It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton Professor Blames Rittenhouse Verdict on Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In a recent opinion piece, Princeton Professor of African Studies Eddie Glaude Jr. blames the Rittenhouse verdict on "madness":

WA POST SOURCE

“White innocence” — the refusal to know the world that racism creates in order to avoid responsibility for that world — threatens to choke the life out of our democracy. It always has. I don’t mean by the phrase some easy moral condemnation of racism or White privilege that, in the end, doesn’t ask much of us. I am talking about the intricate rituals of denial and self-deception that define how we deal and have dealt with matters of race in this country, a form of madness that is as American as buffalo grass and pine trees. And what else could it be but madness? To live willingly, across generations, in a lie.

I wonder, if the world that Glaude believes in exists, how does he explain how he was able to get a job in an "elite" college? I feel as if all of the past work of civil rights activists is being systematically being destroyed by influential fools (my opinion) such as this professor.

He does have one thing right about the cry to vote for more democrats:

Those who see clearly the lies and deception shout with all the breath in their lungs that there are two systems of justice in this country. They decry “the innocents” and their free-floating hostility only to have their voices drowned out by appeals to the sundry details of the law, by demands for faith in the judicial system and the pressing need (always from the lips of White liberals who quietly concede to it all) to vote for more Democrats.

Check out the source article for an interesting perspective that I do not agree with.
edit on 11222021 by seattlerat because: rephrasing

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"Madness!" he cried with a crazy-as-hell gleam in his eye. True story.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Misery Just Loves Company............

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Not shocking that WP would give that Professor a chance to spat his stupid opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Justice happened as intended.

Anyone that thinks condemning an innocent white man is the solution to racial inequality doesn't understand that a door can be opened from both sides.

It's not about making Rittenhouse guilty by mob rule.

It's about making sure that any black person in the same situation, is also afforded innocence until proven guilty.

It's sad to see someone with a university position that is incapable of understanding that. Princeton really turned to #, huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Notice not a heap of blame for the lousy prosecution? Talk about text book LIBERAL PRIVILEGE! Blame everything except those who deserve the blame. Excuse's excuses.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Did he happen to comment on the SUV attacking a Christmas parade? What caused that.

Oh a “knife fight”. Gotcha.

Too soo?

Oh. Sorry. Seemed like everyone everywhere is armchair QBing after Kyle’s verdict already.

Like they didn’t have minds made. Nor the prosecution’s feeble assault on democracy and justice to be blamed.

Edit: I dunno. Maybe it’s me. But. A black professor of African studies at an Ivy League chiming in about the American Judicial system in which a teenager was found Not Guilty for killing two white guys seems a bit……

What’s the word….?

Ah yes. Racist.

edit on 22-11-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Who gives a toss what a Princeton professor has to say?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That guy is either extremely naive or he's a shill.

It's hard to narrow it down these days.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

That guy is either extremely naive or he's a shill.

It's hard to narrow it down these days.

Yea....

I read the article and was attempting to post my viewpoint on it...

But the level of both blatant racism and willful ignorance from this professor left me with nothing to reply to besides pointing out his own words.

This is too neat and too predictable. “White innocence” insulates this country from its sins and allows us to live with self-deception. It is the source of an American madness that corrupts everything. “The innocents” thrive in its illusions and lies. And American democracy suffers terribly, as it always has, because of it.

The irony of a Black American Princeton Professor saying that....

I literally can't make him look worse than he has all by himself.

Clown world indeed...

edit on 000000011America/Chicago11pmMon, 22 Nov 2021 18:25:02 -060025 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am sure he will get a grant and write about some drivel comprised mostly of how white people are the demon spawn of satin….Etc.

I am sure they will make a movie about it.

I can hear the media and Hollywood now lavishly admonishing praise on what a superior piece of toilet paper it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And to think this "educated" idiots get to get hand on young minds in our society.

Wow no wonder our nation is creating nothing but stupid.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Who gives a toss what a Princeton professor has to say?

Those who create havoc in our societies.. they care. Not because they listen, but simply because they hear.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

And to think this "educated" idiots get to get hand on young minds in our society.

Wow no wonder our nation is creating nothing but stupid.

The parents and grandparents of these professors helped to make America great and remain a free country, 75 to 90 years ago.

Did they fail to teach their children proper values, which is why these "educators" ended up being exactly what our enemies would want them to be?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am sure that money has to do a lot with it, specially foreign money grands and china is a big donor to the mayor universities in the US.

Get hold of the education system and you can change the make over of an entire country generation.

The art of war, killing the enemy from within.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Princeton professor needs face huggies to keep all his # from leaking out of his mouth hole.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
these people are so far gone it is getting really scary

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The state we are in is what happens when you take God, THE God of Abraham, Isaac and Joseph, out of society.
It has nothing to do with racism.
But that's what the luciferians want you to think. The state we are in is EXACTLY what they want.
This professor is just a brain washed peon, or a true believer in the powers running this world.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What plays on my mind when I read crap like this is how do they intend to overcome this perceived problem?

They whinge and whine but they never seem to offer solutions to their perceived problems.

It's all just political showboating to make leftists feel like they are fighting for "good" against the evil "right"(basically anyone who has a differing opinion).

F#king morons have no purpose in life other than to make noise.

top topics

join