It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is watching us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So, you remember when smartphones started becoming common and stuff?

Do you remember the questions, is this device spying on me?

Do you remember when you first thought, of course the device is "spying" on me, its just to target adds and do market research.

Well how the hell this happens?

I do not own or use a smartphone,
i do not speak out loud what products i have bought,
I do not use a card to pay my products, only cash,
The devices in my home, computer,console,tv, can not see the products i bring home.

Still when i log to fakebook to check out some of my hobby groups, i get ads for the products i just brought home, very specific.

This aint funny anymore.

I have long suspected that they have released a highly advanced AI, and it has access to everything, it can see and identify you with just traffic/surveillance cams for example, and it can make a complete profile of everyone of us.

So in a couple of years, i am going to ask you,
do you remember when you realized they know absolutely everything about you and more?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I a reply to: XipeTotex

I read something a long while back, so I don't remember the details, but it was about how all products would one day have bar codes that could be scanned remotely.

That smart homes would be able to tell the owners what items they were low on, or needed, and a feature where it could automatically be ordered and delivered to the home.

Maybe we are in beta testing phase now.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The state of CA is definately listening to my conversations via my smart phone. I was listening to Pandora, and painting my camper with my grandsons assistance. His first painting assignment, he needed alot of instruction. I must have said the word ‘paint’ 50 times, as it, get my paint on your brush, dont let the paint drip, wipe that paint drip off the driveway…. on and on…

I got a public service announcement from the state of CA during the Pandora commercials break. It was advising me that disposing of paint improperly in CA is illegal and what to do with my leftover.

Ive never heard another warning from the state like that. Im sure it was not a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

yeah i have read about those too, but my home is not smart, old house, with old stuff.

So some program spots and identifies me just by my face by comparing it, most likely to my drivers licence, the only thing in my possession that exists in a digital form also.

It is likely that every system has backdoors and this AI is just flying all over the place, hoarding data.

Only way it makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Did you go online to research any of the items that you eventually purchased? It's so easy to track people on the Internet they don't have to go to the trouble of spying in the physical world.

Another one that gets me is loyalty cards. I have one for the grocery store and an auto parts store. I can tell you Kroger knows more about my eating habits than they have a right to. But, in return, I get 10 cents off per gallon of fuel.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Did you go online to research any of the items that you eventually purchased? It's so easy to track people on the Internet they don't have to go to the trouble of spying in the physical world.

Another one that gets me is loyalty cards. I have one for the grocery store and an auto parts store. I can tell you Kroger knows more about my eating habits than they have a right to. But, in return, I get 10 cents off per gallon of fuel.

Thats the thing, no researching online, like foods, i just come up with a plan in my head, sometimes in the store and prepare a meal, or tools or other stuff i use, it can take years before i need to replace a product, but they know it when i do replace it.

Edit, no loyalty cards, just cash and i am on my way.
edit on 31-10-2021 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Most of us are just average normal people with the same life enjoyments and challenges.

Billions of us are spied upon daily. It's only for marketing purposes.

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies always need to get a warrant to access a terrorists data on Google and AT&t. Oftentimes they are turned down.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I suspect whats happening is far above law enforcement agencies.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I suspect whats happening is far above law enforcement agencies.

You mentioned Facebook. That's something I don't do so they have nothing on me. I use Brave as my browser which does a reasonable job blocking things. I use duckduckgo as my search engine although I don't trust them anymore now.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's the toaster spying on you.and the coffee maker is in on it too...
Seriously though, I hear you. Despite the fact I have some smart devices.I usually leave them at home...even my phone occasionally. And that doesn't seem to stop the ads that come up for products I literally just bought or targeted to services based on conversations I had nowhere near any device.
I'm starting to suspect we've all been bugged with a listening implant device..(Speculative Sarcasm )

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
no such thing as A.I. more likely to be national insecurity what with the limitless backdoors inbuilt specifically for said purpose...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I hear these kinds of stories all of the time from people I know. One person told me that they went to a store, picked up an item to look at it and considered buying it, but didn't. After they got home and got on the internet, ads for the item that they were CONSIDERING purchasing popped up. The thought was that maybe our smartphones have the ability to pick up information off of barcodes around us?

You said that you don't have a smartphone, but do you have a cell phone of any kind that you carry with you at all times?

I wonder if some of the items we purchase have some kind of small wireless devices installed in them that our laptops or cellphones are capable of picking up.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I personally intend to bore them to death...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex Maybe the smart chip isn’t in your home. Vaccinated by any chance? Maybe it’s in you!

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thats the thing, no researching online, like foods, i just come up with a plan in my head, sometimes in the store and prepare a meal, or tools or other stuff i use, it can take years before i need to replace a product, but they know it when i do replace it.

One possibility to consider is: Why did you buy this particular product?

For instance, why did you choose this time to replace a specific tool(or whatever)?

It could have to do with a sort of subliminal messaging that initially put the thought in your mind which then led to you thinking:
"I think it's about time to replace my ********."

edit on 10/31/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Even though I don't know what type of product you're talking about, this still may be a better example of what I was trying to say in my previous post...

originally posted by: Deetermined

I hear these kinds of stories all of the time from people I know. One person told me that they went to a store, picked up an item to look at it and considered buying it, but didn't. After they got home and got on the internet, ads for the item that they were CONSIDERING purchasing popped up. The thought was that maybe our smartphones have the ability to pick up information off of barcodes around us?

Regardless of what type of product this was, since they didn't purchase it, then it was obviously something that they didn't actually need at the time.

So where did they initially get the idea from in the first place, that made them think about possibly buying such a product?

It could be that the thought originated from subliminal messaging that they received while reading specific articles online.

Maybe it was just those same ads that they noticed once they got back home, after they had considered buying said product. They just didn't consciously notice those ads previously. Then afterwards, they noticed the ads once they got home, but they had been there all along.

The ads could just be one part of the subliminal message. There could have been other subtle hints towards this product buried within the articles they were reading. Another part of the equation could come from things hidden in videos (online or TV).

Just various things combined together that are designed to get you/me/us/whoever to think about a specific idea, or a specific type of product.

edit on 10/31/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Now look what showed up on my feed.

Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thank God, you were starting to bore me to death.
Take care

originally posted by: chr0naut

I personally intend to bore them to death...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Because you searched...they are always there.

They own the lines from pole, dish, stats...what did you expect?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join