It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruelty Inc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Sometimes, a gift can be given with ulterior motives- like when people expect something back. And they will hold it over your head, continuously remind you, and treat you like they "own" you after giving such gifts/help/favors. This is part of grooming I think.

I personally believe that helping others without asking for anything in return (even needing a "thank you") is the most kind act a person can do.

But that doesn't mean that you should be able to force your gifts on people without regard to how it makes them feel. Even if how they feel does not match your true intentions; like when I really meant well and I was responded to with anger and accusations, that does not mean I should not consider how they feel? I still consider.

I'm just asking people to wonder if maybe they could be a little more considerate, that's all. And empathetic.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your opinions...we can learn from each other!

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: alexandrae

A man was collecting "will work for food."

Handed him a burger, fries, drink n desert from fast food across the street.

He looked at it and said " What Am I supposed to do with THIS?"
(Because it wasn't CASH).

Kind of crushes the spirit of giving. And, I always give....

That is how the homeless in DC are....or used to be. They want money for drugs/alcohol. And when you offer food to them, they can be complete assholes about it and reject it.
But they are mostly mentally ill/addicts, so you cannot expect them to be in their right mind.
You cannot expect these people to react with normal rational reactions....they are completely incapable of it.

As far as what the OP is talking about.....
Many people are suffering from all kinds of things....either permanently or just having a bad day. You just cannot take this stuff personally. Toughen up and move on. If these are people in your life every day like frineds/family....remove them. Get the toxic out!

<< 1   >>

join