It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Percy Finding its own Way - Auto Nav Drive on Sol 200 - Sept. 12, 2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
NASA have released this sped up video of Perseverance's 574 feet drive as it used its hazard avoidance software to plot a safe route to its desired destination , Auto Nav seems to be working well as all but the first 26 feet of the journey were piloted autonomously by Perseverance.

AutoNav allows the rover to autonomously re-plan its route around rocks or other obstacles on its way to a pre-established destination. The video was taken by the rover's navigation cameras; they are capable of color, but black-and-white images are better for navigation. The video has been sped up by roughly 200 times with roughly 30 seconds between frames.
mars.nasa.gov...

Just waiting for the day Percy replies to NASA with "I'm sorry Dave , I don't want to go there I find over there more interesting"

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I find all these stories about rovers on other planets fascinating. Hot Wheels even released a 1:64 scale version of the Mars rover Sojourner:

After reading your last line, now I have the song "Daisy, Daisy" going through my head.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Just checked it out , cool thing.
There's also a Perseverance & Ingenuity model on Amazon , Shipping & Import Fees to get it over here bump the price up a bit but I may have to invest.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The terrain in the video looks remarkably like a weathered road bed to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Just checked it out , cool thing.
There's also a Perseverance & Ingenuity model on Amazon , Shipping & Import Fees to get it over here bump the price up a bit but I may have to invest.

Now, that's a pretty cool model! It looks real.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that, right before the fadeout in the video, on the right side it looked like what appeared to be well-worn blocks?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Likewise have you noticed the line of blocks all nice and straight on the left side? Obviously a disused canal.

new topics

top topics

join