It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers Wanted: Miners Offered $100k Per Year As Coal Prices Soar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My take two as so how are you liking the New World Order? Not the same as the Old World Order. So just having some thoughts on President Donald Trump as his attempt to get USA coal mining back on track. He then was beat down by all things Demoncratic and with the GreenNess.

Well folks, the world isn't going to collapse because of excessive CO2 in the Short Term. Its the man mad insanity ,gross neglect and incompetence by the global one per-centers

So what you think as its going to be a cold winter.

Workers Wanted: Miners Offered $100k Per Year As Coal Prices Soar

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Now we won't even be able to get coal in our stockings this Christmas.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

From what I read they need to pay that much because no one wants the position.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Its no wonder they cant find workers.
$100 k/ year in mining is a very low level position.

Might be different for coal in the USA.
I work at a Palladium mine in Canada.

It would be hard to keep quality employees for long with that wage in this industry.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

100k a year in USD, while living in a rural area, you'd be living very comfortably.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

100k a year in USD, while living in a rural area, you'd be living very comfortably.

Depends on the mine and safety standards. Rather shockingly Coal Lung is making a comeback in Appalachia, which is a very bad sign of lax safety regulations.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Oh comfortable for sure, where ever you are.
But more often than not, the Risk outweighs the Reward.

We have extremely high safety standards here.
There's zero tolerance for any BS on site.

Yet, unfortunately we continue to have accidents.
And more than a couple deaths over the years.

There's 4 other mines within 6 hours of here.
And dozens of exploration projects.

Mining is booming everywhere right now.
If your not paying competitive salaries, people will move on to the next place without batting an eye.

We actually had a mass exodus of guys from the East Coast here.
A new mine opened up locally to them and they went were the money was and to have the ability of being close to home.
Which in turn, prompted our company to give us all a real nice retention bonus.

An yes, Black Lung is horrible.
Proper ventilation and atomizers will go a long, long way.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There are lots of people living comfortably doing absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

HAHA amen to that!

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Unfortunately yes. In an extreme situation perhaps when those making hand over fist doing nothing can't heat their homes in the winter, something might click when money can't fix the issue anymore.

It boggles my mind how people don't see that an economy needs people working, not just pushing money around in a circle.

These types of jobs really aren't for everyone, unfortunately, you are right, it takes the right salary to attract those types of people. I would gladly go work in a mine, but where I work now as a welder make decent income and have good benefits.
Knowing how dangerous the mining industry is, it would take a lot more than what I have offered to me right now.
I worked in rolling stock rail car manufacturing for almost four years and that was dangerous, high stress, and not for everyone. I vowed to never go back to such working conditions.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If working in a coal mine wasn't so dangerous for ones health, I'd go for it but its very dangerous!

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

HAHA amen to that!

There is another aspect to this job too, not only is it dangerous, a lot of people have phobias of working in those conditions. Lack of light, fear of small spaces (can’t remember the word for it)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
...fear of small spaces (can’t remember the word for it)

Claustrophobia.

I also have a fear of getting black lung disease.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I knew people that had black lung, they did not work in mines. They worked for big pharma. Not even joking.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Most of coal mining is automated these days. Maintaince is the main reason for going near a coal face.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
...fear of small spaces (can’t remember the word for it)

Claustrophobia.

My Grandfather (on Dad's side) died of a rather nasty combination of Coal/Black Lung and lung cancer. He was a miner in South Wales for 20+ years until ill health forced him into early retirement. It's a horrible condition and in parts of South Wales it was common to see relatively young men in their 30's run out of breath when walking up a quite shallow hill.
I know, modern coal mining is very different, but the diagnosis of coal lung in so many cases in Appalachia is horrifying.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
excerpt, the time machine by HG Wells

... The Time Traveller concludes, feeling disgusted, that the Eloi are not the only species that have evolved from humans of his day: the Morlocks, as the ape beings are called, are human descendants, too.

The Time Traveller determines that the Eloi and Morlocks evolved as such because of the entrenched class divisions of Victorian England.

The Eloi are the descendants of the British elite, and the Morlocks the descendants of the British poor—the Eloi, the Time Traveller believes, have been exploiting the Morlocks for centuries, and, as a result, have easy lives.

Meanwhile, the Morlocks, toiling underground for the Eloi, can no longer bear to be in the light—their eyes have evolved in a way that light pains them.

so, the cave/mine tunnel Morlocks began their seperate evolutionary path as coal-miners ? at $100k annual ?
not so bright a future, eh?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My father died with 100% pneumoconiosis (black lung), he suffered for a long time and I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I come from a coal mining family, my great grandfather (on my grandmothers side) was a pit manager and my great grandfather (on my grandfathers side) was chief engineer at the same pit. My grandfather started down the pit, my father and my brothers and because what happened to my father I certainly would not go down "the black hole" though I worked on the surface till a certain woman prime minister devastated the UK mining industry.
SO, miners are worth every penny they can get.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Personally I don't care if the coal industry dies.

But I might get one of those coal jobs. Move in with my mom and save all my money for a year. Then buy a house.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

At the start of the year I will be moving to virginia. Any leads on high paying entry level coal jobs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join