It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Customer Bad Customer Service Catch 22

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

It also depends where you live. These type of jobs that don't require education are paying barely enough to survive. Good luck saving and trying to better yourself.

People are tired of working 40 hours for a bad job that pays just enough to not be homeless.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As someone who has worked in pharmacy, I don't think your reaction was justified. As you yourself has said this is for a heavy narcotic, meaning it's a Schedule C2. These prescriptions cannot be prescribed with refills, many states do not allow them to be sent electronically, and no states allow them to be taken over the phone. If the doctor screws up the prescription most pharmacists will not allow corrections to be given over the phone as it is their license on the line.

So, if the doctor didn't send over the script the day before or sent over a script with a mistake on it, then that pharmacist went above and beyond to make sure they got the correct script while you were waiting. It's possible the really stuck their neck out and filled the script without having the actual prescription in hand with a promise from the doctor it would be sent over later.

And it sounds like they did this during a busy time as well. To me it sounds like you've got a good pharmacist there that actually cares. It's so sad that they get all the crap directed at them when doctors screw up. Something that happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: joejack1949
$14-17 is little pay. Even if you're a 19 year old kid working nights and weekends during school, you'd barely cover rent, let alone expenses, tuition, etc.

I'd be curious to hear what you call good pay?

Obviously this depends on how to define "good," and where you live. If you're happy owning nothing and having no hope of improving your quality of life, $14-17 an hour might be sufficient. Where I live you can't buy a detached home for less than $600K and 1 bedroom apartments start around $1500 per month. Let's say you have two earners who want to buy a home with a 20% down payment. They need a $120,000 down payment and a household income of $160K (approximately). Therefore I think "good" incomes start around $80K per year, or $40 an hour.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

As someone who has worked in pharmacy, I don't think your reaction was justified. As you yourself has said this is for a heavy narcotic, meaning it's a Schedule C2. These prescriptions cannot be prescribed with refills, many states do not allow them to be sent electronically, and no states allow them to be taken over the phone. If the doctor screws up the prescription most pharmacists will not allow corrections to be given over the phone as it is their license on the line.

So, if the doctor didn't send over the script the day before or sent over a script with a mistake on it, then that pharmacist went above and beyond to make sure they got the correct script while you were waiting. It's possible the really stuck their neck out and filled the script without having the actual prescription in hand with a promise from the doctor it would be sent over later.

And it sounds like they did this during a busy time as well. To me it sounds like you've got a good pharmacist there that actually cares. It's so sad that they get all the crap directed at them when doctors screw up. Something that happens all the time.

I had actually called ahead of time and talked to the pharmacist that the prescription was ready, so how do you explain that?

It was also not a refill, it was a one time first prescription.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Did you specifically ask about that prescription or did you just ask if your mother had prescriptions for pick-up?

Did you drop off the new prescription on a previous date or did the doctor send it over? From what the pharmacist said, it sounds like the doctor sent over the wrong script and then the pharmacist busted their ass to make sure it got filled while you waited.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Did you specifically ask about that prescription or did you just ask if your mother had prescriptions for pick-up?

Did you drop off the new prescription on a previous date or did the doctor send it over? From what the pharmacist said, it sounds like the doctor sent over the wrong script and then the pharmacist busted their ass to make sure it got filled while you waited.

I called and asked if my moms prescription was ready, she asked me if it was xx I said yes. She said it is ready. I did not even realize there was another prescription waiting since it was one that was sent a month prior (just some lidocaine back patches) That is the one they filled when I went in.

The Doctor had sent over the medication the day before, she was in the hospital at that time and then released home. So I called the next day while she was at home to pick it up. When I go there and ask for her prescription, they give me the patches, not the narcotic. Then when I ask why the pharmacist says the stuff about my doctor. What I am getting at, if it was truly not ready, tell me that on the phone. If there’s more than one prescription, do you only fill one for the person? Don’t you even ask? I’ve read reviews on this place and it doesn’t seem like I’m the exception, it seems they are severely understaffed and maybe even incompetent.

Back to the original point, I’ve never had to specifically list out the meds ever. I don’t take any, but having kids and a husband that does I have picked up my share of medicines. Never in my life have they only picked and gave me what they felt like.
edit on 27-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Context: I'm in North Carolina [some redneck podunk town in Harnett County, where pill bottle shaking is the mating call]. I hate most people when I go out, so I keep to myself, polite, and try to never go anywhere. Once a month maybe I do go to a grocery store and wear slacks, dress shoes, polite... all the proper etiquette common sense entails (but no eye contact, fast talking, movements, and gone).

I notice nothing abnormal. Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't spend much time though doing anything.

Read we're going to have the worst Thanksgiving and Christmas ever. But so far it's pretty regular. I tried telling family to get a bunch of spam and they all laughed at me like I'm looney tunes. :/
edit on 27-10-2021 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2021 by MikhailBakunin because: Editorial shi+

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

Maybe you need to ask why the cost of living is so high in your area?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I think a little context should be applied here. Working at a fast food place should not be considered a lifetime career, unless you plan on becoming a manager. If someone plans on working at McDonald's for the rest of their lives, that's a problem.

I know everyone doesn't always have great options and I sincerely feel for those that struggle. High school and college age students for the most part do have the option of living with their parents. Sure, there are some that don't have that option and they suffer with trying to pay the bills. But those that live with parents usually don't.

For example, my wife's two youngest kids are in college and live with us. We pay the bills and they go to school and have part time jobs. They have absolutely no bills other than putting gas in the car that we provide them. We do this so they can save their money at low paying jobs. When they finish college and get better jobs then things will change. They can either pay us a modest rent or move out. Their choice.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I'm aware of several reasons the cost of living is so high in my area. We're a rapidly growing and highly desirable community in south western Ontario with excellent universities and employment opportunities. People from larger, more expensive cities are flocking here. In addition, massive development companies, financial institutions, and private investors are driving up the price of real estate. Most listings go 20% over asking. In essence, we are experiencing the downsides of wealth inequality. Someone with a million dollar portfolio earns far more by not working than a random schlub earning $17/hour.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I think a little context should be applied here. Working at a fast food place should not be considered a lifetime career, unless you plan on becoming a manager. If someone plans on working at McDonald's for the rest of their lives, that's a problem.

This is truly the million dollar question. Is it wrong if someone wants to work service for the rest of their lives. You brough up McDonalds, but what about a janitor, or a maid, or window washer, or daycare worker. All these jobs make around the same amout as Mcdonalds. Are these jobs that only teens or entry level people should take. The answer is no. In the past a person could be those things and make a living. They were not wealthy, but they could afford the basics. That is not true these days. We need these people and we need to accept that these people deserve a living wage.

My uncle was a janitor his whole life. He was able to buy a very large house in a rural area, put his kids through school and retire. I think that is impossible in the same field these days.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Its not wrong. But it is a choice. There is a problem with wages not keeping up with inflation. Absolutely. My point is some, not all but some, of the problems lie with expectations. My father, for example didn't finish high school. He was in the Navy during WW2. He was able to get a civil servant job based on his service during the war. I'm sure he didn't aspire to that job but he knew he needed a job that would support the family that he wanted. So he took that job.

Personally, I respect anyone that works hard. But let's be honest. If someone puts in the time to get an education in a useful skill, shouldn't they expect to get paid more than someone that chooses to take a job that is known to be a dead end job?

Education is a serious problem imo. People are getting useless degrees that don't lead to a real world job and they are paying high dollar for that useless degree. People are coming out of college and expecting to make top dollar instead of realizing that they have to work their way up. Add to all that the fact that the jobs that used to pay well have been shipped overseas. Maybe they weren't jobs that were awe inspiring or somehow fulfilling but they did pay the bills.

It's not a simple problem and there are no simple solutions. Education, lack of jobs, higher than realistic expectations, wages not rising along with the cost of living. Just raising wages isn't going to fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

When I went to school for Engineering, I was made to take an English class. The instructor was a Grad Student who was working towards a Masters Degree in Romance Languages. About five years after I graduated, I was driving to work at a new job. There was a drive through coffee shop, that I stopped at. When I pulled up to the window, there was my English instructor working the drive through.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Since covid I've noticed my post office always has some cranky entitled old person reaming the postal worker helping them. I'm sure our local post office isn't the best, but the people I've seen yelling at them lately are obviously off their rocker and using the opportunity to vent.

As far as coffee culture, I'm a Seattlite and work PT in food delivery to about 60% coffee houses in the area. Coffee customers I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, they are cranky, rude, entitled drug addicts... and they think for a $2 tip they can berate you? Make your own damn cup is what I say, but I aint a barista.

Everywhere I go for my job I see job opening signs, the staff shortages are starting to become pretty obvious too

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I'm a Seattlite and work PT in food delivery to about 60% coffee houses in the area. Coffee customers I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, they are cranky, rude, entitled drug addicts

I can't even imagine... I've noticed breakfast places can't find help and I think for the same reason, people are too dang crabby!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join