It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does mask increase virus transmission?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Again, 2 1/2 years dealing with COVID patients?

I must be delirious of time. When was the first case of COVID again?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Scubalicious

Know what you're right... it hasn't been that long...

Almost 2 years... apparently i'm the one lost in time

Still doesn't change what i said... aside from my time line issue...

my mistake... even though it feels like its been much longer

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I panicked for a second when I read it, getting older mate, I feel it’s speeding up at a rapid rate.
We’re old friends, my handle used to be Scubagravy.

Good to see you’re still pumping around the track

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Scubalicious

ah nice to see you brother...

Tellin ya it feels like 5 years.... so sick of the entire situation

constant case updates on every channel... and the bloody masks!

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

And, what does this have to with the cheap a$$ masks most of Joe public wears.

Here is a little sample…

Like some one in another thread claiming they use a “hermetically sealed” mask…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way. Quote where I ever posted properly trained people wearing proper masks are not an effective measure. Under proper controls and protocols.

I think the major beef here is politicians letting Joe public think their cheap a$$ masks were effective. With no controls and no discipline.

Then all the sudden there was a push to double mask.

What a public health f’n joke.
edit on 21-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

edit on 21-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 21-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added more

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Hopefully. Working in a healthcare facility. You also have a air handling system that properly turns over and sanitizes the air in the facility. Which would be different than most other places?

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ResistanceFighter

Right, Surgeons use a mask and people that work in contamination sensitive environments often wear masks or even in extreme cases full respirator body suit get up's.

So yes it CAN reduce the spread but it does so not so much by filtering a viral particle that is small enough to pass through the mesh as by diffusing the air going through it and preventing spittle flying out or coming in, people cough and it creates an aerosol of particles of water that may contain the virus, the virus could pass through the mask but those larger water droplets may be more likely to be stopped and so prevent the virus particle within them from passing into your own air ways and vice versa.

But they are pretty anti social, that said while I understand the hate so many have for them they DO partially work even if there are some crying as loud as they can be heard shouting that they do not.

They do not work very good though which is why I recommend my own range of Fish Bowl Helmets complete with a personal back mounted respirator, look trendy this season and go out in style.

(haha sorry could resist that last bit)

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

And again... 2 1/2 years of dealing directly with covid patients... literally in their faces (among other things )

Never caught it

You say COVID19 has been widely known since early 2019 ?? 😵‍💫

Well no small wonder 😵‍💫

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
how does your stats/facts account for the explosive increases of COVID in Michigan/Minnesota/N Mexico while the State of Florida is presently having the USAs lowest rate of new COVID @ 9-per-100,000 (instead of 40-50 per 100,000 like the epidemic states above)

the three states noted above are 10 times more likely to develop ssevere symptoms of COVID than Florida that has been scolded repeatedly for being too lax
edit on st30163752745821442021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So baisicly just 3% shy of being 50/50. Might as well be comfortable with those odds. Now anything over 70 I might would suffer with one.

My sister in law is a RN working in a maternity ward, wore a mask all day and followed all safety protocols. Tested positive, and passed it on to my brother, niece, youngest sister in law and myself got tested and were positive. My sister in law, brother and niece took a week to get over it, my youngest sister in law 4 days and myself 3 days. We feel it came from her, because she tested regularly, the rest of us were at our homes due to mandates and none had been any where for prior the shortest time 2 weeks before we had a weekend get together between her tests. That was the beginning of this year.

I don't wear one, I do carry one just in case i have to go somewhere that requires one for something we need. And haven't got jabbed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join