It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to sell comics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I was a wood-elf druid in EQ. Kiting wyverns is my last memory of EQ questing.

TRAIN TO ENTRANCE!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

This triggered a memory since I responded. I think I've seen you post somewhat quirky anecdotes before so maybe you'll appreciate this.

I was thinking death knight from WOW, but eventually I remembered the EQ version. The first person I met in EQ was a 15 year old girl and she was playing a shadow knight. She was into writing so I ended up giving her my email, reading her stories over the years, and giving her input. I eventually met her in person during a trip to visit another friend. She ended up with a PhD in psych and has been married for longer than me now. I'm not sure if she's been published in anything major, it's been a few years and I haven't been in touch. I believe she'd been in some smaller sci-fi or fantasy zines.

This is prompting me to send her an email to catch up. Thought you might appreciate the story. Are you still in touch with people you met on EQ or Ultima or any of the early mmo?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

1 box down, not as bad as I thought. I came across some 80's Batman and some confusing titles that I likely failed to catalog correctly. I should have a list out to those that sent an email within a week or so.

My intent was to sort the list into publisher, title, number, and then include how many copies and retail estimate if available for more expensive titles. Does this make sense? If there is another bit of data you need it would be helpful to include it now. Things aren't in order so I still have time to add info as I sort.

I'm seeing a lot of titles that have low double digit prices on the sleeve. I'm not tracking them for price so if anybody is looking to resell there could be potential. I'm not convinced sleeve price at retail is accurate though, but you will know better than I.

I sincerely appreciate the help and I'll be tossing in some things if anybody buys. I'll hold off on sending the list to the prospective corporate buyers for a week or two while you all look through. I'd much rather send it to one of you than a random company, so even if you think your offer would be too low you should try me. I would like nothing more than to send this to sebody that can subsequently make a few bucks on selling what they don't want.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thats Awesome!

I met some really great people playing EQ,
My best friend actually introduced me to the game and here we are in our forties still talking about this pve raid or that pvp bout..

We started on Rallos zek..

Straight pvp .. and if I kill you I get all your coin and one piece of equipped armor that I choose. Unless it was no-drop.. but there was not alot of easily come by quality no-drop items back then.

I played a shaman, Kauffin Upyerloot.

Malose, blind, dot dot dot, and then alternate blinds and poison nukes till finished..

The blind makes your opponent unable to safely bag loot .

When they closed the rallos zek server, I started over and played with the pve raid guild "hellfire club'
On my warrior with his 2.0. Decimator Dessimus Decimates.

To answer your question I still am best friends with the guy who introduced me to the game but I do not really talk to in game friends anymore.

a reply to: Ksihkehe

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 1   >>

join