpha predators in this world.

Not some crummy 'bug', and for God's sake, not some interdimensional (or whatever) horror that comes and goes as it pleases, doing whatever it wants to (including, if certain reports are creditable, kidnapping humans, killing animals, tampering with dangerous weapons systems etc.).

You really think "authority" would gladly make that kind of announcement to the public? I don't. I also don't think they'd tell us if they knew an asteroid was going to strike earth in X days and be a world ending event -- because, by their nature, "authority" will hold onto their power and control until the very last second, and, they suspect they know how many people would react to such an announcement.

Me ... I just look forward to seeing a 'grey' or two on my neighbor's BBQ someday

Cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join