It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow is the best city in the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Moscow was awarded two awards in the field of tourism at the European stage of the World Travel Awards. The organizers announced this on Friday on the website of the award.

The Russian capital won the Best Travel Destination in Europe. City category, beating Amsterdam, Barcelona, ​​Berlin, Geneva, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Rome, St. Petersburg, Venice and Vienna. The award in the nomination "The best urban organization in the field of tourism in Europe" went to the Moscow Committee for Tourism. At this year's competition, the capital was presented in several more categories, including "The world's best destination for a city break", "The best destination for festival and event tourism in Europe", "The best tourist destination for studying historical heritage." This was reported by the leading Prssiyskiy news agency ITAR-TASS.

Moscow, for the second time in a row, won the Best City in Europe competition in 2021.

Its rivals were Amsterdam, Barcelona, ​​Berlin, Geneva, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Rome, St. Petersburg, Venice, Vienna.

Moscow is competing with the rest of the best cities in the world from Europe. In the past, in 2019 and 2020, Moscow has already taken the title of the best city in the world.

Prior to that, St. Petersburg was recognized as the best city, and now it is in the top three cities www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back in 1964, the best bel canto. lyric tenor of the world, soloist of the Milan Opera Muslim Magomayev sang about Moscow)))

Thanks.
edit on 8-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Hi RT,

While you're online

You mentioned serving in the Soviet Army. I'm curious if you ever served in the Frunze or Almaty regions? Just wondering what your impression of these areas was, if you were there.

I've heard some interesting tales about Almaty -- something about a Soviet expedition that encountered "wild men" in the mountains by Almaty.

Thanks.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
But St. Petersburg is the most fun.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wow, Moscow did well for a city in Idaho ...

OH you meant MOSKVA

Good on Moskva.

I have to be honest though. I'd be more interested in the countryside just west of Moskva, where the Soviet counterattack took place in late 1941.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hi RT,

While you're online

You mentioned serving in the Soviet Army. I'm curious if you ever served in the Frunze or Almaty regions? Just wondering what your impression of these areas was, if you were there.

I've heard some interesting tales about Almaty -- something about a Soviet expedition that encountered "wild men" in the mountains by Almaty.

Thanks.

Cheers

Hello my friend. Unfortunately, I have not served in these areas. I studied at the Azerbaijan Institute of Oil and Chemistry, the second most rated university in the USSR. We had a military department, where I studied for 4 years in the specialty "Commander of a platoon of radiation, bacteriological and chemical reconnaissance." After training, before the fifth year, I served for 45 days, after which I took the oath and I was awarded the rank of Lieutenant.
I served on the border with Iran, in the city of Lankaran on the territory of a tank regiment. Those were wonderful days. Nearby there was a military town of border guards, where relatives of border guards from all over Russia came to rest in the summer. Together with daughters)))
You understand?? Sea, beach, sand, subtropics, girls, wine, guitar, songs ...
If not for one thing - half of us fell ill with Jaundice (hepatitis 1) in 2 weeks, and they were taken to a hospital in Baku.
For the rest, serving in the army has become one of the best memories in life)))

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
But St. Petersburg is the most fun.

Oh, Saint Petersburg is the most liberal city in Russia. You have presented the clip "Shnur", the songs of which contain profanity through the word (mat). But his predecessor was Yuri Shevchuk and the DDT group.
See them wedge of the late 80s

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
RT,

Have you ever been to Lake Seliger? Looks like a beautiful place, especially the island with the monastery on it.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
RT,

Have you ever been to Lake Seliger? Looks like a beautiful place, especially the island with the monastery on it.

Cheers

No, I was not. But there are many more beautiful places in Karelia. Karelia is a miracle. If I had the opportunity, I would build a cottage there from logs and live there)))

The US Northwest is beautiful too. Border with Canada - Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana. Super!!!

edit on 8-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Profanity? Mr Shnurov? I cannot believe it!

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Profanity? Mr Shnurov? I cannot believe it!

This is sheer profanity. Now there, about which Shnurov sang, they send liberals who are massively fleeing from Russia to Europe and the United States in the hope of big money, but forced to work there as dishwashers)))

edit on 8-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The fact that "Shnurov" put on a tailcoat and a bow tie on his shirt does not mean anything. He remained a cattle.
Here is the man. who really wore a classic suit, a tailcoat and a bow tie instead of a tie - Muslim Magomayev, my fellow countryman from Baku, the best "bel canto" lyric tenor in the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

World Travel Awards – the leading authority that recognises and rewards excellence in travel and tourism – has revealed its Europe 2021 winners.

Greece, with its resurgent travel and tourism economy, was voted ‘Europe’s Leading Destination’, Portugal’s Algarve was named ‘Europe’s Leading Beach Destination’, and the Azores took ‘Europe’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination’.
www.traveldailynews.com...

Guess there must be more than one World Travel Awards.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

World Travel Awards – the leading authority that recognises and rewards excellence in travel and tourism – has revealed its Europe 2021 winners.

Greece, with its resurgent travel and tourism economy, was voted ‘Europe’s Leading Destination’, Portugal’s Algarve was named ‘Europe’s Leading Beach Destination’, and the Azores took ‘Europe’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination’.
www.traveldailynews.com...

Guess there must be more than one World Travel Awards.

Of course, there are many nominations, but the main one is one. And she this year at Moscow.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

edit on 8-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: Removed due to duplication

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I personally prefer ghrazdanin khil

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Your President sure is better than ours. That's for sure. Can't wait for the official comparison of Putin vs Biden to be published.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Vodka, hot women, good music.no par Ruski but I do speak €100.
Sign me up.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I spent time there in 1993. 3 months. Just after the fall of the USSR/communism. I was there to see the last time of the changing of the guard at Lenin's tomb.
I would LOVE to go back there and see all the changes!!! I have actually gone on Google Maps/Google Earth and 'drove' around to see the changes, but I want to see it in person.

It is at the top of my bucket list.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Real talent without bull# is spiritually lifting. I love the Red army choir I hope they still have one after that dreadful plane crash.

edit on 8-11-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Never been Russia / Soviet Union but fascinated by your last 104 years, your space programme and your Vostok, Poljot, Luch, Probeda, Slava watches. A mate who went to cruise around the Baltics got a train from St Petersburg to Moscow, he said he'd never seen as many beautiful women as he encountered in Russia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join