It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious exemption

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Religious exemptions for the global covid vaccine rollout are not being accepted by the authorities. Basically there are no exceptions for refusal, but the rejection of a plea for exemption on religious grounds has a connotation which runs deeper than just the highest law is one which is for the common good.

If I claim an exemption on religious grounds, what will be the process of consideration by the irrelevant authorities to evaluate it? Obviously they cannot just immediately reply”No!” They will firstly ask: “To which religion do you belong?” So this implies firstly that all religion is organized, and if it is not organized then it has no foundation and so therefore has no ‘license’.

But which organized religion is actually making an outspoken stand against the mandating of this novel form of g.m.o - based biological intervention? I haven’t seen any? So the politicians and the priests seem to have arrived at some sort of understanding. That is something like an agreement between church and state of non-interference. The priesthood though is actually bowing down to the mandates of state. They are demonstrating the fact that they are not concerned with religion at all, but are just another form of political organization.

Politics concerns organization and control of the physical world. Organized religion concerns a code of behavior in the physical world along with a belief system in a world beyond embodied physical life. The only difference between organized religion and politics is this belief in a physical afterlife. This suits politics very well as organized religion is allowed to exist as long as it doesn't interfere in earthly politics.

Organized religion has no living master or living proof of an existing dimension that transcends the physical realm. A living master is proof that the physical reality is not separated from higher realms of being but is a foundation for them to manifest through the avatar of a physical body.

Organized religion does not synthesize, it divides reality into physical and spiritual - one reality in this life and one beyond this life. Each reality seems to be independent of the other although actions in the physical world are believed to affect one’s status in the after life world.

The logic of organized religion is that it is belief rather than physical conditions which determine the afterlife condition. One could be blind, deaf or dumb and as long as one has belief then all will be well on the road up ahead.

So, what’s with a vaccine? That is not going to interfere with your spiritual condition! Body is body, soul is soul. But what happened to: “What God has put together let no man put asunder”? But if I asked an all-knowing priest he/she would reply that I have taken the phrase out of it’s intentional context by God.

What actually is religion then? I mean in relation to me. Why am I not able to request a religious exemption without having a representative of some established organized religion to back me up? Is self realization not possible without another human being to validate it?

Second thing is no leader of any established religion is going to stand up as my referee. An application for a house rental requires 3 referees, but how many do I require for a religious exemption?

I don’t blame the political establishment for this situation, I blame the religious establishment for being such a bunch of sissies. Toothless tigers. Hushed-mouthed enablers of the stalking bully in the room. Cowards.

Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has received his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine while urging others eligible to "take this injection".
"This is very very helpful, very good," he said as he was given the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab at a facility in the Indian city of Dharamsala on Saturday.
The Dalai Lama had enrolled himself to be vaccinated, officials said.

Receiving his first shot in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh on Saturday, the Dalai Lama said people needed to be vaccinated to "prevent some serious problems".

The chief medical officer of Himachal Pradesh's Kangra district, Dr Gurdarshan Gupta, said the Dalai Lama had offered to visit the vaccination centre "like a common man", Reuters news agency reported.

Speaking to the BBC last year, the Dalai Lama said the pandemic had promoted a "sense of concern, a more compassionate feeling".

The leader of Tibetan Buddhism sees reasons for optimism even in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. People are helping one another, he tells the BBC's Justin Rowlatt, and if seven billion people on Earth develop "a sense of oneness" they may yet unite to solve the problem of climate change.

www.bbc.com...

medallion of spiritual accomplishment

“you are one...more one than any one.”

Sadhguru - don't ask.

edit on 15-10-2021 by HilterDayon because: pic did not appear on first upload

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've been extremely disappointed by people I used to look to for spiritual and psychological inspiration. It just reinforces the fact that nobody really "knows" anything, you have to find your truth for yourself. Religion has always been a political tool.

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing" - Socrates
edit on 15-10-2021 by herefortheride because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Don't know why the Dalai Lama is getting one, Surely he can just move on to his next life, then the next and the next.

What does the Dalai Lama say about the afterlife?
The Dalai Lama describes the process of death

“As a Buddhist, I view death as a normal process, a reality that I accept will occur as long as I remain in this earthly existence. Knowing that I cannot escape it, I see no point in worrying about it".
Seems awfully worried to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

I believe this will play out exactly the way it was meant to.

Those that are firm in their convictions, will not need acceptance or permission from a pastor, priest, boss, or government.

They know what is right for them, and no mandate, threat, or punishment, will be able to change what they believe is right.

This is a choice that each and every person has to make. I don't have the authority to tell anyone what is the right choice. I only have the authority over my own actions, and the choice of whom I willingly, give authority over me.

There are not enough people who will be able to resist compliance. For those that do stand firm, and will not comply, it is going to be tough. It will be no surprise. It is expected and projected.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Don't know why the Dalai Lama is getting one, Surely he can just move on to his next life, then the next and the next.

What does the Dalai Lama say about the afterlife?
The Dalai Lama describes the process of death

“As a Buddhist, I view death as a normal process, a reality that I accept will occur as long as I remain in this earthly existence. Knowing that I cannot escape it, I see no point in worrying about it".
Seems awfully worried to me.

The same argument can be made for any devout believer who subscribes to the process of being evicted from your mortal avatar and ascending to some lofty alternate dimension.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon
They will firstly ask: “To which religion do you belong?”

Employers should not be asking their employees this question.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The same argument can be made for any devout believer who subscribes to the process of being evicted from your mortal avatar and ascending to some lofty alternate dimension.

Interesting. Do you believe that wishing to avoid death is evidence of a lack of religion?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The courts have already ruled on this a long time ago. A religious exemption does NOT require any affiliation with any organized religious group. It only requires a personal moral objection.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Fear of death suggests the faith is weak. Regardless of circumstance or the nature of imminent mortal peril.

edit on 15-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Faith is intrinsic, it's internal and individual.

This is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment, but no surprize that the evil left would applaud it.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Fear, perhaps. How about simply not wishing to die yet?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It is peculiar to think any devout believer would choose to sustain their human existence given their ritual dedication to being reborn. The metaphor of dying isn't entirely metaphor. But I'm an ignorant heathen. *shrug*

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
The courts have already ruled on this a long time ago. A religious exemption does NOT require any affiliation with any organized religious group. It only requires a personal moral objection.

Religion means different things to different people, different cultures, and societies.

No one has the right to evaluate and make a determination on how faithful your personal principles, beliefs, and commitments are to whomever or whatever you worship.

If you give someone that kind of control over you, you have relinquished all, and there is no return. If you value yourself so lowly, why would you expect anyone else to see you as human, or with any value or worth?

We all have our price. If you sell yourself for less than a pittance, you will be treated accordingly, and with no recourse.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If you claim to have faith in God, then His Grace with protect you from ill effects of the vaccine.

Quit using your religion to justify a fear of needles and science.

There is no agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

originally posted by: 00018GE

"Looking back through Australia's recent history, there's only been one religion that has successfully lobbied for a vaccine exemption. That is the Christian Scientists, a small sect of Christianity who believes in prayerful healing to manage their health.

According to the 2016 Census, just 974 Australians reported they were Christian Scientist, out of 12 million people identifying as Christian more broadly.

In 1998, the church was granted an exemption to the Federal Government's new "no jab, no pay" laws that meant children had to be vaccinated to receive childcare and family benefits. They were the only religion to receive such an exemption — which required parents and carers to provide a letter from a church leader — sparking unfounded fears the decision would cause a flood of new converts eager to bypass the laws.

"As far as our practice of trusting our problems to God prayerfully, that hasn't really altered," said Edwina Aubin, a Christian Scientist practitioner from Brisbane. "We're not 'anti-vax' as such, and neither are we 'pro-vax' … if it's what's required, then that's what we'll do."

Ms Aubin explains that while the majority of the church's members feel they don't require traditional medicine, instead relying on prayer and the support of practitioners in the church, there's nothing stopping them from seeking it out — whether it's a legal requirement or not.

But when it comes to COVID-19, the Christian Scientists are taking a different approach.

"As far as our practice of trusting our problems to God prayerfully, that hasn't really altered," said Edwina Aubin, a Christian Scientist practitioner from Brisbane. "We're not 'anti-vax' as such, and neither are we 'pro-vax' … if it's what's required, then that's what we'll do."

Ms Aubin explains that while the majority of the church's members feel they don't require traditional medicine, instead relying on prayer and the support of practitioners in the church, there's nothing stopping them from seeking it out — whether it's a legal requirement or not.

But even so, she said the question of whether to get the COVID-19 jab "probably has challenged many Christian Scientists". In making the decision, she pointed to another core tenet of their beliefs: "Do to another what you want done to yourself."

"I certainly know those who have chosen to be vaccinated have done so because they feel it's the more loving thing to do to allay the fears of those around them," she said.

"We're conscious that we don't want to make another fearful because of our stance, and if there's no fear in our thought to go ahead and be vaccinated then that's a more loving step to take."

It's this approach that led the government to scrap religious exemptions to immunisation completely in 2015, declaring the policy no longer necessary."

www.abc.net.au...

Why am I not feeling the love?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Do no harm is the basis of Buddhism. I think it has more to do with that than a fear of dying or not wanting to die. He probably honestly believes he is protecting people by getting vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
If you claim to have faith in God, then His Grace with protect you from ill effects of the vaccine.

If you know the vaccines have ill effects, He already graced you with the wisdom to not take them.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

We took Moderna.

No side effects.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: MotherMayEye

We took Moderna.

No side effects.

If you never had it, you will never miss it.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I just need to point out that according to that view, aren't the only people with faith the people who have died?

That says that anyone who is alive is obviously not following their faith and thus not eligible for a religious exemption, doesn't it?

----------------------------------

But I see it another way: the worry about catching a disease is the fear of dying (or at least being handicapped) from it. Otherwise, a disease is only a temporary nuisance. So since the vaccine is said to provide immunity to the disease, the very act of refusing the vaccination tells me that the person is exercising their faith and thus qualifies for a religious exemption simply by virtue of their refusal.

Would you agree that taking the vaccine is in itself an act signifying a lack of faith?

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join