It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started a new job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hey all,
I've started a new job as a permanent full-time Factory Hand assembling casters, pressing bearings into cast iron wheels, showroom bin restocking and other assorted general duties at Rex Industrial Equipment in the Wairau-Glenfield area of my city of Auckland, New Zealand and a week in I'm really enjoying the job and all the workshop guys are great to work with and the clean, organized workshop is a much nicer place to work in as opposed to the pigsty of a workshop at my previous job.

It's a family owned and operated company that apart from some components and the galvanizing/powder coating all the fabrication and assembly is done in-house.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
good for you dude, hope it works out.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds like a decent job. I like jobs where you do your work for eight hours or so and go home and do not have to take work home with you. I worked at Kohler for about a year and three months making sinks and engine blocks in the foundry years ago, I kind of liked it, I could rest my mind most of the night while at work.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Anyone that is working a honest living gets a high five from me ✋🏻

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Tino pai. Very good for you, so glad you found some work that you are enjoying.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've been trained and signed off on the lathe and bearing press.

The lathe work is removing the excess polyurethane from the polyurethane casters we manufacture and chamfering the edges and the bearing press work is pressing threaded studs into caster base plates so they can be welded on the robotic welding arm and pressing bearings into the polyurethane casters.

top topics

join