It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken and the Egg.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was thinking about the Chicken and the egg last night , I'm not a evolutionist or a religious person. But if you think about it , It was the chicken that came 1st here on Earth which means it was created by who or what or where I don't know . Thought I figured it out but even if the chicken was placed here it came from an egg somewhere else .

Every species on this planet has one purpose and that is to recycle organic matter.

Now just what does whatever or whoever get from Earth's Organic matter is Earth just a gigantic mineral mine ?

edit on 26-10-2021 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ugh, the "chicken and the egg" paradox was actually SOLVED way back in the mid-20th, after the discovery of DNA.

The ANSWER IS: The EGG

The REASON IS: Since DNA does not change throughout the lifespan of an animal, whatever gave birth to the first chicken (in the egg) WAS NOT a chicken.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It was the egg, the chicken came from cross breeding jungle fowl.

Lots of info on the internet about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

So your saying by whatever hatched the egg that made the Chicken was a different species?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Then there must have been two eggs, two the same so they could breed
Meh, endless argument, dunning Kruger effect on its way
3 2 1

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You mean Liquid Chicken came first?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The "chicken" already exists...the "egg" only has the "potential" to become a "chicken"...which already exists

edit on 10212331America/ChicagoTue, 26 Oct 2021 10:07:23 -050007202100000023 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The Chicken had to be manufactured at some point to fill a recycling nitch .

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

So your saying by whatever hatched the egg that made the Chicken was a different species?

Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As far as i understand it the chicken as we know it came from 2 chicken-like birds from a long time ago, that mated and through evolution became the chicken. They were a grey bird and a red bird and one laid eggs and the other didn't if i remember right.

I remember reading about it in a book a long time ago, before the internet was about

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

But by that logic that would mean it was possible for 2 people of one race could have a child that was a totally different race .

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What about the zillion other species that lay eggs? (zillion being an approximation, of course
)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Birds evolved from Dinosaurs which came before the chicken and also laid eggs to reproduce , so the egg came first.

The evidence is in the chickens scaly legs.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I was thinking about the Chicken and the egg last night , I'm not a evolutionist or a religious person. But if you think about it , It was the chicken that came 1st here on Earth which means it was created by who or what or where I don't know . Thought I figured it out but even if the chicken was placed here it came from an egg somewhere else .

Every species on this planet has one purpose and that is to recycle organic matter.

Now just what does whatever or whoever get from Earth's Organic matter is Earth just a gigantic mineral mine ?

Chickens are just tiny dinosaurs, where did the dinosaurs come from?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Birds evolved from Dinosaurs which came before the chicken and also laid eggs to reproduce , so the egg came first.

The evidence is in the chickens scaly legs.

I've been saying this since I was a child (my Missus would have you believe that I'm still a child, but I digress)

Nowhere in the question has ever specified which animal the egg came from, ergo, egg came first, by a good margin, 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Not only where did they come from but why ?
There's no purpose other then recycling organic materials. The same as every other species on this planet. I mean take the aardvark it was designed to eat/recycle ants and termites. It would have died of starvation before it developed its form designed for its purpose. It was created there was a reason it was needed .

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

a reply to: panoz77

You beat me to it. Yep, dinosaurs are the grandaddy of our bird species.

As to where dinosaurs come from is still a mystery.

From Natural History Museum

Dinosaurs are one of the most successful groups of animals to have roamed the planet.

For over 170 million years they dominated the land, from small creatures just a few feet long to some of the largest animals ever to have walked Earth.

But despite their long evolutionary history, the origin of dinosaurs remains shrouded in mystery. When did dinosaurs evolve, and what did the first ones look like?

OR

I'm going to go out on a drumstick and say that chickens were created by Colonel Sanders to start his Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise. Dinosaur legs were just too big for the fryers and deep-fried eggs would have been a fail!

Also, has anyone noticed how Colonel Sanders has a Godlike appearance, white beard and everything...

What the pluck, it's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

edit on 26/10/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Ugh, the "chicken and the egg" paradox was actually SOLVED way back in the mid-20th, after the discovery of DNA.

The REASON IS: Since DNA does not change throughout the lifespan of an animal, whatever gave birth to the first chicken (in the egg) WAS NOT a chicken.

Ummm...your both wrong...

It was neither the chicken or the egg...

Twas the Rooster...he came first...

And was severely henpecked for the intransigence...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Not wanting to distract and derail this topic, but you reminded me of a rooster joke.

Joke Of The Day: Kenny the Rooster

Sorry, leaving now...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Your argument is "evolution must be true, therefore it must be the egg". Yet all of your premises are either assumptions or known to be untrue. DNA does change expression during an organisms lifetime, and we've found that these epigenetic alterations are Inheritable.

It's not like there's a gene for "ok now your egg is going to have a shell and you're gonna lay it outside your body". Evolutionary theory fails to depict reality because were realize the interdependence of the facets within the genetic code, and also its interdependence with other biological features. Assuming "evolution did it" is not actual evidence
edit on 26-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join