It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot declared in Portland as Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal sparks some protest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Riot in Portland ?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's the permanent CHAZ and CHOP zones !!!!🦇😧🦇

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Tillers nice though prime now for summer fires. There have been several there in the last couple of summers. I"m down the hill a bit north of Myrtle Creek. When I was a bit younger we liked to head up Tiller way as there are any number of sweet swimming holes along the river up there. Now though I stay closer to home as all our grand kids have grown up pretty much and cannot make those river swims with us any longer. A couple of years ago I finally came to realize that going out to a secluded swimming hole by my self at my age was not the brightest thing I could be doing.

See that avatar of mine? That's one I spent about four days digging out of the river bed to bring home. That was great summer exercise making rock gardens. Near the end though there was one that I had loosened from the bed that came back down on top of my hand and trapped me for a moment under about 7 feet of water. That was the clincher for me. No more solo outings.

Our summers can still be restrictively hot. But the worst in the last five years is the smoke from places like Tiller or last summer the big one up the North Umpqua.

Newport sounds nice to me. Even living near town there sounds great. No neighborhoods though, I"m done with that. Here we have one neighbor to our south and not one more till a half mile away up around the river bend. It's still almost a dream for us.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That size raft in your picture seems about the size we used, though we had to outfit our own seating rig to them. Those were fun times. Now and then I go on You Tube and look up all the people who have made the trips I used to make fifty years ago and interesting enough that I still remember each and every little turn that they film.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Key point here being as quickly as possible.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes, it is a beautiful area. Amazing what's to do and see in Oregon. Having 2 dogs, they would be in heaven. 👍🏼😊

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just send Rittenhouse out to Portland.

He'll protect the streets.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hehe,
I couldn't do that now either... I'll break.
But I can still feel that cold water rushing around my shoulders. Good times 👍🏼😊

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I had gold fever for my first few summers in Oregon and spent a lot of time with a mask and snorkel looking for shiny stuff on the river bottom. In both the north and south Umpqua. When I saw some some, I would dive down and pluck it up with a turkey baster. I had a neighbor who was kind enough to teach me all of the tricks and how to read the river for where the gold would collect. I also did panning and digging and running the dirt through a sluice box. But I had the best luck with the turkey baster method.

(post by CovidKiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Meh, let the coasts burn. The only downside is that they'll move away to conservative states because it's safer, only to take over and make things just as bad as the place they ran away from. I wish states could refuse transplants, that would solve almost everything. Washington, Oregon, and California get to keep their homeless and wildfires, and can't beg for water when they've used all theirs for their precious golf courses.

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fryguy

I wasn't going to reply to your comment, but decided to let you know that you sound rather ignorant of the facts when it comes to the west coast states, especially Oregon. You should educated yourself before saying stupid stuff. 28 or 29 of the 36 counties in Oregon are Republican. The Democrat governor was elected by only 7 counties. Biden was elected by only 8 Oregon counties. It's just the same as how Biden was elected by the nation with a mostly red map. You shouldn't be so smug, because as the cities across the nation fill up with Democrats, you are likely to find your own state going blue one day. Especially with how covid is killing five Republicans for every one Democrat.

And what state do you live in? I've lived in most of them and could probably point out the many flaws in your own state. The part of Oregon where I live is a paradise, when compared with most parts of the flyover states.
edit on 21 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

True enough.

I prefer "go around Portland, if at all possible."

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

COVID killing Republicans vs Democrats 5 to 1 ?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

" Black Lives Matter (BLM) distanced themselves from Kyle Rittenhouse on Monday after he expressed support for the movement.

The group linked to an article about Rittenhouse's interview with Fox News' Tucker Carlson. In it, Rittenhouse said: "I'm not a racist person. I support the BLM movement. I support peacefully demonstrating."

In response, BLM tweeted "Alexa play: I don't f--k with you," and a gif with the acronym "IDFWU." It was referencing the Big Sean song carrying that title. "

www.foxnews.com...

Seems trying to Placate a Domestic Terrorist Group ( BLM ) did not turn out so Well for Kyle . Looks like he was given som Bad Advise . He has since the Trial was over Numerous Death Threats by Guess Who > ? .....Hmm....

edit on 22-11-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro

COVID killing Republicans vs Democrats 5 to 1 ?

Sorry, I shouldn't have put that bit in. I'm burnt out on covid and wholly uninterested in putting even minimal effort into backing it up. There were several scientists who were saying it a few weeks back. I forget who. Anecdotally, I know a little about the majority of the community members in the county where I work and also see who is in the icu here. Republicans make up the majority, although my observation is hardly a fair assessment. The county is mostly filled with Republicans, and the entire county has only seen around 280 covid deaths.
edit on 23 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Portland is Antifa’s go-to tinderbox. Anything happens in the world that they don’t like, Portland burns.

I’d hate to live there that’s for sure.

that and california

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Someone just made this and shared it with me. I found it appropriate for the thread.

edit on 27 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join