It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

takes years to make a drug but now we have the magic pill in no time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is getting crazy now, and I mean it. We all will be addicted to the new magic pill . You know, its about safety like giving your child children's bayer asperins when having a fever and realizing years later your child has a learning disability because you failed to understand "USE AS DIRECTED " .

Pfizer Inc said on Tuesday it is seeking U.S. authorization of its experimental antiviral COVID-19 pill that cut the chance of hospitalization or death for adults at risk of severe disease by 89% in a clinical trial.

Pfizer said it completed submission of its application for emergency use authorization (EUA) of the drug, Paxlovid, with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, including data from the drugmaker's clinical trial www.reuters.com...
edit on 1100000036292021-11-16T16:29:36-06:00293611pm4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

And what country gets to make the drug ? Remember China makes most drugs these days.
edit on 1100000049302021-11-16T16:30:49-06:00304911pm4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1100000036312021-11-16T16:31:36-06:00313611pm4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think there was a thread about being shocked at the speed of development of the pill recently

oh wait....same author

Pfizer's new corona drug, this sure was fast

are you sure you not been vaccinated as you appear to be showing signs of forgetfulness

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So this medication is a protease inhibitor for the virus. Hmmm. I wonder if it is made from Kiwi or grapefruit chemistry or if it is made from the bromelain chemistry from pineapple? I suppose they could also inhibit protease with fisitin or appigenin from some herbs, they just need a way to alter it so it can be made expensive and patentable.

I wonder if they are just selling chaga pills, they can add alcohol to birch syrup and get something that makes that inhibitor. Oh yeah, again, it needs to be patentable to make it expensive. I suppose there will be major side effects from making a synthetic drug instead of natural medicinal chemistries.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's faster to turn out a product if it's only expected to last three months, tops.

Imagine if Pfizer made cars.

"Our new model will take you from point A to point B 50% of the time. In case of an accident, you have an 80% greater chance of surviving versus being hit as a pedestrian. You will need a new engine every three months."

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This is getting crazy now, and I mean it. We all will be addicted to the new magic pill . You know, its about safety like giving your child children's bayer asperins when having a fever and realizing years later your child has a learning disability because you failed to understand "USE AS DIRECTED " .

Pfizer Inc said on Tuesday it is seeking U.S. authorization of its experimental antiviral COVID-19 pill that cut the chance of hospitalization or death for adults at risk of severe disease by 89% in a clinical trial.

Pfizer said it completed submission of its application for emergency use authorization (EUA) of the drug, Paxlovid, with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, including data from the drugmaker's clinical trial www.reuters.com...

And what country gets to make the drug ? Remember China makes most drugs these days.

It might be called "progress"?

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
TheRONAtab 🦇

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
It's faster to turn out a product if it's only expected to last three months, tops.

Imagine if Pfizer made cars.

"Our new model will take you from point A to point B 50% of the time. In case of an accident, you have an 80% greater chance of surviving versus being hit as a pedestrian. You will need a new engine every three months."

Brilliant!
May I please copy and paste that to my social media page please?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It also might be called " the morning feel good pill " also.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

I think there was a thread about being shocked at the speed of development of the pill recently

oh wait....same author

are you sure you not been vaccinated as you appear to be showing signs of forgetfulness

NO, just wanted to update the post. You known, people forget quite easily today.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I always tell people that any time they're ready to trust the govt, or any drug manufacturer, or their kindly, benevolent doctor, spend 5 minutes researching Vioxx. Merck, the manufacturer of Vioxx lied repeatedly about clinical trials and the safety of Vioxx. The FDA approved it, and before long, millions of prescriptions were written by doctors who were paid by Merck to push Vioxx. Yes, doctors STILL take bribes from drug companies. Doctors in California alone wrote around 3 million prescriptions.

Merck claimed there were somewhere around 4,000 deaths. The truth is there was 20-30 times more. No one knows for sure, because of the coverups and disinformation campaigns. Researchers still studying this nightmare think there were 120,000 - 140,000 deaths. Source

Merck's lies

The Vioxx cover up

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Only in the mind of the ignorant .

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

oh wait....same author

Are you a Mod ?
Cause they are the ones that make that decision .
Peace out .

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

oh wait....same author

The pill is a combination of ritonavir and the 3CLPro inhibitor PF-07321332. Ritonavir was developed in 1996 as a treatment for HIV/AIDS. It went through all the safety trials decades ago and now has an extensive history of use in the population. That's why the pill was developed so quickly; it was simply an old drug that is already approved for human use that was repurposed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What decision did I make? or what decision are you assuming I even suggested?

peace out

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

What decision did I make? or what decision are you assuming I even suggested?

peace out

Well , perhaps I should elaborate :
Mods don't need to be reminded of what they do .
They have the choice to close multiple threads on a subject or leave them open .
These decisions are made under specific reasons .
There is no need to alert a thread author of it , as most thread authors , and anyone that has been here anytime at all ,would know this .
Now you know .
ANd knowing is half the battle .

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Perhaps 1947boomer's post might make you stand corrected?

A proper cure for the ignorant. I wholeheartedly recommend it to you.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Get your STUFF now.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately there is no change in the vaccine other than oral vs injection .
Progress would be one ring to rule them all .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
I yam what I yam , and that's all that I yam.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Unfortunately there is no change in the vaccine other than oral vs injection .
Progress would be one ring to rule them all .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
I yam what I yam , and that's all that I yam.

You are Popeye the Sailor Man and I claim my £5!

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

oh wait....same author

Why do people not understand that the process has changed over the years. Spending 10 years developing a drug doesn't make it any safer. It just means you are using antiquated ways...lol
edit on 17-11-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join