It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall of common high blood pressure meds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just a quick thread in case this applies to someone here.

You should call your doctor if you are taking Irbesartan Tablets and Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP for high blood pressure. They are being recalled for high levels of "N-nitroso irbesartan, a probable human carcinogen.

You can also contact Inmar Rx Solutions, Inc. at (855) 769-3988 or (855) 769-3989 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information about the recall or to get a refund for any meds you have at home.

If you take this common medication, call your doctor now. FDA says
edit on 15 10 2021 by tamusan because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

If you smoke, it doesn't make a difference. Thanks for the heads-up though. I have a few clients who might be on these meds. Will contact the non-smokers, if applicable.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Fri Oct 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: YongSu One has nothing to do with the other

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, the contaminant is in cigarette smoke, too. I think it's prudent to even put the smokers on something different to stem off any malpractice suits.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YongSu

I don't see what this has to do with any current U.S. politician. The pills in this recall are made in India. Blood pressure meds have also had recalls for the same thing going back to 2017.
edit on 15 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyVatrovia
One has nothing to do with the other

You do have a link to back up your statement, right?

That' what I keep hearing people demand here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I find it's often a waste of time to find a link when people here request one. [snipped] I found that when I do post a link to support something I've said, either the source is attacked or people completely ignore it. That happened to me yesterday when I posted links that clearly supported what I said in the thread. Everyone ignored the links because they didn't fit their preferred narrative.

edit on Fri Oct 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: let's stick to the topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Only a few can get a link out of me, if I don't include it in the post, lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hey, thanks. I am actually on that med, and am on the phone with my doctor's office right now hah

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I'm glad that my thread was helpful for you, but at the same time, I'm not happy that you have to deal with a recall of an important for you med. This stuff happens far too often. I hope you and your doctor can quickly get it straightened out.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I find it's often a waste of time to find a link when people here request one. [...]

You're totally right. I only ask for a link out of the people who only post to run down somebody else's opinion, and while doing that, they prove the other person's opinion is wrong by giving their opinion. I'm trying to get those people to see the irony of what they're doing.

But there are a lot of dense people coming out of the woodwork these days.
edit on Fri Oct 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YongSu

Indeed but there have been many high bp meds recalled in the past 5 years including losartan (for some cancer causing contaminate) which is probably one of the cheapest and most common med prescribed for unspecified hypertension. I think maybe the bigger story is the coverup of stroke related reactions and side-effects from the clot-shot.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You will be fine. There are literally a hundred or more alternatives if you include ace inhibitors, arbs, and beta-blockers, depending on your exact condition.

A personal experience for your amusement... I used to take 5mg bystolic for unsp htn but beta blockers practically put me to sleep all day and I couldnt function, so I started metoprolol right before a vacation and found im allergic to it when i developed a terrible rash. I couldnt go swimming for the embarrassment that was my upper-torso covered in red patches and it ruined the entire trip all things considered. Currently i take no medicine for blood pressure because im much healthier now and no longer require it. Maybe you can drill down to the root cause of your HBP and address it in other ways, but there are plenty of other meds if not.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Apologies if my post made you feel like I singled you out. That wasn't my intention. I was making more of a general comment that was only indirectly related to you asking for a link.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Apologies if my post made you feel like I singled you out. That wasn't my intention. I was making more of a general comment that was only indirectly related to you asking for a link.

I understood where you were coming from right away - no problem. We're good!
edit on 15-10-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Hey thanks ... and it worked out. My doctor's office called the pharmacist who issues my particular prescription, and my dosage size was not in the recall pill size. I am looking at my bottle now, which holds the 150 mg irbesartan with 12.5 mg of hydrochorothiazide, and they are telling me it is a different dosage combination of pills affected in this particular recall, for whatever that is worth. I am very thankful for this thread regardless, because we all have to watch each other's backs, and ATS is a great place for that. Truly.

BUT the pharmacist did not say exactly which pills WERE affected; so, I would definitely continue to urge anyone on irbesartan to call and have your own local people check out the situation for you, locally. What these people told me only applies to the local supply chain where I am, unfortunately, and even with that, I am still slightly leery .. having lost just a little trust in the healthcare system overall as of late.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I just looked it up. Check your ndc numbers against the ones below cuz 150/12.5 is definitely listed.

The affected medications include 75-mg. Irbesartan Tablets USP with NDC numbers 68180-410-06 and 68180-410-09, 150-mg. Irbesartan Tablets USP with NDC numbers 68180-411-06 and 68180-411-09, and 300-mg. Irbesartan Tablets USP with NDC numbers 68180-412-06 and 68180-412-09, all of which were distributed on Oct. 10, 2018 and Dec. 3, 2020. The recall also affects 150-mg./12.5-mg. Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP with NDC numbers 68180-413-06 and 68180-413-09 and 300-mg./12.5-mg. Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP with NDC numbers 68180-414-06 and 68180-414-09, both of which were distributed on Oct. 17, 2018 and Nov. 18, 2020.
edit on 15-10-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Way back I was getting readings of 190/90 My first line of action was giving up dairy milk and cheese. If you put something acidic like vinegar into the milk you can see the casein, this blocks everything up and makes the heart have to work harder, after about ten days it clears, but if you are still on blood pressure meds you might have to drop them off the BP will get to low. I went on to Almond milk, which you can make yourself, and a non-dairy cheddar which is just like the real thing, just now and again for a treat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join