It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are putting Pig Kidneys into Humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - For the first time, a pig kidney has been transplanted into a human without triggering immediate rejection by the recipient's immune system, a potentially major advance that could eventually help alleviate a dire shortage of human organs for transplant.

Is this a miracle or an abomination?
I’m going to tell you something weird, something I’ve always wondered.
Did humans really come from pigs? Look in a pigs eye and tell me that’s not the most human thing.
Maybe that’s why certain religions banned pork. Cultures that practiced cannibalism have said humans taste like pork.

The genetically altered pig, dubbed GalSafe, was developed by United Therapeutics Corp's Revivicor unit. It was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in December 2020, for use as food for people with a meat allergy and as a potential source of human therapeutics.

Genetically altered meat for those with a meat allergy….hmmm

www.revivicor.com...
Look at the image at the bottom of the page….hmmm

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

involved use of a pig whose genes had been altered

The recipient was a brain-dead patient with signs of kidney dysfunction

Dr Frankenstein, Dr Frankenstein ...... call for Dr Frankenstein

Maybe that’s why certain religions banned pork

I'm pretty sure the underlying reason for the religious banning is pork does not keep in warm climates, such as the middle east.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Pigs are omnivores, like humans.

In arid lands, such as those which gave rise to religions traditionally prohibiting the consumption of pork, pigs would compete for the scarce food resources available to humans.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Was the kidney recipient Covid-19 vaccinated? I hear the so-called "vaccines" weaken the immune system. That could partially explain the ease with which the human body accepted the pig kidney. Imagine what frontiers in medicine this opens! (Maybe the thread would be better in a General Medical forum.)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well. Not sure what to say here other than pigs represent the corpus of humans better than any other animal.

What took them so long to admit it’s been done?

Kinda like the folks at the UFO consortium earlier this year saying “there’s something there, it ain’t extraterrestrial. No further comment.”

Not sure about the ban on cloven-hoofs for consumption via monotheistic religions, but I’m guessing wallowing in mud and feces has its drawbacks for the consumption?

Anyway, why am I thinking of Gangs of New York?

Thanks for the OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

They should leave the pigs alone.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is this a miracle or an abomination?

Since people do die of kidney failure while on a waiting list for a donor kidney, I'd say this is definitely a good thing, as long as it continues to be successful in others.

I just came across this interesting article about a study done between 2004 - 2014, so it's most likely worse now. The U.S. throws away an average of 10 donated kidneys per day, while about 12 people die each day waiting for a kidney. To put it simply, they throw them away because they're not perfect kidneys, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't work.

Nearly 100,000 Americans are on the waiting list for a kidney transplant, and about 12 people die each day waiting for a kidney transplant. Meanwhile, about 10 kidneys are discarded daily, according to the National Kidney Foundation based in New York City.

www.usatoday.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - For the first time, a pig kidney has been transplanted into a human without triggering immediate rejection by the recipient's immune system
I wonder how many times (& for how many years) they have tried this and it failed.

edit on 10/20/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Do you think it's ok to abuse pigs like this?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Given that I may need a kidney transplant in 20 to 30 years I'm going with miracle over abomination.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Pog heart valves have been used for decades to replace failing it congenital defective valves.

Synthetic thyroid hormones have been made from bovine thyroid as well.

My wife decided on a mechanical valve even though it meant blood thinners for life.

Pig parts are more compatible with humans than one would think. A kidney is a organ and not just a part though. Surprised it wasn't tried earlier.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Pigs are omnivores, like humans.

In arid lands, such as those which gave rise to religions traditionally prohibiting the consumption of pork, pigs would compete for the scarce food resources available to humans.

In light of this it seems pretty stupid to ban the consumption of your competitors.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Although, why do people with a meat allergy need to eat meat?

Organs i can possibly understand. But most people don't need meat and the pig meat slaughterhouse industry is already incredibly cruel.

I don't know if we deserve pig's organs when all we do is treat them in the cruelest wwy, despite them being animals of high intelligence and ability to experience pain.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Look at a morbidly obese human, then look at a fat pig, I can’t ever un-see that comparison.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
From the article:
“Further down the pipeline, the company is also engaged in developing GE pigs capable of producing fully human antibodies for use as vaccines against infectious agents (ie. anthrax, MRSA, H1N1, HIV); this is an ongoing pre-clinical program which has been funded through the Department of Defense with a market potential capable of surpassing all other products combined.”

—-WHY funding from D.O.D. I wonder??

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Not sure about the ban on cloven-hoofs for consumption via monotheistic religions, but I’m guessing wallowing in mud and feces has its drawbacks for the consumption?

They don't do that in the wild 🤣

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I guess middle easterners and Seventh day adventist will no be getting a pig kidney even if is to save their lives,

Anyway, what can I say the sky is the limit in our new alternative world, after all the human race will become less organic with all that big pharma and scientist have planned for all of us.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I agree with you.
and it exsplanes why jews and muslims dont eat pig!
they dont remember why, it has been lost to time.
and do you think scientists would tel us if they found DNA evidence?
no one would want to belive it.
( and god took two PIG's ribs and made mad! )

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So we are part way to ManBearPig?

I would like a heart transplant from a tiger but only if the tiger is stuffed or turned into a rug so I can say “See that tiger? I got his heart.” And then show the scars.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I remember reading awhile ago that they were on this path. Decades ago, my uncle had pig heart valves used to replaced the valves in his heart. That was about 3 decades ago and he is still doing great.

I also remember reading (on ATS??) a theory that Homo sapiens came from a pig/ape hybrid. I'm sketchy on the details.

Edit: Found a decent link.
A pig-chimp hybrid for human origins: from phys.org
edit on 20 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I remember reading awhile ago that they were on this path. Decades ago, my uncle had pig heart valves used to replaced the valves in his heart. That was about 3 decades ago and he is still doing great.

I also remember reading (on ATS??) a theory that Homo sapiens came from a pig/ape hybrid. I'm sketchy on the details.

Edit: Found a decent link.
A pig-chimp hybrid for human origins from phys.org

what if the different races of humans are all ape/animal hybrids.
There is a folktale that Koreans are from Bears its funny but every time I see a bear and its fur and eyes it makes me go hmmm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join