It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J&J's sneaky tactic: 40,000 lawsuits placed into bankruptcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
J&J is facing nearly 40,000 lawsuits
A 2018 Reuters investigation revealed that the company knew for 40 years that its baby powder contained asbestos, which is extremely carcinogenic and causes deadly illnesses such as mesothelioma and cancer.

They claim innocence, yet

In June, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear J&J's appeal of a Missouri court ruling that resulted in $2 billion of damages awarded to women alleging the company's talc caused their ovarian cancer.

Settlements and verdicts have amounted to $3.5 Billion already and they've stopped selling baby powder in the US and Canada.
Sounds super-duper innocent to me!

So what do they do to avoid losing any more of their super-duper honestly earned $400Billion market value?
Split the company in two, dump the liabilities into the new entity...
And then have that new subsidiary claim bankruptcy!

This is more than just a dastardly abuse of the legal system.
It's about as evil as a company can get.

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N) on Thursday put into bankruptcy tens of thousands of legal claims alleging its Baby Powder and other talc-based products caused cancer, offloading the potential liabilities into a newly created subsidiary.

J&J put the talc claims into an entity called LTL Management LLC, which filed for bankruptcy protection on Thursday in North Carolina, according to the company and court records.

Reuters

edit on 16-10-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fix

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"....and I say to myself; what a wonderful world"

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

It is a great legal ruse at least we know we are dealing with criminals. That's the first step for change.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
People wonder why We want nothing to do with what they are offering ie the Covid Vaccine.

Now they know...no trust!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And just think...baby powder with asbestos was on the market for over a hundred years before anybody said anything about asbestos..but science 😃☠️

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Why would anyone trust like J&j or others knowing their record?
edit on 16-10-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My mother use baby powder for years, I remember her dusting herself after each bath because it kept the skin dry, I just buried my mother two days ago, she had terminal cancer but in the liver, I wonder if it was anything related.

But I do remember, even I used to put baby power on me, too.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They found that smokers in the asbestos mines in Australia never succumbed to a fatal outcome like the nonsmokers.I wonder if all these things were barely working population reduction schemes, why would anyone with any common sense put asbestos in baby powder unless it was for a perverted outcome. Just the same as the worldwide push to stop smoking, as nicotine is anti-fungal antiparasitic and antiviral, even the tobacco grown is reducing the amount of Nicotine in the leaf, just the same as the oranges with all the vitamin C in the skin which gets thrown away, and varieties far too sweet. It is sounding like they really are out to get us.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

J&J claims it is all lies. That their baby powder doesn't contain asbestos. Here is another quote from the article in the OP:

A 2018 Reuters investigation found J&J knew for decades that asbestos, a known carcinogen, lurked in its Baby Powder and other cosmetic talc products. The company stopped selling Baby Powder in the United States and Canada in May 2020, in part due to what it called "misinformation" and "unfounded allegations" about the talc-based product.

So who knows. Obviously there must be some documentation of wrongdoing on J&J's part or they wouldn't have had to pay billions already right? Hmm...

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And just think...baby powder with asbestos was on the market for over a hundred years before anybody said anything about asbestos..but science 😃☠️

In use for over 100 years!
sounds like a setup to me.

Is asbestos realy bad? no real.
they stop't useing it to easily.
just look at smoking!
and achole. they stop't it then started it.
and the harm goes on.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
People wonder why We want nothing to do with what they are offering ie the Covid Vaccine.

Now they know...no trust!

Yup. These are all criminal scum that don't give two cr*ps about anyone but themselves. Psychopaths.
Oh & their behaviour will get rewarded and we'll be paying for it (taxpayers).

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Well, they are out to get from us, whatever they can. We are the means to all that wealth and power.

They keep dangling the carrot, and we keep following it, straight toward our demise. We know they are selling us worthless, deadly, snake oil, but we can't resit buying it.

Check your pantries, closets, and drawers. How many product to you have just sitting there, that you bought because of some believable claim, that you knew before buying it, was a lie? But you bought it anyway. Just to try it. And there it sits. A reminder, though not a deterrent, from purchasing the next worthless product that claims to make you beautiful in some way.

Rapid hair growth, shinning hair, glowing flawless skin, rapid weight loss. We have not learned.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The corporate shielding of limited liability is a big problem with things going off the rails the way it has. The Vatican was the one to create the corporate entity to protect its workers as they went out bashing the natives with the Bible. As long as these people where acting withing the corporate charter of expanding the influence of the church, they where protected from personal liability by the legal system.

Would these big pharma companies be doing what they are doing if each individual was made accountable for their actions rather than just cutting off a share of the profits to the legal sector?

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

At least they make those Safe-and-Effective™ ' Quackcines™ !!

So they have this super-duper doing a favour for humanity Vaxx department, which must somehow have it's own separate C-level board, and, uhmmm, board of directors, as compared to the 'bad' department that made, marketed, promoted, and sold to the world, that must have had all of the 'bad' C-level board, and, uhmmm, board of directors, and uhhmmm,....

Decades of high-level managers and directors, continually making decisions to maximize profits, AT ANY COST to the public.

Criminal cabals is what they all are.

And they have so much power, that the bastards get-away with it every time.

It is beyond my comprehension, how any person took a Quackcine™ from these evil criminals.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
So what do they do to avoid losing any more of their super-duper honestly earned $400Billion market value?
Split the company in two, dump the liabilities into the new entity...
And then have that new subsidiary claim bankruptcy!

Ummm... sorry, but I don't see how that can even be considered remotely legal.

If the lawsuit was against J&J and not the subsidiary, they cannot post facto remove those liabilities to a separate company. No way. Something else is going on here.

new topics

top topics

join