It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F# You Zuckerberg!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Facebook is crap. Horny dumb people. Who wants to talk with them?
People who want to talk about the riddles of the universe usually don't ask 'do you want to see my chunk wiggle'
They can all stay where they are.
But meta and metaverse is cutting edge exploration territory.
You can't just buy that.

Horny dumb people? Wow generalize much?

I use Facebook and I am not what you claim. I use it to keep in touch with friends around the world most of whom I met on ATS many years ago.

I am also always getting banned for stupid crap and I find it hilarious at this point.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Facebook is crap. Horny dumb people. Who wants to talk with them?
People who want to talk about the riddles of the universe usually don't ask 'do you want to see my chunk wiggle'
They can all stay where they are.
But meta and metaverse is cutting edge exploration territory.
You can't just buy that.

Horny dumb people? Wow generalize much?

I use Facebook and I am not what you claim. I use it to keep in touch with friends around the world most of whom I met on ATS many years ago.

I am also always getting banned for stupid crap and I find it hilarious at this point.

Same. I use it to keep in touch with old school friends as that is their social media of choice, and new friends I've made in groups there. Online friendships can be the best and in my experience I've never had a better support network.
On topic, if the site falls too far down into the matrix to be general user friendly I may have to part ways. I'm not into the whole virtual reality thing and I don't wish to transfer my identity to a Sim.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Let's agree on one generalisation: it sucks.
I would never talk about private stuff on social media.
It's a Kraken. It invades every aspect of people's lives. It analyses you. And sells you.
It's obviously not just FB.
But that's reality. 'I don't mind I'm not guilty of anything' is completely besides the point.
Which is control. Programming the user with dopamine and adrenaline.

I'm not saying he is stupid or some kind of super villain. Just too cold and rational.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Whatever he calls it, I can't escape from it.

I unwisely joined about 12 years ago. My account is lying dormant just waiting for reactivation.

Terrifying.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2021 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I unwisely joined about 12 years ago. My account is lying dormant just waiting for reactivation.

Same here. I made the poor decision to join when FB was becoming a thing. Hit full reverse when it became blatantly clear what they're about, but it was too late. Was able to deactivate my account as well, but NOT delete it.

Some believe that even Hell can be escaped. But FB? Sorry kids, in is in.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And I shall call him "M" for Mark or Meta.

Look out "Q".

I really didn't see the need to change the FB name. It doesn't need advertisements... the world knows it as Facebook. What was pressing that they needed to change the name.

Well they are the Data Collectors. May as well name Facebook what it really is.. just a huge tracking data collector.
edit on 29-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I saw him on the tube yesterday, announcing this name change. Promoting the virtual reality that they say they are offering. And above it all, was it a spokesman, spokeswoman, giving the promotion?

No, it was himself. Presenting the everlasting image of himself, so innocent, so childlike with that little cropped hair cut he wears. So fresh and innocent. Did I just use the word innocent twice? Guess I did. There's noting to fear there, not from him, he is so innocent and non-volatile. He would never harm a flea. Can't we just live him? Like our favorite nephew who wants to help people. Like our sweet little nerd of a boyfriend who would never harm us. Sweet innocent Zuker.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

...Deta

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes,
I saw this and was.... not sure how to feel about his involvement.

Like everyone has been saying. Don't like it, Don't use it. However Meta is getting thier hands on previous franchises that gamers have enjoyed for years.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

...Deta

Oh dear! Did I typo????😨😨😨

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No because meta, meta+data= Deta

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
I dunno...

What's a meta you?

Bullwinkle?

I thought of Moose & Squirrel only after I posted, but it was probably somewhere in the back of my mind. Who knows whats a back there?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No because meta, meta+data= Deta

Now I gots ya👍🏼🤗

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
I dunno...

What's a meta you?

Bullwinkle?

Lol... this is a Badenov joke as it is.....

DAD!

Boris joke.😑
I'll see myself out😑

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
F# You Zuckerberg!

Your thinking of it wrong.

Zuckerberg and ALL his litle snipclown followers can have VR.

That will leave the real world to us.

So many problems solved.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Same dude.
It was a heartbreaking experience when I was forced to make a fb profile In order to use my oculus quest 2.
But I did it anyways.
And that has literally been the only thing I’ve used it for, just logging in.
I don’t send friend requests or any of that hoopla when I’m playing a VR game.

I don't think many people get that concept.. only reason I have a Facebook account also...

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Same dude.
It was a heartbreaking experience when I was forced to make a fb profile In order to use my oculus quest 2.
But I did it anyways.
And that has literally been the only thing I’ve used it for, just logging in.
I don’t send friend requests or any of that hoopla when I’m playing a VR game.

I don't think many people get that concept.. only reason I have a Facebook account also...

That's what sunk the sale for me on an OQ2 when we looked into it -- if it needs an FB account, then I don't need to buy it.

At this rate, VR has all but lost it's allure for me, and I was bigger than all F on it when ti debuted because of the potential to immerse myself fully into any given Myst game.

Not if I have to make that deal with the devil, though. That amusement is just NOT worth that leash.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

In Oculus, you can disable most things so the fb account basically remains as a payment portal. That you never have to directly access again. It really hasn't been any issue for me. So don't understand your concerns.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Nyiah

In Oculus, you can disable most things so the fb account basically remains as a payment portal. That you never have to directly access again. It really hasn't been any issue for me. So don't understand your concerns.

Don't give a #, I dumped my FB account almost a decade ago and have no intentions of getting a new one.

Especially for a damn TOY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join