It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How one Russian machine gunner frightened an entire military column of Georgians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

The footage of a lone machine gunner blocking the way for a convoy of several vehicles with dozens of Georgian servicemen became one of the most famous videos depicting episodes of the 2008 war in South Ossetia. With the light hand of foreign journalists who filmed the incident on camera, this story was dubbed on the network: "300 Spartans are not needed, one is enough."

The recording shows how Georgian officers demand that the Russian soldier let the convoy pass, but he defies persuasion and continues to block the path of enemy vehicles alone. For some time the Georgians stand in indecision, and then the column turns around and leaves in the opposite direction. After a while, Russian troops arrive in several tanks to help the soldier.

The video with the soldier has received millions of views around the world. Tin figurines of a lone machine gunner have even appeared in stores for military collectors. And a petition was posted on the network with a request to present the soldier with the star of the Hero of Russia.

The footage shows a Russian soldier Tasbolat Ibrashev, a Kazakh by nationality, from Astrakhan, now lives in the city of Dmitrov, near Moscow. He served in North Ossetia in the border troops, and then continued to serve under a contract in Chechnya, in the city of Shali, in the 70th Guards Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 42nd Guards Motorized Rifle Division of the Ground Forces of the RF Armed Forces.

“We were raised by alarm. The commander said that we were going to Georgia: there is now a war there and we must help our peacekeepers. We set out that evening, ”Tasbolat said. - We drove all night. In the morning we got to Tskhinvali, where everything was destroyed. Our peacekeeping outpost was especially hit. We were given the task of combing the nearest villages for the presence of an enemy. After this was done, we were put at a checkpoint at the entrance to Gori. We spent two days there until that very column appeared. "

As Ibrashev recalls, that day the company commander sent him and two riflemen to accompany the deputy division commander.

“We drove on a“ tablet ”(UAZ-452 car) to the point where Georgian troops were already approaching - five or six cars, in which there were fully armed people. We got out of the car, I was ordered to stand on the road. Co-workers took up positions nearby, he says. - The commander went to negotiations, I remained standing. The Georgians shouted to me: they say, get out of the way. But how will I leave if I was ordered to stand? "

The negotiations, according to the former military man, lasted about 40 minutes. All this time he stood with a machine gun in an open place, holding several dozen Georgian special forces.

You ask, dear members of the forum, why did I call the Kazakh Russian? It's very simple, you need to know Russian mentality to understand it. A soldier of any nationality in the Russian army considers himself Russian, as he defends a single Motherland and common values.

In 2014-2015, I defended the rights of Russians on Russian soil, which is now called Ukraine and anti-Russia, mainly in the information field. In 2015, I was added to the Nazi site "Peacemaker", where all my personal data were published, and I even saw my name under a red flag in the lists of wanted persons by Interpol at the request of Ukraine. although the last time I was in Ukraine was in 1992. I have a lot of friends who, as part of the people's militia, voluntarily sat in the trenches in the Donbass and defended the Russian world from the aggression of the West.

I was told a story. A Russian and a Kazakh were sitting nearby in the same trench. When asked what the Kazakh was doing in the trench in Dobassa, he replied that he was now Russian. But if someone attacks Kazakhstan from the outside, and sits in a trench and defends a Russian, then this Russian will be Kazakh at that moment. Because we have common values, a common homeland, a common mentality.

Therefore, I call Tasbolat Ibrashev a Russian soldier.

Thanks.
edit on 11-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Is that Stalin risen from the dead to threaten death upon his own people, once again? Just asking for a friend.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: calman787
Is that Stalin risen from the dead to threaten death upon his own people, once again? Just asking for a friend.

If Stalin threatened his people, then his people would hate him. But a stranger hates Stalin))))
Hence the logical conclusion ....))))

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Some historians estimated that the number of people killed by Stalin's regime were around the 20 million mark or higher.

I'm thinking they and there's might may have had plenty of hatred abound for both the man and the regime if im honest.

Considering he killed more innocents than Adolf Hitler or the Nazis.
edit on 11-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Some historians estimated that the number of people killed by Stalin's regime were around the 20 million mark or higher.

I'm thinking they and there's might may have had plenty of hatred abound for both the man and the regime if im honest.

Considering he killed more innocents than Adolf Hitler or the Nazis.

You have interesting historians, you don't even name them.

According to official statistics, from 1928 to 1952, about 600 thousand people were repressed and shot, another 2.5 million were convicted. for 25 years. In the United States, in just 3 years of the Great Depression, statistics were missing about 6.5 million people. Who killed more.
Stalin mainly repressed the 5th column - functionaries 1, 2, 3, the International, employees of international communist organizations and supporters of Trotsky, whom Hitler wanted to make the leader of the USSR after it was conquered by Germany.
That is, Stalin repressed those who are now called the Deep State.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Call it any way you wish RussianTroll, attempting to justify the actions of mad genocidal maniacs is a fools endeavour.

Good luck with that, would you like a spade?

"The estimates, by the historian Roy Medvedev, were printed in the weekly tabloid Argumenti i Fakti, which has a circulation of more than 20 million."

www.nytimes.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.chinafile.com...

Stalin was evil incarnate with a string of unaddressed mental health problems to contend with also.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We consider such historians as Roy Medvedev to be the falsifiers of history bought by the West. In addition, he belongs to the national group that especially hates Stalin. although it was he who saved them during the war from complete extermination.
Russians have their own historians, their own archives and archival materials.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Russia can have as it wishes mate, but it cant have its own facts, as they belong to the world and history in general.

Like i suggest attempt to call it however you wish, but you will never hide the actions of your man Stalin anymore than you will Mao, Hitler or Churchill.

Dont matter if the number is 6 million, 9 million, or 20 million, as those deaths arose from his policies and actions.

The man put together and orchestrated a killing machine that imprisoned and tortured his citizens.

As to the real numbers, those would seem rather impossible or impractical to calculate accurately down to the fact that concealment of the numbers was a part of the machine he created.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Russians can have as it wishes mate, but it cant have its own facts, as they belong to the world and history in general.

Like i suggest attempt to call it however you wish, but you will never hide the actions of your man Stalin anymore than you will Mao, Hitler or Churchill.

Dont matter if the number is 6 million, 9 million, or 20 million, as those deaths arose from his policies and actions.

What are the facts? The fantasies of the Western intelligence services for the Discredit of Russia? Our history is primarily ours.

By the way, Roy Medvedev has never been a historian. he is a candidate of pedagogical sciences. His father, a regimental commissar, was arrested in 1938 and sentenced to 8 years in prison for belonging to a counterrevolutionary Trotskyist organization, "smuggling Trotskyism" in textbooks compiled and edited by him. died in custody.
Roy Medvedev was a communist, member of the CPSU Central Committee, dissident, Trotskyist, supporter of the world revolution. He belonged to the radical left of the opposition in the USSR and lived in London. Such as he repressed Stalin.
Here is your "historian"))))

edit on 11-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Roy Medvedev interpretations of the man aside.

Fact is Stalin was a mad bastard of the first order.

There is no real dispute about it as history plainly illustrates.

www.latimes.com...
slate.com...
www.britannica.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

As an old rocker, let me remind you of an old song " Look At Yourself" by a group "Uriah Heep" called

You will not be able to piss me off with such stupid provocations. Don't waste your time. Russians in their history have already experienced so many tragedies that we have immunity to such things)))

By the way, you have deviated very much from the topic of this thread. Are you not afraid that moderators will delete your comments as "off topic"?)))

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

More historians than Medvedev say that stalin was a worthless lying POS that killed millions, and they weren't bought by the west.

Also stalin didn't save sh@@, the winters saved russia and hilters ego by not listening to his generals. That and lend lease program.

stalins words at the Tehran conference in 1943,

"I want to tell you what, from the Russian point of view, the president and the United States have done for victory in this war," Stalin said. "The most important things in this war are the machines.... The United States is a country of machines. Without the machines we received through Lend-Lease, we would have lost the war."

khrushchev said the same and also said that stalin expressed that opinion to him in his memoirs.

"If the United States had not helped us, we would not have won the war," he wrote in his memoirs. "One-on-one against Hitler's Germany, we would not have withstood its onslaught and would have lost the war. No one talks about this officially, and Stalin never, I think, left any written traces of his opinion, but I can say that he expressed this view several times in conversations with me."

But I guess both of those leaders were bought off by the west.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Im not the one that mentioned Stalin i simply pointed out what he is and provided links to support my supposition.

Why would i be attempting to "Piss you off"?

I simply dont hold with the same opinion you seem to harbour regarding genocidal maniacs.

Russians are the same as anybody else, as people tend to be more similar than different no matter what they claim.

So there is that.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Do not want to return to the topic of the thread and discuss the Kazakh Tasbolat Ibrashev. and not a native of the Georgian city of Gori Joseph Stalin (Soso Dzhugashvili)?)))))

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

If you wish, i read your thread RussianTroll, interesting as always, i just did not have anything else to add regarding Ibrashev actions that seemed pertinent.

As to where Stalin is concerned, it would be rather remiss not to point out his actions and antics, when the mans name comes up.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dozens of Georgian servicemen????
I can go one better. In the First world war there was an American servicemen, Alvin Callum York, he attacked a German machine gun nest capturing 35 machine guns, killing at least 25 enemy combatants and accepted the surrender of 123 men. He then had to have help in guarding them.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Dozens of Georgian servicemen????
I can go one better. In the First world war there was an American servicemen, Alvin Callum York, he attacked a German machine gun nest capturing 35 machine guns, killing at least 25 enemy combatants and accepted the surrender of 123 men. He then had to have help in guarding them.

n October 1918, Private First Class (Acting Corporal) York was one of a group of seventeen soldiers assigned to infiltrate German lines and silence a machine gun position. After the American patrol had captured a large group of enemy soldiers, German small arms fire killed six Americans and wounded three. Several of the Americans returned fire while others guarded the prisoners. York and the other Americans attacked the machine gun position, killing several German soldiers.[3] The German officer responsible for the machine gun position had emptied his pistol while firing at York but failed to hit him. This officer then offered to surrender and York accepted. York and his men marched back to their unit's command post with more than 130 prisoners. York was later promoted to sergeant and was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross. An investigation resulted in the upgrading of the award to the Medal of Honor. York's feat made him a national hero and international celebrity among allied nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Amazing story!

top topics

join