It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Webb Space Telescope : An Incident has Occurred Delaying the Launch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

Damn Lithium-7!

That stuff is always gettin' into trouble!

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Latest update.

In a press conference today (Dec. 16), ESA officials said a faulty data designed to deliver data from the Webb space telescope and its rocket and launch pad equipment was not working properly.

"It's an interface issue in the electrical network connecting the observatory and the ground support equipment," Daniel Neuenschwander, ESA director of space transportation, said in the briefing. "It's a cable located in the launch table, which is experiencing some intermittent losses of data."
www.space.com...

"With the interface issue, we were delayed with the aliveness test," Zurbuchen said. "The test extends for several hours, and that really was on the critical path. We have a meeting tonight at about 6 p.m. E.T., where we will look at whether we have managed to do this aliveness test and go forward with the encapsulation."

Zurbuchen added that the teams are not taking any chances with the $10 billion observatory, which took 30 years to design and build (and is already many years delayed and a few billion dollars over budget).
www.space.com...

Better safe than sorry , I can understand that .... JUST LAUNCH THE BLOODY THING !

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Christmas Eve… how appropriate!

“Breaking News: Santa and the James Web Space Telescope had an accident. Witnesses say Santa was driving without Rudolph’s nose lit. Nobody was injured in the accident but the telescope is a total loss…”

(eggnog)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With launch day drawing closer today is D-Day , NASA say the cable problem has been fixed and the final decision on a launch date will be made at the end of today following tests.

NASA and the European Space Agency are discussing their options today (Dec. 17) on when to launch the multibillion-dollar James Webb Space Telescope.

Earlier this week, the two agencies and their partners delayed the Webb telescope's Dec. 22 launch after a data cable issue prevented communications between the observatory and equipment with its Ariane 5 rocket. The launch is currently targeted for no earlier than Dec. 24, but that launch date could change.

NASA and ESA have both said they will announce a firmer launch date by then end of the day today, Dec. 17. The faulty data cable on Webb was fixed yesterday afternoon and engineers were expected to perform final tests before making a decision on whether to close up the space telescope inside its clamshell-like payload fairing.

The Webb space telescope is NASA's next "Great Observatory" and set to launch on an Arianespace Ariane 5 rocket from Guiana Space Center in Kourou, French Guiana.

The mission has been delayed several times in recent months, from an October launch target to late December due to launch preparation issues.
www.space.com...

Please don't ruin my Christmas NASA !

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let’s see…

The birth of Jesus-Santa-God, first day of winter, winter solstice, and Satrnella…

Yup, NASA has covered the “cover” story Holy-days.

I wonder what stars arr rising at launch time??

Just saying….

ETA: I always forget Festivus!!
edit on 17-12-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: The Human Project

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Launch still "tentatively scheduled" for next Friday but confirmation tomorrow.

The James Webb Space Telescope is still tentatively scheduled to launch on Dec. 24, but the launch date won't be officially confirmed until tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 18), according to Arianespace CEO Stéphane Israël.

"Final encapsulation operations ongoing," Israël tweeted late Friday. "Target launch date is December 24 at 12:20 am UTC. Confirmation Saturday."
www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Webb is stacked and packed and ready for launch on the 24th , subject to a review on the 22nd.

"The James Webb Space Telescope is confirmed for the target launch date of Dec. 24, at 7:20 a.m. EST," NASA wrote. "Late yesterday, teams at the launch site successfully completed encapsulation of the observatory inside the Ariane 5 rocket that will launch it to space. Webb’s launch final readiness review will be held on Tuesday Dec. 21 and, if successful, roll-out is planned for Wednesday, Dec. 22."
www.space.com...

Let's go find them Aliens !

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The launch is just the start!!

The trip there, unfurling, system checks, that is another 6 months!

It really does seem they want this kept back as long as possible!

I am pretty certain that beings exist “out there”. This will just prove that the oxidation reduction reaction is universal. That will force a “worl view change” on the population (that the Brookings Report was afraid of). Then we “find life on Mars”. Then we find ancient history of aliens. Etc. All leading up to the “fact” that “aliens exist”.

Uh, we already know They exist!! Pretty darn hard to be abducted by sleep paralysis!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
James Webb launch has been delayed , this time due to forecast high-altitude winds according to the vice president at Arianespace.
It's hoped Webb will launch on the 25th but that's dependent on the weather.

The observatory is set to blast off on Saturday (Dec. 25) no earlier than 7:20 a.m. EST (1220 GMT). Live NASA coverage will begin at 6 a.m. EST (1100 GMT)

At least I won't be at work so will get to watch it live .... hopefully.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Holy #......

Holy #.....

I hope this really happens. What a Christmas! 🙏

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Holy #......

Holy #.....

I hope this really happens. What a Christmas! 🙏

Holy # it would be indeed! My younger kid & I were just discussing this, it'd make all her Christmases for life in one launch, she said

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The news looks good , we're Go for launch.

The latest weather forecast has arrived, and we are still GO for launch of #NASAWebb tomorrow, Dec. 25 at 7:20 am ET (12:20 UTC)! Watch live at nasa.gov...
twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The rocket has moved to the launch pad ready for tomorrows launch , looks like the wait is nearly over.

’Twas the night before launch,
And all through Kourou,
The teams are a go, and the weather is too!
The rocket rolled out to the launchpad with glee,
Join us for the world's biggest launch watch party.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

“Dear Jesus-Santa-God,

Please let the weather be pleasant, and please no natural disasters like tsunamis or earthquakes!

Take the day off!!

We can start back up after the Holidays!

Thanks,

Your other, other, co-pilot,

TEOT”

A Prayer for JWST, Christmas Eve, 2021

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

But it's at 2 #ing o'clock in the morning. Christmas morning.

Stupid time zones.

Wake me up when it's over.

Launch is, of course, only a prelude to the things that could go wrong. Very fancy machine which won't even try to do much of anything until it's a million miles away.

Hope they got it all right, all right.

edit on 12/24/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But it's at 2 #ing o'clock in the morning. Christmas morning.

Stupid time zones.

Depends on which side of the time zone you are watching.
T-minus 2 hours.

Hope they got it all right, all right.

After all this time and all of that caution they'd bloody better.

Merry Christmas Phage.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
T-minus 13 minutes , internal sensors are green , spacecraft is "power positive" and although cloudy weather conditions are good .... it's happening.
Final weather report due soon.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
James Webb Space Telescope is where it belongs .... in Space.
Perfect launch , everything went as expected.
Beautiful.

Congratulations NASA & ESA.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Webb has separated from the final stage of the Ariane 5 rocket and is ready to unfurl its wings ready for the journey to its orbital position.
Solar array deployed and Webb has power.

The perfect Christmas present.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Wow.

Holy #.

I've been waiting for this since I was teenager... I can't believe it is actually on it's way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join