It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pale Nimbus - Cliffs of Insanity - You have probably never hear this song but expand your horizo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

A Buddy of mine introduced me to this band back in the early 2000s. They had a couple of songs that were really good on MySpace then they disappeared. I believe they were from Philadelphia. I just happened to remember them and luckily the one song I do remember is actually on youtube.

Yes, the lyrics are talking about The Princess Bride LOL. Hope you enjoy this song as much as I do knowing it's the only place to find it and the band is long gone.
edit on 14-10-2021 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Earlier, I was thinking about some more music I want to post here, and also about the reason why I post music here. The real reason I post any music is because I hope that at least 1 person might stumble upon it and find something new to like.

In most cases though, in order for that to happen, someone might have to put a little bit of effort in and possibly even listen to it a couple times to give it a chance to grow on them. I also realize that I am a hypocrite, because that is what I want others to do, but I don't always do that myself.

So this morning, I decided that when someone posts something I've never heard of, I'm gonna listen to it 3 times. Even if I think it sucks on the first listen, I'll still come back a little later and listen again, and then again.

So you're #1 in this experiment. I'll be back later (or tomorrow) and let you know the result, one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Earlier, I was thinking about some more music I want to post here, and also about the reason why I post music here. The real reason I post any music is because I hope that at least 1 person might stumble upon it and find something new to like.

In most cases though, in order for that to happen, someone might have to put a little bit of effort in and possibly even listen to it a couple times to give it a chance to grow on them. I also realize that I am a hypocrite, because that is what I want others to do, but I don't always do that myself.

So this morning, I decided that when someone posts something I've never heard of, I'm gonna listen to it 3 times. Even if I think it sucks on the first listen, I'll still come back a little later and listen again, and then again.

So you're #1 in this experiment. I'll be back later (or tomorrow) and let you know the result, one way or the other.

Thanks! I really enjoy the song and I hope you do too. If not no big deal. To each their own.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I thought it was really cool and I pretty much only listen to house music and some alternative rock sometimes.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Very nice

dig the outro, honeslty dig the whole song, but like, that outro

have they got much music released?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AAnonymousEnigma

Very nice

dig the outro, honeslty dig the whole song, but like, that outro

have they got much music released?

No unfortunately they only jhad 4 songs on MySpace back in the day and I cant find the other 3 anywhere. I used to have it on my old Ipod but I cant find the ipod lol. Ill look for it again

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

agh Myspace music, got me right in the nostaligia lulz.

& it's no stress, that is unfortunate though, their style is right up my alley.
I'll have a look around myself and let you know if I come across anything!

edit on 14-10-2021 by AAnonymousEnigma because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I like
very 70-ish prog vibe

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Not bad. I was getting some major Pink Floyd vibes.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss

Not bad. I was getting some major Pink Floyd vibes.

I felt that too, a little bit of 'The Wall' in the beginning. Also reminded me a bit of some 70s instrumental Black Sabbath.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

They had a couple of songs that were really good on MySpace then they disappeared. I believe they were from Philadelphia. I just happened to remember them and luckily the one song I do remember is actually on youtube.

Yes, the lyrics are talking about The Princess Bride LOL. Hope you enjoy this song as much as I do knowing it's the only place to find it and the band is long gone.

I'm not real sure about the results of my 'listen 3 times' experiment. I mean I like it, but it seemed familiar to me from the beginning, so by the 3rd listen today, I didn't like it any more or any less.... It's good though.

Anyways, their MySpace page is still there.
myspace.com...

and you were close with Philadelphia. It says they were from Allentown, PA.

The MySpace page has 2 songs on it:
• 'Nothing (Live on W.E.S.S. Radio 90.3)'
• 'BURN'

They won't play for me, but I don't know, MAYBE if you still have access to your account.

join