It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about - Antarctica

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: HawkEyi

You know they burned Giordano Bruno at the stake for claiming the world was a sphere, there will always be nut cases in both camp's.

Actually, that wasn't why. The sphericity of our planet was known - and accepted by the Church - for hundreds of years before Bruno was even born.
As usual, you exhibit little concern for the facts.

originally posted by: LABTECH767You do NOT know that it never happened and I do not know that it DID

Don't you see the flat-out ignorance of this statement? I mean, I could say ANYTHING AT ALL and support it with what you say here.

originally posted by: LABTECH767but I do know that there are persistent rumours dating back decades, that Bird made a speech in Argentina warning of aircraft that could fly from pole to pole as well as an earlier warning that was more believable about aircraft that could cross the poles (a reality during the cold war) and pose a threat to the US and it's allies, I also know that he then disappeared after being told to shut his mouth following that warning to the world he gave in Argentina and was not seen until the 1950's when he was in a psychiatric facility.

Little concern for the facts, again.
Maybe read a biography of the guy. He wasn't in any psychiatric facility. He was in charge of the establishment of the first permanent Antarctic bases in 1955, and he died at home in 1956.

Harte
edit on 12/5/2021 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

If my source was incorrect on that Psychiatric facility or WARD as they put it then fine I accept that bit.

Also missed you hopping in.

I like to think of it in Mark Twains words though, Politicians and Baby's Diapers need changing regularly and for the same reason, I believe that Forrestal was a good man and more of a career military guy than a politician but he ended up getting on the wrong side of someone by the sound of things, yes he officially jumped after suffering depression but others denied that and called it a lie even back then.

As for Bird I believe the so called Diary that is a favourite of flat earthers was fake and deliberate disinformation so someone wanted to discredit the guy.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

hahaha paahhhlease

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Harte

If my source was incorrect on that Psychiatric facility or WARD as they put it then fine I accept that bit.

Also missed you hopping in.

I like to think of it in Mark Twains words though, Politicians and Baby's Diapers need changing regularly and for the same reason, I believe that Forrestal was a good man and more of a career military guy than a politician but he ended up getting on the wrong side of someone by the sound of things, yes he officially jumped after suffering depression but others denied that and called it a lie even back then.

As for Bird I believe the so called Diary that is a favourite of flat earthers was fake and deliberate disinformation so someone wanted to discredit the guy.

It's certainly a fake, as it places him at one pole when it's documented he was at the other.
Probably you should look into exactly when that diary came out before you jump headlong into some conspiracy theory.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I have to admit that I have never thought about this. But now that you bring it up I can see that it is strange.

Why don't we mine there? Or as you said why doesn't anyone have a big tourist site there?

What about collecting pure snow from there and shipping it to areas that need fresh water?

By the way that has always been my plan. If I ever attain millions of dollars I want to start a company that collects the fresh water that is melting into the sea and ship it to places that need water. Trillions of gallons of melt water flows through antarctica.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The ice itself is always moving and generating massive amounts of energy.

If only we had a way to harness that energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join